Getting Ron Paul into the oval office

conceptualman

Car(s)
Volvo wia64t with turbocharged 12.7L straight 6! !
considering all things , i feel it is time for a new approach to the presidency .

the reasons are many .
social security , estimates are that if we keep going as is , that by the year 2030 , there will be average 2 contributors to support one retiree .this is not practical .
the taxes and spending to support the military industrial complex
the taxes and spending to support the medical industrial complex

he advocates :
gun rights
no income tax
returning the power of the federal government to it's constitutional limits
ending the war on drugs (war on americans?)
i do not mind some responsibility to go with some freedom

chart.gif

National-Debt-GDP-L.gif

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7d_e9lrcZ8[/YOUTUBE]

i know a lot of you support ron paul . you are politically aware . most people are not .
how do we inform them that there is an alternative to the usual suspects , that there is someone out there who has the answers and is willing to tell the truth , not just what he thinks most people want to hear ?

one idea is to find area near freeways or roads to provide signs ... BIG signs or billboards explaining the positions he takes and why they are beneficial .
my concern is that just signs saying "Ron paul 08" get the name out but cause yawns . a person is not motivated to learn more . he needs a lot more press .
the web of course has been very beneficial .
who has endorsed him for candidate ?

i know a lot of you support ron paul . you are politically aware . most people are not .
how do we inform them that there is an alternative to the usual suspects , that there is someone out there who has the answers and is willing to tell the truth , not just what he thinks most people want to hear ?

one idea is to find area near freeways or roads to provide signs ... BIG signs or billboards explaining the positions he takes and why they are beneficial .
my concern is that just signs saying "Ron paul 08" get the name out but cause yawns . a person is not motivated to learn more .
he needs a lot more press .

I don't know a thing about Ron Paul. Most of what I have heard touts him as a joke, whose only support really comes from the internet (serious business). So with that, I won't say anything about him.

But two things regarding your post above. If you want to inform people that there are other options, try donating money to the campaign fund of the above candidate. Obama, "Mit", Hildog, and Guliani are popular for several reasons, but a big one is because of the pocketbooks they hall around. The have the ability to advertise themselves all over the place. So helping your candidate's funds, will certainly help his fame. Secondly, "Big signs or billboards" aren't going to work well to get out his issues and advocations. Who is going to read a billboard depicting all a candidates talking points whilst traveling 70mph? And if you want to capture someone's attention, placing a long winded sign outside a department store or in a school isn't going to do it. They in themselves would be too long and boring.

Those bumper stickers saying "Richardson '08" are effective because they are short and could be thought provoking. I would hardly consider them "yawn inducing". People are naturally inquisitive. If you place enough Ron Paul stickers around, with say a link to his site, you'll have better chances of getting the word out.

Or you could have a bunch of people dress up like Ron Pauls and ring bells outside malls. Works for the salvation army.

Last edited:
I hate this guy. My hate is mostly due to a whole bunch of retarded internet supporters.

Hmm If I was an American I'd be going for Dennis Kucinich, He seems like he's got some good policies, Not sure how many people would agree with me.

I don't really like Ron Paul, he's a bit to right-wing for my liking, but atleast he respects Human Rights and Civil Liberties.

^ I agree with that, been a Kucinich supporter since the last election. Funny neither of us are Yanks. :D

I don't know a thing about Ron Paul. Most of what I have heard touts him as a joke, whose only support really comes from the internet (serious business). So with that, I won't say anything about him.

there needs to be an effective way to quickly close the notion that he is a joke . probably the best way is to have people look at the support he is gaining .

But two things regarding your post above. If you want to inform people that there are other options, try donating money to the campaign fund of the above candidate.

that is true , but a lot of people do not have much to spare and maybe can make a bigger impact in other ways .

Obama, "Mit", Hildog, and Guliani are popular for several reasons, but a big one is because of the pocketbooks they hall around. The have the ability to advertise themselves all over the place. So helping your candidate's funds, will certainly help his fame.

every bit helps .
currently he has more money than mccain and i have heard he also has more money than giuliani .

Secondly, "Big signs or billboards" aren't going to work well to get out his issues and advocations. Who is going to read a billboard depicting all a candidates talking points whilst traveling 70mph? And if you want to capture someone's attention, placing a long winded sign outside a department store or in a school isn't going to do it. They in themselves would be too long and boring.

i was thinking of a short , high impact message which is very striking and makes what he stands for clear .

i feel that if there is a point by point message , that after enough trips to work and back or traffic jams a person would read through it ....whether they were interested or not :)

Those bumper stickers saying "Richardson '08" are effective because they are short and could be thought provoking. I would hardly consider them "yawn inducing". People are naturally inquisitive. If you place enough Ron Paul stickers around, with say a link to his site, you'll have better chances of getting the word out.

it is true that sheer volume gets the name out , but i think something is needed to distinguish him from the other candidates .

Or you could have a bunch of people dress up like Ron Pauls and ring bells outside malls. Works for the salvation army.

:lmao:
actually , there is a brilliant kernel of an idea there . maybe to promote ron paul it could be like the skydiving elvises but instead it would be the skydiving ron pauls . or a mass gathering with masks like in that movie v for vendetta . eerie but effective :)

nice commentary . thank you

I hate this guy. My hate is mostly due to a whole bunch of retarded internet supporters.

a number of your views are concurrent with his .
the fact that you hate him is ironic to me.

how much have you learned about him ?

what is so retarded about the internet supporters ?

what is so retarded about the internet supporters ?

Where do we begin...

LOLcats, LOLwalrus, LOLpresidents, Hulk Hogan 9/11, Ha!Ha! guy, black baby face (see my profile), "I'm in ur____ , _____in' ur _____", "All your base are belong to us", Serious business, Star Wars Kid, Numa Numa, Angry German Kid, Godwinning.....the list goes on and on.

/hail internets.

I was just flipping through the channels and landed on Fox News. Apparently there was a debate here in Orlando, which I had no idea about. Anyway, from the little I saw.....ugh. How about some ground rules? Like no cheering or booing when people are talking. Ron Paul got some applause but a lot of boos (watching the end), of course...the audience was wildy cheering for war with Iran. So they are idiots anyway.

Firecat said:
... the audience was wildy cheering for war with Iran. So they are idiots anyway.
I think that's a solid way to measure idiocy.

I'm still kind of on the fence about Ron, but I think I would vote for him just for a change of pace in the Washington. I do think his views on the so-called war on drugs and his interpretation of the Constitution is pretty much right on though.

Well, I got negative(?) "reputation points" from someone regarding this thread....the comment left...

"Uh, what? So anyone who doesn't agree with you is a idiot?"

To whomever left that. No, people are idiots for wanting war without a valid reason. Especially considering the current state of affairs.

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of Ron Paul because he has the issue of Pirates on hand:
http://img150.imageshack.**/img150/7132/ronpaulpiratesdz6.jpg

i said : currently he has more money than mccain and i have heard he also has more money than giuliani .

actually , he has nowhere near what giuliani has , but in a sense , more that mitt .hillary has more money than all , for now .

the tally is here :

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/index.asp?cycle=2008

ron paul will need to get grass roots support , apparently . ...

I'm a big fan of Ron Paul because he has the issue of Pirates on hand:
http://img150.imageshack.**/img150/7132/ronpaulpiratesdz6.jpg

huh ?????

a number of your views are concurrent with his .
the fact that you hate him is ironic to me.

I'm willing to bet that almost any political candidate has at least a few views you will agree with.

I mean, at the risk of invoking Godwin's Law, Hitler reduced unemployment to practically nothing, yet I wouldn't vote for him.

my concern is that just signs saying "Ron paul 08" get the name out but cause yawns . a person is not motivated to learn more . he needs a lot more press .
I don't wanna get into the political part of the topic since I am not from the US, but could you please stop using spaces before punctuation, it looks really irritating :)

I don't wanna get into the political part of the topic since I am not from the US, but could you please stop using spaces before punctuation, it looks really irritating :)

Haha . . . thanks for point ing that out . I didn ' 't realise he was doing

that.