Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
Compare the content of these two articles:

CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/10/12/britain.gore.ap/index.html
FOX: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,303525,00.html

Simply put, CNN covers how the judge ruled that while the content was essentially right, the movie featured alarmism and exaggeration, while FOX "News" did a completely different spin about how the judge ruled the whole film was totally false, there'd be nothing left after the judge threw out the incorrect parts of the film, etc.

Cracks me up that people still think of them as an actual news source.

EDIT: Apparently the FOX News piece is an opinion piece and I'm completely blind. D'oh.

Last edited:
CNN isn't necessarily making a great name for itself when it airs those ridiculous stories about "What age is too young for birth control?" and "OMGZ! IEDS are in uhmerica now!!1". But I agree with what Viper is saying here, FOX News is just comically stupid.

I agree, CNN isn't perfect either and I was tempted to use an AP story via ABCNews.com or whatnot, but still.

I get the impression that US TV news has not covered itself in glory in the last few years - what do you think? Any North Americans ever seen a BBC/ITV or CH4 news broadcast, how do they compare?

I get the impression that US TV news has not covered itself in glory in the last few years - what do you think? Any North Americans ever seen a BBC/ITV or CH4 news broadcast, how do they compare?

There are no truly subjective TV news programs, BBC included. I've seen a few broadcasts of it (they show it once a day here) and it is ok. Many of the articles on the website on the other hand are garbage.

Basically, TV news in the US has had to do some things to remain popular. They saw that there ratings were falling and decided to add more opinion pieces to draw people in.

In terms of the really laughable FOX stuff - for example, the 'Opinion of Bill O'Reilly' or whoever it was making a right cock of himself, laughing over the BBC and Dr Kelly / Andrew Gilligan thing - there is unlikely to be an equivelant, as opinion-led news reports are banned within the UK.

I remember reading this because I remember a couple months back, one of those 'Radical ideas' columns in the local paper suggested allowing opinion on news, since 'we are all adults nowadays'. Seeing the odd fox news report online I am glad it has not changed...

If you try and convince yourself that Fox News is in fact satire its very funny...

The Fox news story was posted under "opinion".....
Oh, it was? Well, then I reverse my example, but my generic opinion of them still stands.

I think it's sad that Firecat was the only person who noticed that...everybody else just follows the crowd :|

They're probably just as blind as I am.

If you try and convince yourself that Fox News is in fact satire its very funny...
Thats what I tell myself every time I watch Bill O'Reilly or Sean Hannity. And I laugh. Oh do I laugh :lmao:.

More proof that Fox News has the best programing to bring in viewers; here are people that watch it not for news, but just to say its wrong. That being said CNN is following the trend to this alarmist mentality. Its just a fad: the sky is not falling, the world is not dying, and even fox news will post articles from reputable papers.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,301067,00.html