User Reputation Feature

Status
Not open for further replies.
You look green to me. I think maybe you need to clear your history or something? Because mine was gray despite a few + reps, then it just changed to green without me getting any new points.

Yeah it seems to have changed now.

Nah, it's the little red blobs that people get all worked up over. :lol:

Ah, very true. Is there anyone that has red yet? All I've seen is gray and green.

Also, what happens now? Seems like the fair lot of us "reggalers" are green. Are there more green blocks added as the more + reps a person gets? And then negatives would negate the positives I'm guessing.

Ah, very true. Is there anyone that has red yet? All I've seen is gray and green.

Also, what happens now? Seems like the fair lot of us "reggalers" are green. Are there more green blocks added as the more + reps a person gets?

october has red, I think he's the only one so far.

We eventually get more green blocks, Jeffy has 2 already.

Reactions: TC
*sigh* You know what? Just let it ride. All this bickering will blow over and anyone who rep-whores or bitches about being negged for crappy posts will just get those posts neg-repp'd too. Eventually they will get the message.

All else aside, lip, you were trying to be a vigilante moderator.

I don't really care that much about how many little boxes I have next to my name, it's just a way to promote high quality posts.

Last edited:
*sigh* You know what? Just let it ride. All this bickering will blow over and anyone who rep-whores or bitches about being negged for crappy posts will just get those posts neg-repp'd too. Eventually they will get the message.
Yeah and if it doesn't work out, as you suggested earlier - we know who to blame :p

:whistle: I don't remember that.... *shifty eyes*:shifty:

So are you guys still wanting to see who gives you rep?

If so, I think I'll do a reputation wipe first to avoid any drama from people who thought they were giving it anonymously.

Yeah I'm all for enabling it to show usernames. As I explained before I think having them turned off makes the whole system moot, even if having them on increases the risk of retaliatory votes.

No way, keep the current reps and keep it anonymous. If people want to be known, they can put their username into the text field.

+1

Also, If people are still upset over a bit of anonymous rep that they think is undeserved, I'm sure they could get a mod to decide whether it was innapropiate or not.

For fuck's sake, it's one bloody point. It seems like a big deal when you only have two points but after a while it won't matter a damn.

I like the fact that it's anonymous, if I want someone to know that I modded them up or down I will put it in the comment section (that's why it's there). Right now we have the option to be anonymous or not; personally, I like that choice.

If the goal is to avoid drama from revenge modding or endless threads from childish people who want to confront anyone who neg'd them then showing the user names is a bad idea.

If I'm not mistaken, moderators can view any members reputation stats and see who gave what rep for whatever reason. I'm also pretty sure administrators could remove or alter the reputation points, if they see fit.

I say we keep it anonymous, but if a member has a genuine complaint or concern, they can request help from a moderator or administrator.

For fuck's sake, it's one bloody point. It seems like a big deal when you only have two points but after a while it won't matter a damn.

I like the fact that it's anonymous, if I want someone to know that I modded them up or down I will put it in the comment section (that's why it's there). Right now we have the option to be anonymous or not; personally, I like that choice.

If the goal is to avoid drama from revenge modding or endless threads from childish people who want to confront anyone who neg'd them then showing the user names is a bad idea.

I agree with Blind. Let's just keep it the way it is. At first, I thought it would be best to see everyone's username every time, but the more I think about it, the more I think it's fine in it's current state.

Yes, as an admin/mod, we can view ALL positive and negative reputation points and comments for every single member.

But no - none of us mods want to be chasing up members abusing the system and it should be known - any abuse of the system will result in eternal bannation.

Well probably not that harsh, but we'll see :p

I say go for the usernames because in this case, I feel greater accountability is required. Also, I don't think its fair mods can see usernames but the rest can't.

I'm still for making usernames public. If you keep them hidden, people will be all over the mods and admins, whining and moaning about their negative reps, asking who did it and so on. I think it'll cause more trouble if you can't see the usernames, compared to if you can. And I promise you it will happen that people will rep others down neither stating their name or a valid reason. For that very reason, I am for making the usernames visible.

Actually, I'm going to keep it how it is now. Some valid points and that's pretty much how I felt all along. Making it public would result in people giving a -1 back just because they were given a -1 by that person.

Status
Not open for further replies.