Lewis will never get a shot at the WDC again.

kekekeke

As long as he is in McLaren. I know it's a bit early to say, but he just gives off this vibe. This year is the closest he will get to the WDC. Looks like Kimi's curse has been transferred to him.

Anyone know how long his contract is? Hopefully he manages a tranfser to Ferrari sooner or later because they are the only team that reliably wins both the titles.

I expect Kimi to exceed Schumacher in the following years.

Interesting, the thought did cross my mind. He may be another Mansell, runner up so many times yet only wins one world title. I think he will win a title though. He is unbelievably fast and McLaren always build fast cars. Some are just less reliable than others.

I'm in the frame of mind that he is certainly good enough and with the right car to win the WDC, however, I think his cockiness will hinder him. I think it'll take quite some time for him to win it, let him settle down.

Oh HondaF1's going to just love this thread...

Lewis will get another shot at the title - of course if it doesn't happen next year we'll get the predictable cries of "Hah, told you he was nothing special" from who feel the need...

So yes, he'll have many more chances yet - and he'll get it one day. His talent can't be denied, no matter how low he may wear his hat in press conferences.

Do I dare even comment... :evil:

I think Hamilton will have another shot - in a McLaren. Sure Ferrari will be strong, certainly next season, but McLaren will also be up there as one of the only two teams who are consistent and capable of challenging for the title year after year.

McLaren will be his best chance.

Juan-Pablo Montoya anyone? All the talent in the world, but with a completly wrong attitude...

Oh HondaF1's going to just love this thread...

Lewis will get another shot at the title - of course if it doesn't happen next year we'll get the predictable cries of "Hah, told you he was nothing special" from who feel the need...

So yes, he'll have many more chances yet - and he'll get it one day. His talent can't be denied, no matter how low he may wear his hat in press conferences.

What he said...

There's no denying that Lewis is one of the most talented newcomers the sport has seen since Kimi and Fernando came to the sport in early 2000's. This was his first year and he almost took the world title, which he ultimately lost due to rookie mistake in China. That's only natural, as he still only has 17 races under his belt. And he has plenty of time to develop.

I dont think Lewis will ever have another chance like this again. He had an equal car to the two time world champion and an even better car than Kimi, yet he scored 2 points in the last two races and Kimi got 20, Alonso got 14.

Now, if Alonso goes to Renault, with the whole tem supporting him. Kimi and Massa on fire at Ferrari, the BMW's gaining speed, Williams and Red Bull making the step up and potentially Honda getting back into form, he's lost what could be his best opportunity at winning the title.

The British drivers curse strikes again.

For McLaren to build the team around Lewis is very risky. Yes he won races, yes he lead the world championship in his rookie year, but he doesnt look like the man to lead a team. He makes silly mistakes, eg. racing Alonso in Fuji when Kimi was the threat or making small setup mistakes after Alonso blocked his data from him.

He looks to me like he will be a Riccardo Patrese. Have a long career, win a few races, score a few points, but will always be just that little bit behind the main guys.

And I for one wouldnt mind if he didnt win a championship. He doesnt deserve it in my eyes.

Juan-Pablo Montoya anyone? All the talent in the world, but with a completly wrong attitude...

Interesting comparison - but I don't think it applies. Lewis is so much more willing to apply himself - if only JPM had been likewise.

And I for one wouldnt mind if he didnt win a championship. He doesnt deserve it in my eyes.

Well, yeah, I mean he only beat his two-time and defending world champ team-mate in identical equipment...

Interesting comparison - but I don't think it applies. Lewis is so much more willing to apply himself - if only JPM had been likewise.

Probably True.. I'll think Hamilton will be a WDC someday..

Well, yeah, I mean he only beat his two-time and defending world champ team-mate in identical equipment...

Well he didnt. He equalled his team mate who was having massive conflict with the team.

^ By my count Lewis beat Alonso on countback (both on four wins, Lewis with an extra second place). As for the conflict - that was entirely caused by 'nando being a complete cry-baby and not being able to cope with Lewis beating him.

^ By my count Lewis beat Alonso on countback (both on four wins, Lewis with an extra second place). As for the conflict - that was entirely caused by 'nando being a complete cry-baby and not being able to cope with Lewis beating him.

Well what would you do if you were a twice world champion, signing to McLaren with the expectation that they would put a rookie in next to you, and help you go for 3 straight and the go back on what was expected at the time of signing the contract?

Hamilton will need to be very strong psychologically, or else this "failure" after been so close and many people raving about him as the greatest rookie ever will haunt him, and I think this can be harder than car problems or competition with other teams.
Not exactly on-topic, but I really wish Massa to be next year's champion... :)

For McLaren to build the team around Lewis is very risky. Yes he won races, yes he lead the world championship in his rookie year, but he doesnt look like the man to lead a team. He makes silly mistakes, eg. racing Alonso in Fuji when Kimi was the threat or making small setup mistakes after Alonso blocked his data from him.

This is one of the things I don't get about people not liking Hamilton. The fact that he actually RACES and not cruises to collect points. Sure it's silly, but not something you'd hate someone for.

As for Alonso blocking the data, we've all seen how fast he's caught up to speed. Outqualified him in the last 3 races.

But yeah, I doubt McLaren will be able to give him a championship winning car (however controversial) in the coming years. He should do a kimi and move to Ferrari.

Hamilton will need to be very strong psychologically, or else this "failure" after been so close and many people raving about him as the greatest rookie ever will haunt him, and I think this can be harder than car problems or competition with other teams.
Not exactly on-topic, but I really wish Massa to be next year's champion... :)

Failure? He won races in his first F1 season, came within an ace of winning the championship and saw off his twice world champion team-mate. I think when he looks back on 2007, he will be delighted with what he has achieved. Yes, he'll be a bit bitter (he wouldn't be human if he wasnt) but it won't psychologically ruin him.

HOw about H?kkinen?? He stuck with Mclaren even though they weren't able to provide him with a competitive car... Paid of in the end.

But I think he would have won more (or retired sooner) in a better car.

Well, Seems Tag Heuer have already got their new advertising campaign underway....

tagheurelewishamilton.jpg

:lol: I am having soooo much fun making these!!