Guess That Car game - By Clues Only

Methinks the designer is Giuogiaro. The Obvious choice is the VW Golf. But there are a lot more than three cars based on that... Maserati 4200 coupe? Alfa Romeo 159?

Giuogiaro is right, but I realized this clue can work for a few cars.

3. The country this car is from generally only has 2 manufacturers associated with is (although there are others)

Ah-ha! Hyundai Sonata!(?)

Not Daweoo or Hyundai

Saab 9000 it is... your turn

1. This car shares its name with the numerical designation of a World War II attack bomber.
2. When it received an updated engine, its cylinder count doubled, and its displacement almost did as well.

Last edited:
Mustang?? They had 4 cylinders at one point, then jumped to 8 again?

The car's name is the airplane's number; I clarified it in the original clue. Sorry 'bout the confusion.

No my fault for being an idiot. Trying to think of vehicles that have doubled their cylinder count as an update. M3 is one....however it took a few updates. Sure there are plenty more.

Say again? I don't think Saab ever made a car, aside from a concept that wouldn't count, or plane, with that name. I just checked the Saab airplane and car lineups on Wiki, and none of the names and numbers match up, so it's not a Saab, nor was it one originally :p.

Say again? I don't think Saab ever made a car, aside from a concept that wouldn't count, or plane, with that name. I just checked the Saab airplane and car lineups on Wiki, and none of the names and numbers match up, so it's not a Saab, nor was it one originally :p.

I meant all old saab models, like 93 or 96 :lol:

I meant all old saab models, like 93 or 96 :lol:

Clever man! And alas, Saab was one step cleverer (for the purposes of this game); they started numbering their cars at 92, and stopped numbering their airplanes at 91. And just to make things worse, they did go from two- to four-cylinder cars, but used a 3-cyl in between.

Douglas DB-7 Havoc?

Correct!

I assume the DB7 originally came with a 6 cylinder then?? Thats crazy, I thought it was always V12.

yeah...before the vantage, it came with a supercharged six

Holy crap!! I've been watching this thread since page 1, and I never EVER thought I'd get one!

Well...and I have to admit, that I'm embarassingly ill-prepared, and don't have an idea for the next one.

Someone else feel free to post one. If I come up with one before someone else does, I'll post it, but if someone has one ready to go, feel free to use it.