The American Special is airing tomorrow on BBC America!

Polish

Car(s)
300ZX Twin Turbo
I cannot wait! :mrgreen: The American Special is by far my favorite episode of Top Gear and I'll finally be able to watch it on a proper tely. 8pm PST on BBC America. 8) They better not have edited anything out :mad:

I cannot wait! :mrgreen: The American Special is by far my favorite episode of Top Gear and I'll finally be able to watch it on a proper tely. 8pm PST on BBC America. 8) They better not have edited anything out :mad:

I cant tell you right now... they did. I enjoy catching those repeats on BBC America just because it's more convenient than connecting my laptop to the TV. But because they have to air commercials during the show a lot of parts will be removed. They take out the News bit almost all the time - but for some reason leave the SIARPC segment? Also they will cut other parts down. If you want to watch it for convenience, yeah put it on. But it won't be as good as the whole, proper episode.

Polish please listen to me

Polish please listen to me

When you watch Top Gear on the live BBC AMerica channel they do EDIT.

BUT

IF you go to your OnDemand menu, them go to TV shows, select BBC America,s select the episode you want you will find that the OnDemand Top GEar is NOT edited as much. Meaning a full eipsode of TOp gear is 58 minutes. The Ondemand is 55 mintues. The one you watch on TV "live: is 42 mintues.

I'd be very interested as to how much goes unedited. Do keep us posted :)

I'll watch and tell you guys how much it was edited

I doubt NASCAR fans will be watching. Too busy watching Jeff Foxworthy shows and picking at scabs to switch to BBC America. Or as then refer to it... "that there channel with them gay accents."

I doubt they'll be any. The people you would think would be offended probably won't be regular BBC America viewers, and its not like its advertised at all on any other channels (not that I've seen anyway).
On the contrary, I?d say. There will be great relief for all those who practice the forbidden sweet, sweet vegetable-Love, that their desire and their lovechilds finally made it on the Screen for everyone to know about ... :mrgreen:

They don't show them all, just the SIARPC where the S has some celebrity status in the U.S. as well.

True-ish. Last week they had the episode on with Hugh Grant. That's understandable because he's been in a lot of movies that have aired here. But the episode after that was the one with the sweaty-pink shirted Steve Coogan. I don't think he's huge in the US, or is he?

True-ish. Last week they had the episode on with Hugh Grant. That's understandable because he's been in a lot of movies that have aired here. But the episode after that was the one with the sweaty-pink shirted Steve Coogan. I don't think he's huge in the US, or is he?

I'd say he's at least recognizable to the type of crowd that would be watching BBC America.

I just can't wait for the backlash.

I don't think they'll be any. Its the same all over the World really, If I put "Cornwall is crap" or "Cornwall is full of inbreds" I doubt I'd make it out alive.

BTW: Cornwall is a rural part of the UK, Think Hot Fuzz and its pretty much like that. And yes everyone and there mum is "packing heat" here too.

Yeah he's kinda big. Courtney Love blamed Coogan for Owen Wilson's attempted suicide I saw one night on TV. :roflmao:

I'm watching the episode on DVR right now...and I keep pushing the replay button. Clarkson is such a nance! Haha, watch him wave his hands when he picks up the turtle.

I've seen the episode before on my laptop but it's nice to see it on a bigscreen. The jokes and footage of American stereotypes are hilarious.

Overall I'm left wondering: Are all British men this feminine?

I'm still not used to the higher frame rate or the crappy music....but at least it gives people who suck at the internet a chance to watch some top gear.

And yes, we all know who steve coogan is. The movie I can think of off the top of my head is the new Around the world in 80 Days.

He's like Ricky Gervais or any other British comedy star other than Mr. Bean: nobody but diehard Anglophiles like you and me will name-drop him. Which is a shame, because I'm a fan of both.

Incidentally, they sometimes make cameos in huge Hollywood movies. Both Coogan and Gervais were in A Night at the Museum, and will henceforth be referred to by average moviegoers as "that annoying British guy".

P.S. What's a sweaty-pink? :p