Woman wins $4.5 million from Porsche and others for death of husband

If I ever get married and I end up getting killed in an incident like this and my wife turns it into big ordeal suing the pants off everyone and turning my death into a media circus, remind me to come back and haunt the bitch.

First you need to secure a virgin for the sacrifice to get your spirit back.

Only in america...

Nope you're wrong.

2. No1 else crashed. It's not even an argument. So if builders put some bricks on the roof, because they needed space for smth. else, every1 was fine, until 1 brick fell on smbd's head. Who's to blame? Worker -> Supervisor -> Construction company. It doesn't matter if a sick bird fell on the brick, or there was suddenly some wind, so the total energy was enough for it to fall. Smth was done improperly of ppl were not aware of the possibly dangerous changes, even if the track owner/worker doesn't consider them dangerous.

I'd hate to be "that guy" but could you please just put the tiny bit of extra effort in spelling those words out? I gave up reading your post because I kept getting distracted trying to translate it.

Last edited:
What a shame, when I first heard she was suing Porsche a few years ago, I was furious. It was not Porsche's or the Carrera GTs fault. He choose to risk his life at the track day, and he unfortunately lost, it's that simple. What a dark day.

that's pretty ridiculous and another one of those "only in america" stories...
I thought that Carrera GT had an ESP, but it has only ABS and ASR...

from Porsche website:
For added security under braking and acceleration, the Carrera GT is equipped with a combined anti-lock braking and traction control system (ABS/ASR 5.7), including engine drag torque control, offering optimum assistance in varying weather conditions. The traction control or 'anti-slip regulation' system (ASR) provides direct coordination of all four wheels to smooth out any variances in traction. This selective regulation of each individual wheel enables the car to maximise the available grip and achieve balanced acceleration and braking. For added driver involvement, the traction control system can be manually disabled at the wheel.

Just went over this and couldn't believe how bullshit the proceedings were.

If anything, she should sue her dead husband for not knowing how to drive his car.

It is not Porsche's fault, that the owner willingly bought a car without ASM.

It is not the owner's fault, that his buddy willingly got into a car with no ASM.

It is not the Ferrari driver's fault for coming out of the pitlane, regardless of how it was designed, and at what speed, we don't know if there was something wrong with his car, if he was being over cautious, or if they had been given a set of orders and rules to follow when entering and exiting the pitlane on that particular track day.

The only thing where I can kinda agree with her is the barrier being moved to accommodate the children's playground in such a way as to perpendicularly block the trajectory of an oncoming car, at speed.

That said, chances of survival in a 130 MPH accident, in ANY car, are very low, maybe she should god (if she believes in him) for making human beings so fragile.