I'm coming to australia!

No awful would be lving in Canberra.

Welcome to Australia btw osabros. Enjoy your stay

What about Perth?

Anyway, the best three major cities in Australia are Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney everything else is crap IMHO.

Please don't flame me.

finally, after months of anticipation, next week i'm arriving in sydney 8). i'll be arriving next friday noon, and i'll be spending anywhere between 2-4 months in sydney with my uncles who lives in bondi.
i've been trying to figure out how i'm going to spend all this time, and i've got a bunch of ideas. i've been told i should check out byron bay, and i also found this thing called http://www.v8race.com/ which i'll probably go to if they'll allow me to use my int'l license. i've also heard that there'll be an MPH show in february, and i'm also planning to go visit Melbourne in january.
there's also some things that i didn't realize until now, for instance that school vacation is in december apparently, and i've heard there's some ozone hole above sydney so i must wear sunglasses and a hat all the time. WTF?
and if any of you guys have any other ideas about stuff i should do\places i should check out\things i need to know about sydney please let me know!

regards,
osabros

you will be living on the doorstep of one of the most famous beaches in australia, i am so jealous of you :lol: and in summer too! and i've lived here all my life (under a rock) and never heard of an ozone hole? but it's important to still protect your skin because there's a high rate of skin cancer here. as for things to do (while you're not at the beach) erm, climb the harbour bridge?

you will be living on the doorstep of one of the most famous beaches in australia, i am so jealous of you :lol: and in summer too! and i've lived here all my life (under a rock) and never heard of an ozone hole? but it's important to still protect your skin because there's a high rate of skin cancer here. as for things to do (while you're not at the beach) erm, climb the harbour bridge?

famous but not the best, wollongong has much better beachs imo (certainatly less crowded) kiami beach in perticular is quite nice. (for those who don't know wollongong is about 1:30 by train out of sydney (give or take))

Most beaches in Melbourne are pretty shitty (St Kilda is hugely over-rated)

^ At least you guys get a beach, the only beach we have over here is that artificial one at southbank

Thats why we have the Gold and Sunshine coasts. The best beaches in Aus IMO

And Perths not that bad

Adelaide has some decent beaches. Semaphore is ok, and travelling out of the city a bit you get Victor Harbour and Port Elliot. I know HondaF1 is a particular fan of Maslins...8)

Biggest problem with Sydney's beaches is the crowds in the middle of summer. On a hot weekend you can hardly find a spare spot of sand for your towel. Central Coast beaches are just as good and far less crowded 9well, they were the last time I was there). Avoca and Copacabana are great.

Where as in Tassie we have an entire east coast that is virtually deserted. Tassie for the win :)

Where as in Tassie we have an entire east coast that is virtually deserted. Tassie for the win :)

Its deserted cos

a) Its too cold
b) Its too cold
c) Everyone there has two heads and wont venture outside cos its too cold
and
d) Its Tasmania.

But hey, at least it aint Queensland :lol:

Here we have a typical Tasmanian beach.

thehazards.jpg

And here we have a typical mainland Australianbeach

bondi1450X345.gif

Where would you rather go? Surfs up kids!

thanks guys :D
and may i ask what's with all the Australian bashing? is there really that much difference between sydney\melbourne?

Last edited:
You guys all suck - I :heart: Australia.

Except for Canberra....who likes Canberra :blink::p:blink:

and may i ask what's with all the Australian bashing? is there really that much difference between sydney\melbourne?

Yes, Melbourne is great. Sydney is not. End of.

(It's meaningless, it's just what we do - we know we're lucky enough to all live in the best country on mothership-Earth).

Yes, Melbourne is great. Sydney is not. End of.

(It's meaningless, it's just what we do - we know we're lucky enough to all live in the best country on mothership-Earth).

Hells yeah, at least we don't live in New Zealand.