[10x03] October 28th, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing the video leaks and these pics... Jeremy will need a crowbar to get out after farting about all day in a Peel p50.

And I do mean fart about because I betcha that's how it'll feel like. :D

I would love to see Jeremy trying out the Lexus's new auto-parking feature in the real world and then shouting at it for not doing it properly. That should be fun

TG should really be testing NEW cars. 599 and the Lexus has already been reviewed by everyone and their grandmother. FG just reviewed the 430 Scuderia last week.

I'm very excited: the 28th is my birthday. What a fantastic present. I will savour it immensly.

@kekekeke: Top Gear usually finishes filming a lot earlier in the year, so they can't stay completely up-to-date with the absolute newest cars.

Massive spoilers ahead. New behind the scenes photos. Sorry if its a repost

main.jpg

Never has the studio been filled with so much expensive metal - this week we counted over ?3m-worth of cars. And James is first to drive one: the Rolls Royce Drophead.
main.jpg

Next up the news - plenty of spoilers here if we go into too much detail, but we'll tell you this much: in the pic above, James is talking about a tampon...
main.jpg

It's the Lamborghini Reventon - the car Top Gear grabbed the exclusive first drive of. Stig drives it for Sunday night, while Jeremy and James pour over its exquisite detail.
main.jpg

From macho Lambo passion and aggression to Ferrari's science and maths masterpiece - the 599. Jeremy power tests it on the Top Gear track. But does he rate it?
main.jpg

The Rolling Stones nearly-as-famous-as-the-other-two guitarist, Ronnie Wood, gets to drive the wheels off our reasonably priced car. He doesn't get to smoke in the studio though.
main.jpg

Jeremy spends a day in what could be the world's smallest-ever car. The question is - can he get back out again?
main.jpg

You might have heard about this one on the news - Richard races a Veyron against a Eurofighter. But, trust us, you don't have any idea yet just how awesome this film is...

Link:http://www.topgear.com/content/timetoburn/sections/galleries/other/tg-telly-episode3-series10//01/

And a new Episode archive thingy at http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/show/episodes/series10episode3.shtml
On drivin'-too-fast Top Gear, Richard lost his Bugatti cherry as he took on the most advanced fighter jet on the planet, Jeremy turned the corridors of BBC Television Centre into a test track, the latest cars from Ferrari and Rolls-Royce were given a thorough shakedown, and Ronnie Wood became a Rolling Stone in a reasonably priced car.

When we last raced a plane against the Bugatti Veyron, it was a creaky little Cessna piloted by James May. The plane lost - badly. This time we decided to up the stakes considerably by borrowing a ?65m Eurofighter Typhoon from the RAF. And because we thought James might not be up to the task, we borrowed one of their steely-eyed pilots too.

The contest took the form of a simple two-mile drag race with a single start/finish line. The only difference being that the jet had to take off, climb to an altitude of one mile and perform an elegant nosedive back to earth before crossing the line. Despite the Bugatti's cartoon-ish acceleration and massive top speed, the Eurofighter won by a nose.

Jeremy found the future of personal mobility in the form of the Peel P50 microcar from, er, 1963. When most of us travel to the Top Gear office we have to park our cars in the basement or (heaven forfend) use some sort of public transport. Not Clarkson. No, Jeremy just drove the tiny Peel through the front doors, into the lift and straight up to the office.

Also in the show, James hoisted himself into the stately new Phantom Drophead Coupe, a ?307,000 convertible from Rolls-Royce. James reckoned it might just be the coolest car in world.

In one of the most highly anticipated tests of the series, Jeremy drove the new Ferrari 599 GTB. It has the looks and - courtesy of a mildly detuned version of the engine from the Enzo - the speed and soundtrack of a true Ferrari. It's also loaded with more bleeding-edge computer-aided gadgetry than a Japanese 12-year-old's bedroom, which is very impressive. But Jeremy reckoned it lacked just one thing - a soul.

Our star in a reasonably priced car was veteran rock legend Ronnie Wood of the Rolling Stones.

First shown on: 28/10/2007
They put the text up too early again hahaha.

Enjoy!!!

I already know this will be my favourite episode ever! LAMBORGHINI REVENTON DRIVEN BY THE STIG! I so want it ot be the fastest car around the track (unllikely...)

Wow. This episode is going to be amazing. Also can't wait to see if Hammond will actually speak of the helmet, and then him wearing it.

While looking at those shoots I was wondering where the Poppies are. Isn't it time to where them?

WTF ?

DST is on is it ?
I dont wanna see no clash of worlds ! TG ! Damn it !

EDIT: It seems like DST is really pushing the time back by 1 hour...

BBC Ceefax says Hammond races mobilhomes?

Thats later on in the series. Don't ever trust Ceefax. Its old, and rubbish. Always was and still is.

Wow, this episode sounds like it is absolutely JAM PACKED of stuff. Looks like Top Gear didn't get to review the Revonton, but it still gets to make a shot for the Power Lap board. Maybe a Lambo driver in the Stig's suit? :p

Found a live stream to watch it, luckely the time on the site is an hour off :) I'm in Brazil at the moment and just want to watch it !

Status
Not open for further replies.