S6 2007/10/27 FE Black R [2x10]

pdanev

Forum Addict
Quite a good weekend, except throwing away the victory in 1st race when my phone rang last corner. :mad:

That way I would've got 21 vs 18points for ff, now its 20 vs 19. 2points.... grrr

Anyway, 1st race was nice, Q didn't go well but good for 2nd place. 5 laps very close after FF, I was hoping to pressure him into a big mistake to flip/crash or something like that so he wouldn't end up on podium but he hold out well. :p

When he did his pit and I got clear way, posted a few very fast laps which meant I came out infront of him after my pitstop. Then of course my phone rang last corner and I ran very wide onto the grass and he passed me, even though several seconds behind... :(

2nd race was nice for me, but pretty much a disaster for everyone else it seems. MXM spun 1st corner 1st lap, Mischief end of 1st sector flip, I don't know where ESPN lost it, but I did see him crash once into the wall when he was trying to avoid flipping. Had some small battles with FF, but then he disappeared somewhere too. I was posting nice lap times, new pb, even in last lap I was going for a new pb but lost it a bit in the fast section after the straight on the beginning of sector 3. I made a small mistake lap 7-8 something like that when I got sideways, lost 7-8seconds there and cooked my tires, next lap was slow cooling them down. Other though seem to have lost much more, FF came in 2nd 47s behind.

Overall a perfect weekend for me, no mistakes at all, 1-2 relatively small ones, too bad I threw away victory in the 1st race.

I tried LFS again just two days before this race and made the decision to join this race just today. So I din't have much practice at all for this combo, which made me terribly slow. In the end I was quite happy with my pace considering everything.

Q didn't go too well, my first two laps ended in the Green chicane and I was doing a pretty good last lap, but I spun in the last corner.

1st race I was having a quite close race with MXM, when I noticed that he started to make some distance I pitted. After his pit I was in front. ESPN kept bothering me for a while there, slowing me down a bit. He soon spun out though. After that MXM was not that far behind, so I tried to finish the race and keep a reasonable pace. Then suddenly my screen faded to black because Vista thought I wasn't using my computer which ended my race.

I switched the power saving thingie off for the second race. The race started by everyone passing me. Due to others crashing I was 2nd at the midway point. ESPN had too much trouble with himself, but FF catched up and got passt when I was sliding all over the place. Seemed like he had some problems too so I got pretty close on penultimate lap, but then I hit grass on the last corner and spun out.

Last edited:
I had a perfect practice yesterday, without rolling or crashes and doing 2:43 to 2:45 lap times.
I should have know that would spell doom for me today.

1st race I had a nice battle at the beginning, and everything was going well until I dropped a wheel off and ended up stuck in the sand.

2nd race also started promising, but I had to crash in the wall to avoid rolling in one of the chicanes.
Then a few laps later I did roll somewhere.

Stats and points:
http://download.yousendit.com/73AE17E91B0B63FD

After some flips in the beginning of the qualy i've set a very good laptime. I knew pdanev could set a new fast lap, so I thought lets do another quick one just before the end. Pole :)
Race 1 was quite fun tbh. Some parts pete was faster and some parts of the track i was faster. I pitted halfway orso, i forgot to check the pitstop settings, and even refuelled :S anyway Tried to close the gap again. and then in the last lap, last corner pete ran wide. :|
2nd race. After a spun of mxm, fought back to the rest of the group, others flipped, and crashed. Then in 1 corner ran wide, and crashed, suspension broken. Made it to the pits, lost 2 places. Could overtake Epsn and geeman. At the end had some concentration problems... 2nd place.

I need Race 2 replay!!

All of the other replays work fine except for the FE Black R replays. :(

I tried again and I get a 404 error...weird.

Can you email just the Race 2 replay of Fern Bay Black please?
Monday, October 29, 2007 6:55 PM 2760377 S6-R7-R2.mpr

Thanks burnsy. That did it. I might finish it tonight then :p.

technically, thank you for finding that bug with my server. ff was already trying to break php and mysql, and it held nicely :).