Going to see Top Gear

becs

Car(s)
Mitsubishi FTO GPX
Hi everyone, i'm a newbie! :)

After 4 years of being on the waiting list :shock2:i finally managed to get tickets yesterday :thumbsup:

I saw my friend on Sat and she said she had been to see TG and had only been on the list for 1.5 years so i rang applause store in anger and they said they had 2 for me :mrgreen:

I was just wondering what time i should get there to make sure i get in? I understand it's not guaranteed entry which is annoying as i'll be taking the whole day off work so i neeeeeed to get in!

I'm so excited, can't wait to see what cars they have on the show and also to meet Hamster :richard:

After 4 years of being on the waiting list :shock2:i finally managed to get tickets yesterday :thumbsup:

Sounds about right. :lol:

Applause Store are notorious for making up their own rules as they go along. The 'waiting list' is not run down in chronological (or any logical) order, and phoning to complain seems the only way to remind them you are still (patiently) waiting, and getting tickets.

You need to get to the airfield about 12.30, but be prepared for a wait. The audience aren't taken to the hangar until about 3pm.

If you are at the front of the queue going down to the hangar, you stand a better chance of being at the front of the stage, where you will have the best view of the guys.

Have a wonderful day!

Applause Store are notorious for making up their own rules as they go along. The 'waiting list' is not run down in chronological (or any logical) order, and phoning to complain seems the only way to remind them you are still (patiently) waiting, and getting tickets.

You need to get to the airfield about 12.30, but be prepared for a wait. The audience aren't taken to the hangar until about 3pm.

If you are at the front of the queue going down to the hangar, you stand a better chance of being at the front of the stage, where you will have the best view of the guys.

Have a wonderful day!

Thanks for your reply!

I don't mind how long i wait for - i just want to get in! :D

Yeah Applause Store were quite quick on the case when i rang to moan at how long i'd been waiting for tickets! I was surprised to get tickets for so soon. I can't wait - fingers crossed we get in! :)

I hope to have pics with the Hamster and to get some things signed but don't know what to take!

Best things to take are book dust jackets or DVD covers, as they don't take up a lot of room in bags or pockets.
Cameras are allowed, as long as you don't try to take photos while they are filming.

Which date are you going?

You're making me jealous :glare: :p

Try to bring an Asian Ladyboy with you; then you'll get right in. Upon a special request from Jeremy. If you want to talk to Hammond, which I assume you do:wink: Better bring some hair care products, teeth whitener, and designer shirts. James is the easiest. If you actually buy one of his books, he is contractually obligated to fellate you. Might as well claim it, while you're both there.

Last edited:
Try to bring an Asian Ladyboy with you; then you'll get right in. Upon a special request from Jeremy. If you want to talk to Hammond, which I assume you do:wink: Better bring some hair care products, teeth whitener, and designer shirts. James is the easiest. If you actually buy one of his books, he is contractually obligated to fellate you. Might as well claim it, while you're both there.

:lol:I think i'll just take Hammond's book with me to get signed - not sure what i can get James or Jeremy to sign though - maybe there's a pic of all three of them in Hammond's book?!

Jezabelle - i'm going on the 14th November :) I have a feeling that Lewis Hamilton might be the guest on that one as Jeremy said last night at the NTA that he's on the show in a couple of weeks! 8):D

... I would bring a Tin of Spam for James to sign ... and a nice Hammer to get Jeremys Autograph on it ...

spam4.jpg

hammer.jpg

Hammer & Spam for the win ... maybe get Jeremy to use the Hammer on the Spam after James signed it ... sweet ... :)

:lol::lol::lol:

I'll bear those in mind if i can't think of anything else ;):lol:

Take a set of seats from a Vauxhall Senator. They'll definately let you in then.

x2 :p.

Better yet, bring them a Bugatti Veyron to thump around the track and they'll not only let you in but possibly give you a lifetime pass to TG :p

I've been on the waitlist for nearly 4 years now as well, think it might be about time for a phonecall. I first flaming well applied when I was still living at home with the parents for goodness sake!

You don't need to be there that early, as you will be only standing around forever. It's a long way from the assembly at the car park to the hangar, so you can always walk faster than other people do. Entry is not guaranteed, because if you are later than 3 and they close the hangar doors, you've obviously lost. But they normally try and give out only as much tickets as they are able of letting peole in legally, as naturally no one wants people to be left standing outside having come all the way down to a field in Surrey. Try and talk to James, as he actually takes his time and is a very nice man indeed.

Buy a white helmet and a racing suit, you'll be able to squeeze right in.

You don't need to be there that early, as you will be only standing around forever. It's a long way from the assembly at the car park to the hangar, so you can always walk faster than other people do. Entry is not guaranteed, because if you are later than 3 and they close the hangar doors, you've obviously lost. But they normally try and give out only as much tickets as they are able of letting peole in legally, as naturally no one wants people to be left standing outside having come all the way down to a field in Surrey. Try and talk to James, as he actually takes his time and is a very nice man indeed.

Thanks for the advice. Still not sure what time we're planning on going but it will definately be before 3! I have a bad knee so i hope people don't run past me once we start going to the hangar?! :shock2: There isn't a mad dash is there? :(

Chrissi - yes i definately think it's time for a phone call. Let us know how you got on! :)

Take a set of seats from a Vauxhall Senator. They'll definately let you in then.
Actually, from what Hammond's said about preferring the comfy new chairs, I think he'd be more likely to usher you quickly out of the place before Jezza sees you, and then lock the doors. :p

Went to this yesterday and it was worth the 4 year wait! :D

I really enjoyed watching it being filmed and the guys are so funny and try to keep you entertained between segments :)

There was a short tea break in the middle and i managed to get a pic with the Hamster :mrgreen:He was lovely and really polite to everyone waiting. You weren't allowed to take bags in so had to leave everything in the car but some people did and they got things signed. I wish i'd have taken my bag now but they said they strictly weren't allowed! :mad:

Anyway all in all it was a good day although there was lots of waiting around. It's a good show on Sunday and i can't wait to watch it and see what they edit out :)