I need another racing series to follow...

Top Geek

Forum Addict
Car(s)
1995 Nissan 240SX
With the F1 in its off-season and A1GP races being far and few between, I'm having motorsports withdrawal :(

What else is out there that I might like?

I like:
  • Open wheel single seaters
  • A series that actually means something, as in: a reason to cheer for a particular driver or team (F1 is the pinnacle of motorsport -- as good a reason as any to watch -- and A1GP, pitting nation against nation, naturally gives me a home team to root for)
  • Good action (yeah, OK, F1 isn't great in this respect, but Cars minus TC plus slicks should make things better)

Maybe GP2? That is the existing feeder series for F1, right? But then, I'm looking for something during F1's off-season.

Oh, and I won't watch the Champ Car clown series or open wheel NASCAR (Indy). I tried following those for a year and just couldn't get into it.

This year I thought the American LeMans series provided the best racing out of everything that I could see on TV, but sadly that is done with for the year as well.

As you can see on http://tvracer.com/ , it's slim pickings at this time of year. :(
Aside from A1GP, Speed might show DTM and V8 Supercars from earlier this year, but usually it's grossly edited and it's just not the same when its not close to being live.

This time a year, I look forward to the Race of Champions broadcast (last year shown on HDNet I think), and Dakar (on Versus).

I would like to get into A1GP, but i can't seem to find it broadcasted in England.
PM me to ... *ahem* ... acquire race broadcasts.

Aside from A1GP, Speed might show DTM and V8 Supercars from earlier this year, but usually it's grossly edited and it's just not the same when its not close to being live.
SpeedTV blows. I can ... acquire just about any racing series broadcasts, so you don't need to use local channels to narrow down my options.

SpeedTV blows. I can ... acquire just about any racing series broadcasts, so you don't need to use local channels to narrow down my options.
Agreed, unfortunately, my ISP and bandwidth are mucho sucko, so downloading races is just too slow for me.
The only thing that I do grab is WRC.

Well... Apart from A1GP there's very little in terms of open-wheel racing. All major series have finished their seasons save for CCWS who will have their final race in November 11th. Fortunately the new GP2 Asia series will kick off in January so the off season is shorter than normally.

And if you're willing to 'broaden your horizons' there's the annual season finale for WTCC and F3's in Macau, the two remaining WRC events (+ the season starts earlier than most motorsports) and the Paris-Dakar rally which starts just after new year.

PM me to ... *ahem* ... acquire race broadcasts.

Do you, perchance, belong to a certain site that caters to what you want, motorsports wise?

^ Do you refer to a vicious, water-dwelling being, a group of which can quickly devour a bovine?

Do you know what RU stands for?

There's really only one site that covers ALL racing series that I know of.

With the F1 in its off-season and A1GP races being far and few between, I'm having motorsports withdrawal :(

What else is out there that I might like?

I like:
  • Open wheel single seaters
  • A series that actually means something, as in: a reason to cheer for a particular driver or team (F1 is the pinnacle of motorsport -- as good a reason as any to watch -- and A1GP, pitting nation against nation, naturally gives me a home team to root for)
  • Good action (yeah, OK, F1 isn't great in this respect, but Cars minus TC plus slicks should make things better)

Maybe GP2? That is the existing feeder series for F1, right? But then, I'm looking for something during F1's off-season.

Oh, and I won't watch the Champ Car clown series or open wheel NASCAR (Indy). I tried following those for a year and just couldn't get into it.

BTCC, i know this year's championship has already finished, but its worth the wait for 2008.

Also WRC, more exciting than F1, with none of the bullshit motorsport politics involved. As for single seaters, GP2 and A1GP are your best bet. Both are pretty interesting to watch.

A racing series that I really love, but don't know where to watch, is JGTC. The Japanese touring car series is seriously just about the most edge of the seat (closed wheel) racing that I have ever seen (very little of, to be fair).

I would love to be able to follow that series, regardless of what language I get commentary in.

I used to watch DTM on this one site, but that site doesn't show it anymore, so I can't follow that either.

I've resorted to try and follow the Toronto Raptors in basketball this season, I hope i grow to enjoy the sport as much as I do F1, and WRC.

Yes, I agree, this is the time of year when there's nothing good on but Top Gear.

To bad you can't get a good F1 game for the PC :(

I would like to get into A1GP, but i can't seem to find it broadcasted in England.

It's on Skysports live. Channel 5 broadcasts reruns late sometimes, but the major coverage is Sky.

you can download them from racing-underground.c0m

It's on Skysports live. Channel 5 broadcasts reruns late sometimes, but the major coverage is Sky.

It was on 5 at stupid 0'clock last night (after the hockey at about 3:00 am)