Gran Turismo 5

Nah........ 1 month 1 car and the whole team :p Probably more like 1 car+1 month per 2-3 people.

GT is the only racing game where I can properly "feel" the car's weight.
I don't know how they managed to pull it off, since it's just a bunch of weightless virtual polygons, but I like it, because it reminds me of handling a real car.

I tried the more realistic sims on PC, but they still don't do it properly when it comes to that specific "feel".

I hope Gran Turismo in the future becomes more realistic with a proper damage model ( not that cartoonish car-violence of Forza ), and some other goodies seen in GTR2 and rFactor... but the physics feel just fine, even with GT4 and GTHD,
I haven't played GT5prologue, but I bet it feels even more realistic.

GT is the only racing game where I can properly "feel" the car's weight.
I don't know how they managed to pull it off, since it's just a bunch of weightless virtual polygons, but I like it, because it reminds me of handling a real car.

I tried the more realistic sims on PC, but they still don't do it properly when it comes to that specific "feel".

I hope Gran Turismo in the future becomes more realistic with a proper damage model ( not that cartoonish car-violence of Forza ), and some other goodies seen in GTR2 and rFactor... but the physics feel just fine, even with GT4 and GTHD,
I haven't played GT5prologue, but I bet it feels even more realistic.

If you've a PS3 you have until the 11th to get it before they pull it off and you have to spend 40million dollars importing Prologue from Japan

GT5P box art
52bvvdd.jpg

in game shorts of last years SEMA GT award winner.
4bs1t1z.jpg

53q0pys.jpg

4raslqd.jpg

5zdh9br.jpg

4ldizpz.jpg

source: http://ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=107553

Gran Turismo 5: Prologue - Price and Release Dates confirmed!
I was having a look at the Japanese playstation store just before and wondered if anyone noticed that the GT5:prologue release date inormation was up in a special bulletin just released today.

I will just comment on the important stuff if you want more info ask below or if you can read Japanese too check out the link.

http://www.jp.playstation.com/info/release/nr_20071101_gt5p.html

So basically they are saying the demo version which is already up will be taken off the store on Friday November 30th. So I guess download it while you can.

Now for the actual game, scheduled for release on the 13th of December there will be two versions available. The Blu-ray disc version costing 4,980 yen and the downloadable version for 4,500 yen. roughly $45 and $40 USD respectively.

It supports the Dual Shock 3 controllers and will be in full 1080p, and features online mode.

For more info check out their official website below and or post what you want me to translate from the sites or article specifically.

Hope you enjoyed the info, peace.

Last edited:
The question is, i know a lot of gamers are budget minded ppl, how many of you will purchase GT5 prologue....then buy the full release of GT5 when it comes out?

The question is, i know a lot of gamers are budget minded ppl, how many of you will purchase GT5 prologue....then buy the full release of GT5 when it comes out?

I think PS3 owners are so hungry for games, they'll buy it, all of 'em.

Me, and no doubt I will buy it! Why? It's GT!!!

Simple as that! I didn't have a PS2 by the time GT4 Prologue was out, but I definetly would have bought one if I had my PS2 by then.

People spend money with Xbox Live Gold, and I spend it with a Prologue of a game. It all depends on what you want. I couldn't care less about multiplayer so I also keep thinking how people pay (even if it's a little amount of money) for that service.

Me, and no doubt I will buy it! Why? It's GT!!!

Simple as that! I didn't have a PS2 by the time GT4 Prologue was out, but I definetly would have bought one if I had my PS2 by then.

People spend money with Xbox Live Gold, and I spend it with a Prologue of a game. It all depends on what you want. I couldn't care less about multiplayer so I also keep thinking how people pay (even if it's a little amount of money) for that service.

And I pay both:cry:

Ok quick question, a G25 is supported on PS3 cause im in the market for both but i might get g25 cheap relatively soon, and i dont wanna get one if Ps3 isn't compatible. Ps3 will come later in year or early next.

G25 is supported in PS3 as far as I know. I remember reading it is only supported in GT4 (PS2) and GT5.

Ok quick question, a G25 is supported on PS3 cause im in the market for both but i might get g25 cheap relatively soon, and i dont wanna get one if Ps3 isn't compatible. Ps3 will come later in year or early next.

yeah mate, it does work with a few games already. F1 Championship supports it from memory (which is actually a fairly boring game)

Just bought Prologue and Naruto Shippuden: Narutimate Accel 2 So we'll see how this bad boy plays when it comes in. Incidentally anyone else with a copy feel like a bit of a race? It has online play, right?

Been enjoying Prologue for the past few weeks, it does have online race, but it's only a small portion of Prologue. The overall game play feels very much like previous GT series and don't expect too much out of it's current online set-up.

I can not understand Japanese, so I have no idea what the news updates say. At the moment (and as far as I understand), there are no online custom races. What you get instead when you go into the online screen, are few pre-set races and time attacks. All you need to do is pick a car that's allowed and the game would randomly match you up with other players. By the looks of it, I'm guessing the races would change or increase over time, maybe in a pre-set rotation. (at least I hope so, as those races are currently locked to "standard" physics)

Online time board was also added on the Christmas update. You can either enter the time board for each track/car/tire/physics from the main menu or at the pit-menu of each free-run. It seems to be worldwide (unlike GT-HD demo which is region specific) and boy does it get competitive. You can download and watch other peoples replay or load it as ghost, comes in REAL handy when you want to be on the top of the time board. :mrgreen:

Compared to the Prologue Demo, there are many small improvements, you may not notice them at first, but together they greatly improve the overall quality and make it a very impressive game (demo). Here's my impression after around 50 hours of gameplay:

As mentioned earlier, there are two sets of physic engines. It is set to "normal" by default and I would suggest changing it to "simulation" as soon as you start the game. On simulation mode the car will react to even the smallest driver input, IMO it feels very similar to GTR2. There is clutch support if you have the Logitech G25, but you do have to enable it by pressing triangle during each race. There is no gear grinding, it just wont go into gear instead, so you do have to be careful about how early you release the clutch, clutching is also necessary during take-off on first gear. At last, there is noticeable engine-breaking, mis-shifting to 4th instead of up-shifting to 6th will result in tire squeal, screen-shake, and off-sets the balance of the car, because of this, you will need to heel-and-toe and rev-match.

Sound has definitely improved, tire screeching sounds different depending on condition, and you can also hear the tires "fold" before they screech. Each cars do have noticeably different engine tone, the DC5 Integra Type R actually has the distinctive K20A sound (although the volume is a bit low), and the F430 screams like a Ferrari should during replay. I have also noticed that engine sound seems to be directional, as soon as an Audi R8 races pass the camera you will hear it's deep exhaust tone in addition to the engine noise.

There are many graphical improvements compare to the Demo as well, shadow edges on dash is now much less jaggy, driver now has shifting animation, and rear-view mirrors now look much better compare to the Demo. I was very impressed by the reflections, everything seems to have real-time reflection, even interior panels like the carbon fiber A/C vents in the F430 and R34's gauge clusters. When my friends came over, one of them jumped out of the seat when he saw reflection of apex on the door of a BMW 135i I was trying to cut into. Self-shadowing is also present, if you zoom (triangle) into a stationary car during replay, you will see wheel spokes casting shadow onto break rotors.

Lastly, A.I. seems to have been further improved from the demo, they do make mistakes and you will sometimes see cars overshoot corner into sand pits, they do avoid each other and rarely bump into me during races. However I have not yet test how they would react if I park in the middle of the track because I'm too busy competing against this Japanese guy for top spot on time boards :mrgreen:, maybe someone can fill this in before I get to it.

I'm sure you will enjoy it.