Roush P-51A Mustang Girds for Battle With "Foreign Brands"

They need to paint the spoiler red.

I have to admit I quite like the idea of naming a car after a famous aircraft (that's why Ford chose the name in the 60s) and considering that this Roush has a new rear axle it should perform quite well, as its predecessor already did in Claksons video.

Those signs look quite cool, though I doubt any German manufacturer would put an iron cross on its grille without being smashed to be a Nazi ;)

/plays too many fightsims
//Can talk about planes all day
You don't say? :lol: Can't blame you though, there was some really neat stuff on those WWII fighter planes.

Add me to the list of those that are baffled by the emergence of a new Mustang every week. Not that it's bad, it's just kind of ... absurd.

What "foreign brand" is this Roush Mustang supposed to go up against, anyway? There's hardly any real competition for the Mustang foreign or domestic, even for the hopped-up ones; nobody really cross-shops a Roush and, say, the M3 and G37.

Although if Roush does up a Crown Victoria with machine gun mounts and calls it "Fortress", it would make for a helluva marketing opportunity.

What "foreign brand" is this Roush Mustang supposed to go up against, anyway? There's hardly any real competition for the Mustang foreign or domestic, even for the hopped-up ones; nobody really cross-shops a Roush and, say, the M3 and G37.

gee, i don't know....

M6 - 507hp
CLK63 Black Series - 500hp
997 911 GT2 - 530hp

all weighing in the 3,000lb range with the GT2 being the lightest of them all. all have 500+hp. all have 4 seats (even though there's no such thing as a backseat in the GT2). and all are coupes.

gee, i don't know....

M6 - 507hp
CLK63 Black Series - 500hp
997 911 GT2 - 530hp

all weighing in the 3,000lb range with the GT2 being the lightest of them all. all have 500+hp. all have 4 seats (even though there's no such thing as a backseat in the GT2). and all are coupes.

...none of which you'd be considering instead of the Roush, and vice-versa.

...none of which you'd be considering instead of the Roush, and vice-versa.

you missed the whole conversation. but thanks for playing.

people buying this over those 3 or vice versa doesn't matter. they're still competition. that's what we're talking about.

like i said.....

500+hp
4 seater
coupe
3,000+lbs

people buying this over those 3 or vice versa doesn't matter. they're still competition. that's what we're talking about.

like i said.....

500+hp
4 seater
coupe
3,000+lbs

"People buying this over that" matters completely: that's what defines competition, not a stats sheet. Otherwise you get that Hyundai Sonata commercial that claims it's BMW competition because it has the same horsepower as a 525i, same number of seats, doors, etc.

"People buying this over that" matters completely: that's what defines competition, not a stats sheet. Otherwise you get that Hyundai Sonata commercial that claims it's BMW competition because it has the same horsepower as a 525i, same number of seats, doors, etc.

well if i am looking for a 4 door that seats 5 then it is competiton. granted thats a huge field but this roush is in smaller field of cars as mentioned

like i said.....

500+hp
4 seater
coupe
3,000+lbs

All cars compete with each other, but those cars are in different classes. The 599 GTB and the new Viper have similar power/weight figures, but they obviously don't compete with each other at all.

i hate this UAW type anti-foreign car bullshit. If the big 3 want customers then they know full well they have to build all out good cars, anything else is just lazyness.

To their credit, they are finally seeming to make more worthwhile cars, even if most of the good Fords sold Todays are actually Mazdas :)

like i said.....

500+hp
4 seater
coupe
3,000+lbs

I'm sorry but you're wrong. Someone who is seriously looking at a Benz or a BMW is not going to consider a Ford. Ford owners (may) aspire to own a Benz/BMW, but never the other way around.

You only see the performance numbers, hence you'd look at all cars. A Benz owner first sees a badge, then the quality of the vehicle (both are just about as shitty), and decide the Roush/Ford is a heavily modified Ford without the prestige.

They don't compete. If a reputable "tuner" stuck a T66 on a Supra, it doesn't make it competition for an M5 just because they are similarly powerful.

BTW, you're ability to round sucks. With exception to the Porsche, the rest are 3700lbs or more. I'm sorry but a 3800lbs mustang with 500hp isn't much comopetition for a 3200lb 530hp GT2.

i hate this UAW type anti-foreign car bullshit. If the big 3 want customers then they know full well they have to build all out good cars, anything else is just lazyness.

To their credit, they are finally seeming to make more worthwhile cars, even if most of the good Fords sold Todays are actually Mazdas :)

UAW has to step up to the plate too, if they want to keep jobs. They continue to do a piss poor job building the cars, no matter how good of a job the big 3 do designing, they'll go down.

The whole "anti-foreign cars" is likely all in good fun. Just trying to incite a little pride, considering that unless we use some gimick (usually price) the US has little really competing on the world stage for high perfomance cars.

Last edited:
Roush isn't a tuner anymore. Roush is a manufacturer just like Saleen is. if you look at a Roush Mustang's title, it reads something like R-S1 (R standing for Roush and S standing for Stage). kinda like how a Saleen Mustang's title reads S281 with Mustang nowhere to be found on the paper.

Brabus and Ruf are considered manufacturers by German law and don't use the original Benz or Porsche badging. But they still both use their entire chassis, with slightly modified bodies and tuned engines.

As long as both companies continue to "manufacture" cars using 1 companies parts with some modifications to the engine, body work and brakes, they are a tuner. Then to top it all off, one more often than not has to buy these cars from a Ford dealer.

Ford won't allow dealerships to put brand new Chevy's on the same lots as their new cars, if Roush was really it's own company, Ford would look at them as a competitor and do the same.

Roush and Saleen are still tuners, the exception being with the S7.

Interesting what happens when you goto Roush's website and click on "Vehicles":

roush.JPG

They are tuners, get over it. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck...

Last edited:
wow, its REALLY going over your head isn't? this coming from the guy who tried to make it very clear that Yamaha didn't develop the 4.4L V8 in the XC90 which infact they did lol.

so please, could you show me these websites where you got all this info from telling you that Roush and Saleen aren't manufacturers?

oh wait, wait....

i believe i just found something that actually tells you that Saleen is infact a manufacturer and goes on with the info on how it became a manufacturer and considered OEM.....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saleen

the info on Roush on Wiki was very small and wasn't enough info to back up my statement.

actually, i'm gonna take it a bit further by quoting it......

Saleen manufactures limited edition, high-performance vehicles. Saleen is an automotive original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and the last American small car manufacturer bearing OEM status. Unlike aftermarket "tuner" companies, Saleen is subject to the same federal regulations governing design and testing of their automotive products as larger vehicle manufacturers such as Ford, General Motors, or Toyota.

Last edited:
I'm gonna try my hand at clarifying this situation,

ahem

What he means is that although by law Roush/Saleen/Whatever may be classified as as a manufacturer, they're in fact tuners due to the fact that they take another manufacturer's design and modify it rather than using their own designs.

PS: Exceptions apply to Saleen as they do/did produce the S7

Oh and petty attacks do not bode well with the mods and admins here.

wow, its REALLY going over your head isn't?

No it's obviously gone over your head what my point was. Obviously you can't have a discussion without being childish and resorting to personal attacks so I'm done.

Have fun.

PS. I admitted to being wrong on the Yamaha V8 thing.

No it's obviously gone over your head what my point was. Obviously you can't have a discussion without being childish and resorting to personal attacks so I'm done.

Have fun.

PS. I admitted to being wrong on the Yamaha V8 thing.

how is showing you viable facts being childish? and where was the personal attack? a personal attack consists of calling you names and talkin about stuff that has nothing to do with the topic on hand (IE: talkin shit about everything outta the book and calling you a retard), which i wasn't doing.

what is childish is not admitting that you're wrong on both accounts when shown the facts in both threads.

how is showing you viable facts being childish? and where was the personal attack? a personal attack consists of calling you names and talkin about stuff that has nothing to do with the topic on hand (IE: talkin shit about everything outta the book and calling you a retard), which i wasn't doing.

what is childish is not admitting that you're wrong on both accounts when shown the facts in both threads.

wow, its REALLY going over your head isn't? this coming from the guy who tried to make it very clear that Yamaha didn't develop the 4.4L V8 in the XC90 which infact they did lol.

Now tell me that isn't a personal attack.

(Refer to previous post where he said he accepted the fact that Yamaha developed that engine)