Edo Competition Ferrari 599/630 GTB

Elmo187

Car(s)
Cobalt SS/SC-SN95 5.0 Stang-Toyota Corolla AE86
Courtesy of AutoBlog:

The sorcerers at Germany's Edo Competition have cast their spells on the Ferrari 599 GTB, and as usual, the results are impressive. The Edo Competition GTB comes in two flavors, but let's cover the common ground, first. The car gets lowered 40mm in back, 40 mm in front, and gets added stick courtesy of an Edo/KW adjustable sport suspension. 20" wheels with stainless outer rims can be custom-painted in any shade the pwner desires, and the V12's song is newly amplified thanks to a sport exhaust with a driver-controllable butterfly valve. Want it to be louder? Just dail it up, baby.

Of course, the most important piece of the puzzle is the 6.0L Enzo-derived V12 under that long hood. In stock trim, it blasts out 620 horsepower. Edo customers can opt for the Level 1 "F599 GTB" engine upgrade, which combines intake and exhaust work with ECU reprogramming to boost output to 650 horses. Those with deeper pockets and/or looking for a more extreme level of tune can opt for the Level 2 "630 GTB" package. This elevates the Ferrari's power levels from the sublime to the ridiculous thanks to a 6.3L FXX engine conversion. Edo estimates 750 HP for the Level 2 option, which is, you know, not bad.

edocomp599.jpg-(10).jpg

edocomp599.jpg-(7).jpg

edocomp599.jpg.jpg

holy mother of god and all that is holy! i think this is God's daily driver.

Last edited:
white + black rims with a silver lip. If ever there was a formula for automotive hottness that would be it. Absolutly beautiful.

Every time I see that car I think of the 340 Mexico.

Just....weird looking. Appealing, but weird.

Black rims only work of they are flat black.

I like my 599 stock from the Ferrari dealership in red. Yes I'm boring, get over it :p

Still damn ugly though.

I like my 599 stock from the Ferrari dealership in red. Yes I'm boring, get over it :p

so you're saying if some salesman from Edo Competition came up to you and handed you the keys to this, you wouldn't take it?

you're full of shit if you wouldn't.

so you're saying if some salesman from Edo Competition came up to you and handed you the keys to this, you wouldn't take it?

you're full of shit if you wouldn't.
You know what I've observed about you on these boards - you got a really shocking problem with accepting other peoples opinions. Believe it or not, we don't all think the same way you do.

As for your question - no. I wouldn't take the keys of the Edo over the keys of a regular 599, and I mean that. A white Ferrari with black rims just isn't me. But I know and acknowledge that it is other peoples style and I guess thats what separates you from me...

Can be painted any colour you like though??? I'm sure you can have a 599 with the challenge rims with the Edo upgrades.

Can be painted any colour you like though??? I'm sure you can have a 599 with the challenge rims with the Edo upgrades.
You raise a good point there. With these modified versions of already high performance cars, I tend to make the comment "I'll take the engine modifications but leave the exterior stock please" or something along those lines.

So yeah, if I could drive my 599 into Edo and get the more powerful engine I might. Although realistically, I probably wouldn't as I think an Enzo engine puts out more than enough BHP, heheheh.

lol wow, i can't believe i did this.....

i forgot to put something crucial into the thread title.

its called the White Flash Edo Competition Ferrari 599/630 GTB. i'm so sorry.:lol:

but if you had enough money to purchase this beast, i'm willin to bet that you can get it in another color.

lol wow, i can't believe i did this.....

i forgot to put something crucial into the thread title.

its called the White Flash Edo Competition Ferrari 599/630 GTB. i'm so sorry.:lol:

but if you had enough money to purchase this beast, i'm willin to bet that you can get it in another color.
Read my post sunshine ;)

The comment about the colour was a general sort of thing. Its not everyday I have to explain myself in great detail to someone who can't accept other peoples opinions.

If I must elaborate:
I don't like the rim style.
I don't like the sticker on the side.
I don't think the Ferrari 599 is slow.
I would prefer having the regular suspension over the lowered suspension because I have always had a preference of comfort over sportiness.

Thats my honest opinion. Written out like that makes me look ridiculously anal. But I'm not. I'm like the majority of people who have purchased a Ferrari 599, not an Edo tuned version. Except I have neither haha!

If I can't post my honest opinion without having someone critisise/question that, then FinalGear's going downhill.

Sounds like you should get a 612 instead :D

Sounds like you should get a 612 instead :D
Heheh, well this was all a hypothetical. It didn't need to be but elmo made it so...

I've always disliked the 612's styling :thumbsdown: But the 612 is not the 599 so lets stay on topic ;)

This may seem really petty, but I know I'm not the only one that thinks this way. The styling of the 599 would be I dunno 1000% better if it had 4 rear tail lights instead of 2.

I like the white on black rims look. White is a boring color, but the black rims attract some attention. Looks cool.

A red Ferrari is just boring, sorry to say. But I can't blame people for buying them. A bright red Ferrari is The Dream Car.

someone who can't accept other peoples opinions.

wouldn't that be most of this site?

how about you go check the Propane Chevelle and Reventon threads? there's ALOT of disrespecting of opinions in there and not just from me.

so don't single out one person for doing something that almost everybody on this site does.

thats kind of shitty for a moderator to do.

wouldn't that be most of this site?

how about you go check the Propane Chevelle and Reventon threads? there's ALOT of disrespecting of opinions in there and not just from me.

so don't single out one person for doing something that almost everybody on this site does.

thats kind of shitty for a moderator to do.
DO YOU HONESTLY THINK I CARE?!

no.

FinalGear moderators allow this forum to run itself when it comes to members. We haven't had many problems doing it this way in the past. We don't want everyone holding back and this place to become dull. We only intervene when members like you come along. And judging by your reputation comments, of which I can view, there are plenty other members who have a problem with you. Not just me.

So go find a kite and fly it mate.

DO YOU HONESTLY THINK I CARE?!

no.

FinalGear moderators allow this forum to run itself when it comes to members. We haven't had many problems doing it this way in the past. We don't want everyone holding back and this place to become dull. We only intervene when members like you come along. And judging by your reputation comments, of which I can view, there are plenty other members who have a problem with you. Not just me.

So go find a kite and fly it mate.

that has NOTHING to do with what i just said junior.

youre getting on me about disrespecting your opinion when mostly everyone on the forum does the samething. if you don't believe me, then go check out the threads i listed.

ill repeat myself once more.....

don't single out one person for doing something that almost everybody on this site does.

Get the fuck over it both of you. Talk cars or take it to PM.