Forums keep timing out for me.

toma_alimosh

Also known as "Myke Hunt"
Car(s)
2014 Volkswagen Jetta
Please help, page lagging out.
Ok, so I already got an answer from adunaphel that it would be a problem on my end, but ever sionce we moved to the new box, instead of receiving fast loading times I've been experiencing very very slow loading times (even a myspace page full of videos and animations loads faster) and a lot of times I've had time-outs. It's not my internet connection, because the same thing has been happening when I access it from school, so I don't know what it could be.

This usually happens when I post messages to the board, though occassionally a page times out when browsing as well.

So, since it's not a connection problem or a certain-computer configuration problem .. anybody have any ideas what it might be and how to fix it?

Learn to properly read my PMs :mad:. I said the forums lagging has very little to do with you not using an edit button. I get the same problem, but not with just finalgear, my guess is that it's a routing problem somewhere in a major hub. And i've been having these problems a lot longer than the new box.

Not using the edit button was a combination of time constraint (on a school computer right before I had to go to class) and the page loading very very slow.

EDIT: So it's not only me having problems with timeouts. I only have problems with this page. Everything else loads like it normally would. I'd hate to think that it's an overall internet-network problem ... because we all pay these companies a ton of freaking money to make sure that it all runs smoothly. Out of the millions of dollars they have in their pockets, they better find some money to fix it if that's the case.

EDIT: Oh, and I do try to use the edit button as much as I can.

Last edited:
Post a traceroute to finalgear.com and I will pass it on to the network team.

Dunno if it's the same I'm getting, I just tried to report a post, but it was so slow that I played an entire game og spider solitare, and it still hadn't gotten anywhere when I finished.

I've been experiencing the same thing as well although with me it seems to be limited to when I make replies to threads. Sometimes it will just hang up and if I hit refresh I get a message saying the post has already been made, and indeed it has.

I get the occasional page-taking-forever-to-load after posting, but my post goes through and all that, so I'm not too worried about it personally.

I'm having problems where the main site or forums will not load at all if that helps cure it.

I also have been seeing lag when I post a reply. The progress bar on firefox will hit 50% and stay there for quite some time.

HOWEVER

I've noticed that if you're in this position and you give it maybe 5 seconds and then goto the top of the page where it says for example

FinalGear.com Forums > FinalGear.com > The Forums > Forums keep timing out for me.

and click on the current thread (which would for this example be "Forums keep timing out for me."), you'll notice your post has gone through without a hitch.

If you want to be on the safe side, before hitting the reply button, select everything in the text box and copy it so that you can just paste it (if it didn't go through).

Edit: I've also noticed that going advanced requires you NOT to do the above steps and allows the post to go through without a hitch.

Hope this helps.

-LP

We think the issue is resolved now, possibly due to email subscriptions.
Let us know if it continues and post the link to the post and thread it occurs in.

Testy test!

Quiky and Viper, you guys are uber! Take a bow gentlemen

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Woot, custom script FTW. ^_^

Switched from eAccelerator to XCache.. minor page speedups, along with a small drop in server load.