Bulletproof Fiat Panda?

Davetouch

is un-Stoppable
Car(s)
'00 9-3 2.0 Turbo Vert, Various MGs, '99 Ringoo
Sorry, I do realise how unbelievably late this is, but I was watching an old episode ([06.01]) on Dave, and noticed something on the 'coming up' section. The bulletproof Fiat Panda, that they made. This however, seems to have never been broadcast. Why not? What happened to it?

So I was wondering whether I've missed something, or reasons as to why they didn't show it.

A lot of stuff in the promos they don't put in the show, properly because it was actually quite boring or there was just better stuff to fill the show.

A lot of stuff in the promos they don't put in the show, properly because it was actually quite boring or there was just better stuff to fill the show.

I second that. It was probably very easy to make: Rip out old windows, replace them with bulletproof glass, secure, get a beer.

It wouldn't really be something riveting, wouldn't you agree?

^ It would've been OK certainly, but I'm wondering as well, why, if they decided to remove it, they left it in the 'coming up' segment.

It must have been for a later segment and in the first episode they might not have had plans to remove it, and changed their minds later on...

... it's possible

i do wish they would just through all the unused stuff in a DVD or something, i thought James was supposed to race JC and Richard through Austria, but that never seemed to have happened either

That was just speculation I think when a picture of the 3 supercars shown in [10.01] was taken in Austria during the filming. That was when we didn't know what the story was.

There was a cross continental race to one of the German stadiums before the world cup with a piece of turf. I believe Jeremy was supposed to be in the Ferrari 599. This would have been series 8 I think. As far as I know it was filmed and edited but was a bit shit so they binned it.

On the spot
Yes, our great nation is steeling itself for World Cup fever as our boys go to battle on German soil to the delight of everyone. Well, everyone except Jeremy and James, who think footballers are big girls in Range Rover Sports.

Nonetheless, TG decided to get into the spirit of things by doing our bit for the beautiful game. That's why we'll be delivering the actual centre-spot turf for a World Cup pitch, from the secret location where it's grown, all the way to the stadium where it will form the most important part of the hallowed turf. This is a big job. And also a great way to test boot carpet soil-stain resistance.
main.jpg

We also never saw James racing "a man in a condom" across an estuary in an Alfa. I believe this was in the series preview for series 8 and 9.

Last edited:
This might be a good idea to replace one of those Best of Top Gear specials. All the stuff they didn't use, call it the Worst of Top Gear. They're all pretty good at talking about when they didn't exactly do a bang-up job on a segment, it'd probably be great just for their introductions to each bit and why it was never put in a proper episode.

I have notice the "Bulletproof Fiat Panda" of Season 6, and also wondered for a while. But I haven't heard of "race to one of the German stadiums" or "Austria racing". As a big fan, I would like to see those unshowed segments, no matter thought TV or DVD. They may think that it is not good enough to be showed, but I would say it will still be better than fifth gear, or some other boring car show. Maybe we could give TG an mail/E-mail, requesting for it?

I have notice the "Bulletproof Fiat Panda" of Season 6, and also wondered for a while. But I haven't heard of "race to one of the German stadiums" or "Austria racing". As a big fan, I would like to see those unshowed segments, no matter thought TV or DVD. They may think that it is not good enough to be showed, but I would say it will still be better than fifth gear, or some other boring car show. Maybe we could give TG an mail/E-mail, requesting for it?
I'd go for that. A shitty TG segment is still better then 99% of the crap on telly anyhow.

I also always wanted to see that Skyline in the intro for the "clash of the generations" where they raced that pimped Peugeot 306 against an Austin Healy. That was an awsome looking car, though it might just have been a cool clip they used for fun (it was doing donuts I think).

It is a really good idea I think, why not release all of those bits that never quite made it to the show on a DVD in a Top Gear mag? I'd definitely buy it then (first time ever). And please tell us what happened to the Mini they were meant to restore its been like 3 years <_<

This might be a good idea to replace one of those Best of Top Gear specials. All the stuff they didn't use, call it the Worst of Top Gear. They're all pretty good at talking about when they didn't exactly do a bang-up job on a segment, it'd probably be great just for their introductions to each bit and why it was never put in a proper episode.

I completely agree with your idea. The thing is, the worst of topgear is still much more worthwhile TV then most anything you'll find while channel surfing today.

On the Radio Times website, the james vs man in a condom race is to be screened on the 18th November:

Sunday 18 November
8:00pm - 9:00pm
BBC2
Motoring magazine show. Jeremy goes mad in two fast estates, Richard invents motorhome racing and James pits an Alfa Romeo against a man who crosses the Humber Estuary without using a bridge. The Stig attacks the test track in Honda's new Civic Type R.

what about the mini that they were going to restore ? what happened ?

I have been observing this from long time too. The segment having the Bugatti vs Plane (Richard and James) race through Europe should have had the test of a silver Brera driven by James but that did not happen. If I am not mistaken, the first test of the Brera was the one where it competes with the RX8 and Audi TT.

Oh, btw.?? What happened when they tried to grow Petrol? They were supposed to show the crops later on in the next season!

what about the mini that they were going to restore ? what happened ?

This was discussed a lot, and we're hoping it will be shown in season 10.

I have been observing this from long time too. The segment having the Bugatti vs Plane (Richard and James) race through Europe should have had the test of a silver Brera driven by James but that did not happen. If I am not mistaken, the first test of the Brera was the one where it competes with the RX8 and Audi TT.

Oh, btw.?? What happened when they tried to grow Petrol? They were supposed to show the crops later on in the next season!

They said they would harvest it a year later right? It hasn't really been a year since that time has it? If it has they'll maybe show it in a later episode in this season or early season 11 I suppose.

To tack a new question onto this, whatever happened to the write-in thing they had where if someone had a comb-over, they were to write in to take part in the experiment of "How fast do you need to go before it starts flying away". That never took place after it was announced was it?

They drove a 24-hour race with it, see the spoilers forum for more details.