An Introduction...And Photos!

Thank you guys for the overwhelmingly positive response to my work! I will have some new photos to post soon. I have been prepping today for a shoot tomorrow featuring a very special car...

Firstly, :welcome:, secondly W-O-W, amazing shots. I sense some requests for wallpaper-size versions coming your way.

In fact, I'll be the first - the shot of the F1 footwell - any chance I could get a 1280-wide version? I completely understand if that's not possible for commercial / copyright reasons.
As you guessed...I have had a heck of a lot of trouble with copyright infringement. Every time I release an image larger than 1024x768, people completely remove the single line of tiny text i put at the bottom with my URL. It's pretty terrible. Sometime in the near future I'll be releasing some images at 1280 though, and I will make sure that image specifically is included :)

Ah I've seen your work before, specifically the set of that last Enzo. Coming from someone who knows nothing about photography, the reflections on the FXX, F40 and F430 are a little distracting.
Yes, the Enzo set is a couple of years old now. The reflections are an unfortunate side effect of any shoot that uses natural light.

:drool:

... what I always wounder about ... how do photographers get their Hands on such cars. You seem to be an professional, but no Car knocks at your Door telling you it?s girlfriends thought it would be a great Car-model ... do the owners contact you or is it vice versa? It must be quite hard to get your Hands on an Enzo or F40 ...
Many times the owners contact me, on occaison I contact the owners. I do a bit of driving and racing myself, and have made friends in the car world through those channels. I made my start with formula open wheel cars. Since then, I have had the good fortune to drive or track most of the cars in these pictures. Most importantly, I continue to learn something new every time :)

Last edited:
Wow mate- amazing photos. Your light + car arrangement + PP = awesome images! Wish I could do something like that- nice job.

Brilliant work! What equipment are you using if you don't mind me asking?

guys,

here is a sample image, which is a rough. all the photos from the event I'm covering right now will be up next week :)

mas.jpg

You need an avatar. :p

For the wealth of information you have passed on to me Rich, I've made you a tiny avatar :p Least I could do :)

http://img524.imageshack.**/img524/9810/richmj5.jpg

Some awesome photos of rather rare beasts :D Keep up the good work and :welcome:

So YOU're the motographer guy eh? Love almost all your shots =D. Among the best of automotive photography IMO.

Got some solid material there, though if you held a gun to my head I'd say that the corner vignetting was overused, although it's well-used in a couple shots. Some of the vignetting is very sharp (Lotus & yellow Ferrari images, for instance), was it mechanical vignetting?

Last edited:
Can i ask a question? lol, i am just starting to get into car photography but am wanting to know what post photo work you do, at the moment i take my pictures then leace them as is, but am trying to get into touhing up the photos to make them look more drematic and interesting, here are some of my photos from a clubman gathering, nothing special but i want to make them better on the computer but don't know what kind of work to do... Link

I love the MC12, I got a chance to see one in Korea last year, but my pictures make it look terrible!

thank you guys again for the great response -- it is my hope that you enjoy these photos as much as I enjoy producing them :) I have just finished shooting a 5-day event and have been recovering from a short sleep schedule, but within the next few days I should have a heap of new material online :)

Got some solid material there, though if you held a gun to my head I'd say that the corner vignetting was overused, although it's well-used in a couple shots. Some of the vignetting is very sharp (Lotus & yellow Ferrari images, for instance), was it mechanical vignetting?
All of the vignetting in my photos is mechanical, the result of a wide angle lens coupled with a filter. I am a big fan of wide angle photography. It allows for interesting exploration of the shapes and lines present within the design of the car.

Can i ask a question? lol, i am just starting to get into car photography but am wanting to know what post photo work you do, at the moment i take my pictures then leace them as is, but am trying to get into touhing up the photos to make them look more drematic and interesting, here are some of my photos from a clubman gathering, nothing special but i want to make them better on the computer but don't know what kind of work to do... Link
I try to use dynamic techniques which emphasize some part of the character of the vehicle, or a particular part of the car I want to focus on. I do not do a lot of compositing, and try to shoot practically as often as possible. Most of my post work is with color, or slight touch up work when there is some dust/dirt in the camera, etc. Sometimes I will go out of the way to remove things from the frame if they are really distracting, but I rarely make "additions" to my photography in post.

Your photography is of such high grade, and communicates such a wealth of emotions through the images, it leaves me slightly stunned. Your work is truly some of the best I have ever seen. Thank you for sharing.