[10x04] November 4th, 2007

There is more than one black racing driver in the world. :rolleyes:
I imagine it happened like this:

-Middle of the F1 season.
-Hamilton's leading the WC.
-TG need a black stig.
-They call the only black racing driver on the face of the earth.
-Lewis drops everything and flies down to Africa between Grand Prix.
-He drives around a makeshift, dirt track in 3 dilapidated cars.
-Clarkson thanks Lewis for his services and tells him he couldn't have done it without him.
-Hamilton gets into his private jet and flies back to the luxurious hotel where his supermodel girlfriend is eagerly waiting for him.

That sounds perfectly plausible...

He fell in love with Oliver, and has arranged for him to be shipped to the UK. At the time of writing the article, Oliver was due to begin his journey in a few days, so he's probably arrived by now. Hopefully he won't find the British autumn too much of a shock after all those years in Africa. :)

Thanks a lot, could imagine that it could be that way! :)

It`s KADETT

Exactly. A Kadett A model the first model of the second generation Kadett's.

[ontopic]Great episode, but as mentioned not the best. Extremely funny moments. Not as unexpected as the polar episode. As other have mentioned the polar and the USA episodes felt epic this dosn't in the same way. But that dosn't make it a bad episode;-)

Who can not love Olliver, I want one....NOW.
I suspect an increased in Kadett A sales over the next weeks :p One minor problem such a Kadett ain't cheap a '67 model (Kadett B) Coupe costs about 10.000 USD here i Denmark in mint condition :cry:

Fun episode!

They spent their time cocking about mostly, and I'm glad it wasn't "epic".

My favourite bits were the orange moonrise, and the president storming them with his awesome entourage.

I personally liked James' choice of car the most, but I'm biased like that haha.

They probably just found a driver or amateur racing driver locally to drive as the Stig.

Great EP!!!

Great filming and production as always. And I don't really think the episode needed to be much more epic. When they film the stuff, they never know what will be the outcome because it all depends on external factors. Thankfully they didn't get into any serious trouble this time so the episode seemed less epic as others. But I really think it was great to see.

BTW, that moment with Hammond shouting "Oliver!!!" while the little Kadett was sinking it reminded me a lot to Tom Hanks shouting to "Wilson" in the movie Stranded, don't you think!? :lol:

There is more than one black racing driver in the world. :rolleyes:

Exactly, thank you. 8)

Besides, Lewis' skin colour is lighter then that of African Stig. :rolleyes:

The African Stig is probably a local who does local rallys; as big as Africa is, there has got to be rally races in most of the Southern countries. Maybe username Madcow809 could fill us in, since he lives in South Africa.

Last edited:
It was ok i suppose, but i didnt see much point really. It would have been much better if they each had the state of the art 4x4 equip to the teeth in stuff and made the crossing much harder.. dont you think?

Thant way we are seeing up to date cars where they can actually comment a bit about them, like the polar challange for example. Full mod toyota Hilux, how cool was that.

I liked Hammonds bag in James?s tent jajaja, stupid Hammond.

I say they should try this one more time, but this time do Australia and make it real epic and go from Sydney to Perth. It'd be a good mix of the American and African specials. They'll have plenty of car selections and maybe more to do (Botswana seemed real sparse despite the incredible landscape) and a very rugged road trip across the continent with more incredible scenery.

Australia would be fine, but I'm still hoping they would do the same in Asia. Japan or China preferrably.

Although Japan is rather small, I find the country infinitely interesting, and I also think it would be hillarious when all three of them got lost in translation and in all the strange technological advancements they got over there.

Australia would be fine, but I'm still hoping they would do the same in Asia. Japan or China preferrably.

Although Japan is rather small, I find the country infinitely interesting, and I also think it would be hillarious when all three of them got lost in translation and in all the strange technological advancements they got over there.

But Clarkson's already done Japan in Motorworld, so that's not automatically a good location.

New Zealand, however, might be more appropriate, as it would give Clarkson an opportunity to figure out which co-presenter more resembles a hobbit.

They could also try midwestern America / Monument Valley, with a used Airstream caravan and a Toyota Tundra pickup truck, as a revisit of their "caravan holiday."

And they could try to make a car into an aircraft.

I think that's the toughest trip ever for them...even tougher than north pole.
For me the America Special still better, and the Stig's African cousin is....not as funny as american cousin.

Better than the America special, not as good as the Polar special.

Music just didn't deliver like it did in the other two, but it was more interesting (imo) then the America one.(I'm from America, so its nothing particularly fascinating to me)

That island in the middle of the salt flats was amazing.

So I think we all learned a lesson here, The VW Bug is the greatest car ever manufactured.

8)

To be honest, I half expected the show to end with oliver sitting in the studio and Hamond proclaiming he flew it home.

im sorry - ive just got to say that was one of the best episodes of Top Gear that i have ever seen. if only for the sheer number of times it made you drop your jaw and say "oh my God", and the truly epic scenes, its definitely in my top 5, and maybe (just maybe) my all-time favorite.....

that African Stig was just a bit racist, though.....

I'm amazed that one of them didn't end up in an old Peugeot or Renault as I'm lead to believe from 'frog' owners that they are everywhere in Africa.