New Shots of 2009 Corvette SS - More detail

I'm willing to bet GM hasn't used any cosmetic ZR1 changes on these test mules. I can't wait to see what they did with the rest of the car.
They only made subtle visual changes from the C6 to the Z06, I don't know why they'd change much from the Z06 to the ZR1. I don't really car what they've changed on the outside, I'm much more interested in how they managed to stick a supercharger and intercooler on a 3100lb car and still drop weight.

They only made subtle visual changes from the C6 to the Z06, I don't know why they'd change much from the Z06 to the ZR1. I don't really car what they've changed on the outside, I'm much more interested in how they managed to stick a supercharger and intercooler on a 3100lb car and still drop weight.

I don't really care either, but that was one of the biggest complaints about the Z06, was it could get lost in the crowd of base model C6's.

The Z06 was a good $20grand more expensive then the Z51. But the ZR1 is looking at being $30grand more expensive then the Z06. I think at that price hike, GM will be looking at improving a few things on the car. Namely the interior, which they have been doing a good job of with the other Corvette models. Don't be surprised if the ZR1 has stitched leather everywhere with carbon fiber inserts scattered about.

I just wonder how smart it would be to have the ZR1 resemble a Z51 too closely. One costs around $45grand with the other being over $100grand.

its not the first time this has happened though.

take the C5 Corvette/Corvette Z06 for example:

2004-Corvette-Commemorative-Ed-1.jpg

6907-3-0.jpg

only difference is the brake ducts in front of the rear wheels. also, if you do look at the C6 Z06 and the Z51, there's ALOT of differences including a wider stance.

Elmo187 said:
there's ALOT of differences including a wider stance.
And most people will notice that at a glance :rolleyes:.

TomCat said:
I just wonder how smart it would be to have the ZR1 resemble a Z51 too closely. One costs around $45grand with the other being over $100grand.
If it ain't broke don't fix it :D. The only body modifications they've done so far have been done to complement mechanical changes; I think that's a good honest policy on their part. In any case, it's still a Corvette, and I don't think any buyers will be turned away because it doesn't look aggressive enough.

only difference is the brake ducts in front of the rear wheels. also, if you do look at the C6 Z06 and the Z51, there's ALOT of differences including a wider stance.

Oh I know. The C5's hardly changed. The C6's changed much more. That's why I'm thinking the changes will be even more noticeable with the ZR1.

And most people will notice that at a glance :rolleyes:.

If it ain't broke don't fix it :D. The only body modifications they've done so far have been done to complement mechanical changes; I think that's a good honest policy on their part. In any case, it's still a Corvette, and I don't think any buyers will be turned away because it doesn't look aggressive enough.

I've spotted Z06's from a split second glance in my review mirror. But then again, I am a bit a of fanboy for them. But to most people, they probably wouldn't take notice. I've pointed out AMG Mercs to friends/family and they just shrug. They have a hard time believing it when I tell them that they're looking at a $100k+ car.

I personally don't care about very noticeable changes between the Corvette models. I've even gotten into arguments with people who say the Z06 sucked because of how easy it is to make a Z06 clone. Everything that makes a Z06 a Z06 is underneath the skin/paint. Wheels and a brake vent aren't what make a Z06 special.

Keep in mind that the FRC's* were first developed for the Z06 and later made available as a "normal" vette. The C5 Z06 was more about function than form, those brake ducts were needed, as well as the better exhaust.

*FRC = Fixed Roof Coupe. GM took the Convertible chassis and welded a roof on it to make a stiffer chassis than the regular fastback Corvette.

DSCF1078-copy.jpg

http://img139.imageshack.**/img139/4113/mainphpg2viewcore4040f2eb4.jpg
http://img88.imageshack.**/img88/1561/mainphpg2viewcore4030c0eh8.jpg

fuck me, the rims are hawt! i think im in love...

if you look at how the engine looks, it looks like its gonna be sticking through the hood for a shaker.
I hope not. A useless shaker would be worse than the clear hood thing. I was really hoping they weren't serious about that, it's so tacky.

only difference is the brake ducts in front of the rear wheels.

There was more -- the C5 Z06 had red brake calipers, and the easiest cue was the notchback rear glass instead of the larger hatch style glass. There was also a metallic mesh in the front bumper air intake, as well as the unique 10 spoke wheels. But you had to know what you were looking for to pick one out in traffic.