Ethernet problem question

Just an update, I just finished reformatting his comp and installed some of the programs back. It works fine now. I guess I'll tell him to use FireFox with noscript from now on. Thanks for the replies.

That won't stop anything if he still downloads stupid crap from emule etc and runs it

Actually I asked him when he got the virus, he said he got the virus while searching for "stuff" online. After a virus scan with Avast, it shows his comp got a few viruses, but I think the one that broke his internet connection is Winfixer. If it was my comp I would've just reformatted it in the first place, but he has tons of stuff on his comp, I had to re-organize my stuff to get enough free hdd space to put his files on my comp, then I did a complete format and reinstall. It works fine now. I guess it's just depends on the risks you're willing to take when you use P2P. I use eMule 24/7, and I've never have a problem with it. Even when you get torrents on Mininova you can still get virus and fake files. Anyways thanks for the help and I'm glad the everything finally works. :)

Last edited:
http://forums.phoenixlabs.org/showthread.php?t=12995

Basically uTorrent is bought by BitTorrent which is partially owned by the MPAA. uTorrent is closed source so we don't know what codes the MPAA added to the new versions. I set up my Azureus to block all uTorrent traffic just in case.

http://forums.phoenixlabs.org/showthread.php?t=12995

Basically uTorrent is bought by BitTorrent which is partially owned by the MPAA. uTorrent is closed source so we don't know what codes the MPAA added to the new versions. I set up my Azureus to block all uTorrent traffic just in case.
Ugh. Any easy way to transition all my torrents from utorrent to something else? Or do I really have to go through and set all my download locations :cry:

Just finish all your current donwloads then get Azureus and set that as your default torrent program. You can then set Azureus to put the downloaded files to the same folder as you're using currently.

Or just use the version before BitTorrent got their hands on it. I'm using an old version of uTorrent.