Who do you want to partner LH at McLaren?

Who do you want to partner LH at McLaren?

• Heikki Kovalainen

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Nico Rosberg

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Adrian Sutil

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Mark Webber

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • David Coulthard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ralf Schumacher

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Michael Schumacher

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Pedro de la Rosa

• Gary Paffett

• Bruno Spengler (DTM)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

vikiradTG2007

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Working on it
Who would be your guess as to the unlucky "bull" to be thrown in the McLaren-Hamilton "bullfight"? Because, no matter what PR equality statements are thrown in, now that Alonso has left, Hamilton will be made number 1 of the team.

Just to make something clear: Spengler's name was mentioned by grandprix.com in relation to a possible McLaren move, but was described as a longshot.

I'd say that out of the current drivers, Sutil might be bought the most easily out of his contract, even with the $50 mil. fine for McLaren. And he was quietly impressive throughout the season, not all the time, but enough so to attract attention.

Last edited:
Heikki Kovalainen - I think if Alonso goes to Renaul, Flavio will be quicker to drop Fisi than let Kovi go
Nico Rosberg - Possibly, Williams may say "no sale", but they said that about Jenson Button
Adrian Sutil - No. He drives a spyker, and hasn't done anything spectacular with it
Mark Webber - He's like Massa; quick enough to be a top 4 or 5 place driver in a top car but not good enough to do anything spectacular
David Coulthard - He was glad to be out of McLaren, he won't go back
Ralf Schumacher - lolz
Michael Schumacher - lolzlolz
Pedro de la Rosa - No. Mediocre as a race driver
Gary Paffett - I doubt Ron would go with two young inexperienced drivers
Bruno Spengler (DTM) - See; Gary Paffett

Of all those I'd rate Kovalainen as most likely, then Rosberg.

I would love Rosberg to go to Mclaren, but I think the more realistic choice is Kovalainen. Don't get me wrong Heikki deserves the seat too, but I think it's Nico deserves it more.

I think given a chance that Mark Webber could really push, (maybe is even better, in a good way) Lewis Hamilton hard, without being a complete dick (you know who you are FA).

I'm going to cross fingers for Mark Webber.

Realistically though, we're looking at most likely HK. McLaren might also do a 1 year deal with Ralf, which I would really not like to see, but who knows.

Heikki would be my second choice, with Nico third.

Quick Nick is already pissed at McLaren for not taking him (and taking Raikkonen instead), so he's going to chill with BMW, that is HIS team now.

I'm hoping it to be either Webber or Rosberg, but rational thinking puts me on Kovalainen. Although the market will do nothing until Alonso decides where he goes, id he goes to Renault, they will either team him up again with Fisichela or Piquet Jr. So someone has to go there.

I'm going to cross fingers for Mark Webber.

Realistically though, we're looking at most likely HK. McLaren might also do a 1 year deal with Ralf, which I would really not like to see, but who knows.

Heikki would be my second choice, with Nico third.

Quick Nick is already pissed at McLaren for not taking him (and taking Raikkonen instead), so he's going to chill with BMW, that is HIS team now.

They won't do a deal with Ralf. He's just way to expensive to put in for just one year. He was never a really good performer in F1 and for the money that he costs they can just as well put in a promising driver. IE a cheap Sutil or something to see how that works out.

I like Nico so I wouldn't want him to go to McLaren because if Hamilton manages to get a decent point gap over him, then his career is basically over. Just to remind you Hamilton has previously beaten Rosberg in the lower formulae.

I'd like to see Webber get the seat, but I think it is more likely that Kovalainen will probably be selected possibly as part of a deal with Renault for Alonso.

Out of all the driver's listed who had a race seat this year, I can't really see any of them leaving their current teams, except Heikki Kovalainen because Alonso would want Fisi as his team mate at Renault. (if he goes there)

So McLaren may have to go with Pedro de la Rosa. :thumbsdown:

I'll do it, it would make him look good.

I voted Heikki

Well yeah... considering now that Nakajima has been signed alongside Rosberg at Williams next year. But I'm praying that it isn't Kovalainen that will be thrown in the McLaren melee. I don't want Hamilton to make him his no2.

One option I forgot up there: if we might be talking about a driver swap between McLaren and Renault, why not give the seat to Nelsinho Piquet? We'd have a massive fight on our hands then...

It'll probably be Heikki, Rosberg or Sutil. It would be mega badass if Webber got the seat. I'd be so disappointed if Webdog gets annihilated by the Hammaminator.

Id really love to see Mark get the seat. I think he's still a very underrated driver. Too many seasons driving god awful race cars. Give him a decent reliable car and I think he could supprise a few people

Well yeah... considering now that Nakajima has been signed alongside Rosberg at Williams next year. But I'm praying that it isn't Kovalainen that will be thrown in the McLaren melee. I don't want Hamilton to make him his no2.

One option I forgot up there: if we might be talking about a driver swap between McLaren and Renault, why not give the seat to Nelsinho Piquet? We'd have a massive fight on our hands then...

Could happen - I mean McLaren might try another rookie. I'd love to see Bruno Senna in a McLaren, there'd be something fitting about seeing McLaren's greatest driver's nephew in the car.

Seriously though I'd imagine it will be the Renault driver who makes way for Alonso.

My money is on Mark Webber joining McLaren. Alonso then signs 2 year deal with Red Bull and signs on with Ferrari to join Kimi after that.

Although, Pedro would be the obvious replacement as he keeps Santander happy (being Spanish) and can sit behind Hamilton in last place (Hamilton being 2nd last :lol:)