Clarkson: Supercar Showdown - discussion thread

Watched it last night (thank you amazon.co.uk), I liked it better than TGTBTU. This one felt more like a casual chit-chat with a buddy, it had a much more informal feeling to it IMO.

Interesting on the car coolness flip flops over time. Several other examples -- the Beetle was in "Top 100 Cars" but now it's satan.

When he's tesing the Audi R8 and hes driving in town and people are looking at it and shocked by the beauty of it, the song then switches to a techno one, and the mood switches to night time and shows a boat.... Does anyone know the name of the song during that time period ? Thanks a lot guys.

Edit: it's about an hour and eight seconds in.

I thought this was significantly better than his last couple of DVD's.

Hell, the G-wiz hitting the table was better all by itself. I had just taken a bite of food when it hit and I nearly choked to death. I was expecting something funny but not that.

I was really hoping for some CCX, but oh well. Still really enjoyed it.

I thought the DVD was great. It doesn't have the same production values as TG--because this isn't Top Gear. Love the cars and I always welcome Jeremy's commentary. It's a combination that cannot lose.

And the G-Wiz vs. Table thing was hilarious. Seeing the trouble Jeremy had with the GT3 was interesting to watch as well!

I thought this was significantly better than his last couple of DVD's.

Hell, the G-wiz hitting the table was better all by itself. I had just taken a bite of food when it hit and I nearly choked to death. I was expecting something funny but not that.

I was really hoping for some CCX, but oh well. Still really enjoyed it.
looked like the table was secured to the ground, but still, a CAR would have ploughed THROUGH it.

in contrast to to "The Good the Bad and the ungly", this was lame at best :? it sort of lacked the Clarkson lunacy and even Sabine couldn't rescue it. I comparison to other clarkson DVD's this apppeared to?be awfully tamed :?

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly was much better than this one in my op..

in contrast to to "The Good the Bad and the ungly", this was lame at best :? it sort of lacked the Clarkson lunacy and even Sabine couldn't rescue it. I comparison to other clarkson DVD's this apppeared to?be awfully tamed :?

5. Veyron is anything but French, and all that footage was from the race across Europe, which is what they did with both Hammond's and May's tests of the car as well.

They probably filmed all the segments that they felt they would need for the sake of reviewing when they had the Veyron for the race from Italy. Bugatti has seemingly made it clear that they do not want the possibility of a lap time on a real circuit (even if it's Ascari's test track) to end up in the wild, for whatever reason some conspiracy theorists think it is.

yea it wasnt a great DVD. But I like the Stig driving the "turbo" car and exploded. I like the part Jeremy use wines to show how LP640 works. the crash of the little electric French car is funny, but Jeremy's crash in that old French car was scary....poor Porsche GT3...crashed, but still beat the R8 lol. the Stig rock!!!

I don?t know where to ask so sorry if it?s OT. Does anybody know the name of the song when JC shows Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano? Thanks for any help.

It's Mirage by Jemstone Productions, Hemstock, Jennings and Stone.

The tune has been recognized here:
http://forums.finalgear.com/entertainment/other-song-requests-1707/page-29/#post587721
and as for the day of writing it, can be found on YouTube
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nvZf8PQPrxI
http://youtube.com/results?search_query=mirage+hemstock+jennings+stone

Sorry for bumping an old thread but I just have to know this.

Does anyone know the full recipe for his LP640 drink?

The stuff that I have found out so far is: Disaronno liqueur, Smirnoff Vodka and Bombay Sapphire Gin.

Can someone please help me with this?

Jeremy himself said it will blow my skull into several thousand pieces.

you've got to be kidding.....

But special for you:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auJ2BIy2QHc[/YOUTUBE]

Sorry for bumping an old thread but I just have to know this.

Does anyone know the full recipe for his LP640 drink?

The stuff that I have found out so far is: Disaronno liqueur, Smirnoff Vodka and Bombay Sapphire Gin.

Can someone please help me with this?

Jeremy himself said it will blow my skull into several thousand pieces.

You are awesome for wanting to drink that!
Don't forget to post a review if you end up dead. :mrgreen: