User Reputation Feature

Status
Not open for further replies.
This completely defeats the purpose of this feature. Someone can have positive rep and decide to act like an ass. How will others know just how much of an ass he/she is!?! :p

Well, then you tell people to stop being noobs and abusing the -1 feature. ;)

Yes, I'd rather have the -1 feature on too so we can -1 bad posts, but some people don't seem mature enough to use it correctly and I'd much, much rather to not have to deal with people complaining about -1 they wrongly received.
That's understandable but it does create a problem; Everyone will just have varying amounts of positive rep and nobody will have any negative. So everybody will look at least reasonably reputable, even the jerks! Kinda defeats the point IMO.

I would love to disagree as well, but for some reason *cough*, mine appears to have broken mysteriously.:blink:
https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/11/11/jadp3t.jpg

:mrgreen:

^This rep thing is like 2 weeks old, I doubt it'll serve as a good judge now. But you've been here long enough, I'm sure you know the users who try to be an idiot and those who actually give out proper information.

EDIT: I just realized something, some people have between 50-149 rep and get 2 boxes, some get 1... is that a bug?

^This rep thing is like 2 weeks old, I doubt it'll serve as a good judge now. But you've been here long enough, I'm sure you know the users who try to be an idiot and those who actually give out proper information.
I don't want to start discussing the feature again, but that's exactly the point. What's it's purpose?

EDIT: I just realized something, some people have between 50-149 rep and get 2 boxes, some get 1... is that a bug?

you get 2 boxes when you break 100 i believe

What if for every negative you give, you lose one of your positives? Or is that just a dumb idea? I'm thinking that only people with good rep should be able to give out bad rep.

What if for every negative you give, you lose one of your positives? Or is that just a dumb idea? I'm thinking that only people with good rep should be able to give out bad rep.

I kinda like that idea... i suppose you could run into an issue where people never give neg rep. ::shrug:: the only time i have ever given neg rep was on an IBTL post

No one would ever -1 then, plus that'd be a MAJOR hack.

Go figure... If your sig wouldn't be too wide, you'd get less -1... hehe

I think removing the -1 was a bad move, kinda defeats the purpose of the system. Just my opinion, though. I'm hugely outspoken at times, and I've only gotten one negative rep so far. As long as you're not being stupid or offensive, I think people are normally reasonable about neg-reps. Why let a few bad apples ruin a good system?

Status
Not open for further replies.