Worst cars ever made

Two words: Ford Pinto

http://img254.imageshack.**/img254/2213/fordpintolj0.jpg

Say what you want about the Aveo, but I'll bet it doesn't explode on contact. This car is dangerous and hideous.

i once saw a suzuki x90 and it looked like a really bad mix between a 4x4, a convertible and a toy car. Kei car or not, that's one thing i wouldn't to be seen in.
And about our romanian Logan, i might have been a little harsh; in my heart i think that it's a good car for a cheap car (they've already sold 500,000).

Last edited:
Two words: Ford Pinto

http://img254.imageshack.**/img254/2213/fordpintolj0.jpg

Say what you want about the Aveo, but I'll bet it doesn't explode on contact. This car is dangerous and hideous.
You're right! I completely forgot about the Pinto. Once saw a small movie showing it catch fire after a small bump in the back from another car. I take my words back, the Metro is a great car compared to this :lol:

i actually think they're quite nice looking. Chevy turned that car around from being a Suzuki/Daewoo and made it their's. it's reliable, safe, and alot better looking than cars in that market (except for the Yaris). plus, its tied up in sales with the Yaris and Fit for last month.

Safe isn't the appropiate characteristic of the Aveo

Structural deformation and spot-weld release indicated that the bodyshell had been overloaded and had become unstable. Rearward movement of the A-pillar was penalised.

it has a star and a half euroncap rating ... i've been in a 1.2 aveo and the driver needed to shutdown the a/c to climb a steep hill and the car had only 2 passangers.

i actually think they're quite nice looking. Chevy turned that car around from being a Suzuki/Daewoo and made it their's. it's reliable, safe, and alot better looking than cars in that market (except for the Yaris). plus, its tied up in sales with the Yaris and Fit for last month.

Safe isn't the appropiate characteristic of the Aveo

Structural deformation and spot-weld release indicated that the bodyshell had been overloaded and had become unstable. Rearward movement of the A-pillar was penalised.

it has a star and a half euroncap rating ... i've been in a 1.2 aveo and the driver needed to shutdown the a/c to climb a steep hill and the car had only 2 passangers including the driver.

Early 1980's VC-VH Holden Commodore with the Starfire 4 cylinder.

Right, early 1980's, oil issues, so what does Holden do? Get an already long in the tooth and thirsty 6 cylinder dating from the early 60's, and chop two cylinders off it, then choke it with 1980's emissions hardware. Then they pop it in their medium-large sedan and call it a day (and farm a few off to Toyota)

What results? A 1.9L engine with just 54-58kW (73-78hp?) that uses more fuel than the 6, and would likely challenge the V8 engines in the fuel economy stakes.

Surely the AMC Pacer's a rubbish car. I don't think we got them here, thank God.

https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/11/12/trailblazer01.jpg
Another GM POS dumped on the market overfilled already. I for one cannot wait for the SUV to diediedie.

It is simple, really. Sell Opel's and Vauxhall's with weeny diesel engines to come under the line for corporate emissions, then foist this shit on the American consumer. Folks, what you see here is a truck SUV car from the 1940's, with a marginally updated interior. I am all for profit and freedom of choice, but GM has the last laugh with this. It is so cheap for them to make, while technology found in the Corvette is for the scant few.

Humbug.

LOL im just going to laugh off that ATTEMPT to put my truck down.

You see. The problem is, the Ford Explorer is a pile. The Dodge Durango is a pile, and the Jeep Grand Cherokee is a pile. They all have rubbish engines with terrible gas mileage.

That, is a BODY ON FRAME (YOU KNOW WHAT THAT IS?) SUV. Its got a 291hp I6 (find me another NA truck with a 6 cyl that makes 290hp) and a tough enough suspension so people can TOW with it. Its a TRUCK! With 4X4 BASED to the rear. Non of this crossover bullsh** with FWD.

Its for people who want a midsized TRUCK with a good engine that you can still use for towing and getting around town some what efficently.

If you want to talk about a POS American car, post a picture of the Durango or Explorer. A couple of piles.

You're right! I completely forgot about the Pinto. Once saw a small movie showing it catch fire after a small bump in the back from another car. I take my words back, the Metro is a great car compared to this :lol:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glcj0szvevU[/YOUTUBE]
I love Top Secret! :D

As for the topic, I'm fairly sure the worst car I'll ever drive is a Chevy Beretta. Words cannot express my hatred for it. I guess I'll start with the interior. The driving position is horrid. The pedals are so far under the dash that they get to your destination long before you do. The clutch pedal required the combined strength of all the Greek gods to push. And in order to be able to fully press the clutch I had to move the seat so far up that the ridiculously large steering wheel was in my chest. Having the seat up so far put the armrests behind me, making it even more unbearable. The seat itself couldn't have been less comfortable if it had been made of concrete covered in fabric. As for the suspension, I've felt better ride quality from cheap roller blades riding over rough concrete. Performance: oh dear! 0-60 in our Beretta with a 5 speed and 3.1 V6: 13.2. 0-60 in my automatic Disco: 10.5. What made the Beretta even worse was that the front tires would spin like crazy if there was even a hint of moisture on the road so that made it accelerate even slower. As far as the brakes, well I've stepped in fresh dog poo that felt less squishy than the brake pedal did. The only thing I accomplished by bleeding the brakes was wasting my time. If the person responsible for designing the wipers is reading this, did you eat lead paint chips as a child? Why on earth would you design wipers that push all the water directly into the driver's line of sight? In heavy rain I was effectively blind for about a second every time the wipers cycled. And you turn the wipers off because you don't need then anymore, right? Then why the hell did they wipe again when I turned them off?? Arrrrgh!!! How can one car contain so much fail and suck??

Chevy Beretta: all the drawbacks of a 1970's supercar with none of the benefits.

2) VN Commodore - I was subjected to long trips in the back of one as a little kid with my grandfather. I remember the road noise was horrendous and the ride more like being in a boat than a car. I used to give me headaches.

The VN wasn't THAT bad, it's backseats are relatively comfortable for you to wake up in after a night of heavy drinking :p

This car was described as being slow and very mediocre to drive. Not bad necessarily, it just doesn't stand out.

Well, i dunno about standing out.

I notice a bright yellow Aveo 5 door a lot more than an Outback Subaru or somthing lol

And another HORRIBLE car.

Ford Taurus
2006_Ford_Taurus_ext_1.jpg

My grandmother has one. Drove it for a week. Just garbage.

Less power than an ox cart, it squats with LITERALLY nothing in the backseat, its butteffin ugly, AND it has a colum mounted shifter.

Fiat Seicento
seicento_oem.jpg

Daewoo Tico :barf:
1067.jpg

Daewoo Tico :barf:
1067.jpg

The Tico was made in Romania and a more plain car you can't get. You can see from a kilometer that it's got no soul and that it's a box on 4 small wheels with a hamster for a engine!

^^
I didn't know it was made in Romania. There are some Ticos in Poland. This car makes me lough when passes by. Especially in dark pink colour :) It is one of the cheapest cars to buy there. ~3000PLN = 1200USD

[/IMG]
worst ever car is the Austin Metro.
Image speaks for itself.

The Metro is actually a very good oft-overlooked car.
It used the engine, tranny and drivetrain from the Mini along with the suspension structures which meant it handled as well as a Mini. It also had a pretty cool Hydrogas (or something like that) suspension system that was very effective.

ITs ugly, but the lada is a cool car :D I'd rather have one then a DB9.

Doesnt need to be good looking, exclusive or fast to be cool.

The Tico was made in Romania, I know because i live there. The factory was bought by Ford who's planing to build the new Fiesta here.