Twerp128

Car(s)
'91 Miata, '09 Street Triple
2.jpg

Rear.jpg

IMG_2040.jpg

Gauges.jpg

Front.jpg

I've never seen those dials or steering wheel before. Things certainly changed between '83 and '89!!!

Good to see you got the right colour as well (sorry MXM, yours is still nice, though;))

Had it since new? 2nd hand? You're missing the rear screen wiper...

:thumbsup: for another 944

I like how optimisticly they've limited odometer to 100k miles :) How many miles does it really have?

EDIT:
Had it since new? 2nd hand? You're missing the rear screen wiper...

Erm... Age: 20

And rear screen wiper is so useless.. Too bad it leaves a hole if you take it off :)

Last edited:
Nice - I've occasionally considered getting an old 944, but I've always been scared off by potential maintenance costs.

The tachometer looks like it came from a tractor.. but a very nice car. Paint looks great on it.

Looks like it is in great condition! Congrats!

I'd get so confused with the Tach... MXM, do you have the same tach? It looks so weird, and I wonder if the Asian versions of the 944 are limited to 100,000km... lol

Andy, no, I have the '86 car, which is post-update. So interior is different, and so is instrument cluster.

Here's a very very old picture (taken on a day I bought the car :)):

https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/11/13/08.jpg

Great car! I love the 944! Don't like any other Porsche except for the 'hate to love it' 997 GT3.

Great car, man. Looks great.

I love those Porsches, and I was thinking of getting one as a second car sometime last year. They were a bit too pricey here to fill the second car role, so I gave that one up for now, sadly.

That tacho would freak me out for a bit though!

Nice car! I've always liked the 944, I've looked into getting one many times, though matence has always been looming, Waterpump FTW.

Is that engine Single or Twin cam? With the engine canted so far I can't tell.
Nice car! I've always liked the 944, I've looked into getting one many times, though matence has always been looming, Waterpump FTW.

You wouldn't be saying that if you had to buy one. I recall looking on a porsche parts site and seeing $350-600 depending on exact 944 model.

I still wouldn't mind one myself, I just couldn't convince myself that the prices for parts are justifiable.

I've never seen those dials or steering wheel before. Things certainly changed between '83 and '89!!!

I'd get so confused with the Tach... MXM, do you have the same tach? It looks so weird, and I wonder if the Asian versions of the 944 are limited to 100,000km... lol

Interior was redesigned in mid-1985 to be specific. Pretty cool to see some 944's on the forum. I didn't ever notice MXM had one as well. A buddy of mine has a '87 944 Turbo which I've helped him do quite a bit of work as well as modification to. They're fun cars.

Those are still the VW/ Audi dials the 924 came with. That is a very nice Porsche-tuned Audi you have there :p ;) :tease:

Neh, just trying to annoy MXM :p. I've always loved the 924 and 944 models. Does yours still have the dogleg 5-speed box? Have fun with it!

Wow there are an awful lot of 944s on this site.

It's a great car but I will probably be selling it next spring, partly because of the maintenance, water pumps, the seat actually unbolted itself, and most recently I have a spark problem, not sure if it's the coil or what? And partly because I have a new job where I drive a lot, probably buy a CBR600.

I will be saving for a second car though, possibly a 2nd gen Rx7 or a Mk2 GTi, maybe a E30 BMW. I still got a thing for 944s though, definetly a post '85 though, even if they don't have the cool backwards tach.

You wouldn't be saying that if you had to buy one. I recall looking on a porsche parts site and seeing $350-600 depending on exact 944 model.

I still wouldn't mind one myself, I just couldn't convince myself that the prices for parts are justifiable.

I don't see your argument, because it's exactly the same as mine.

I don't see your argument, because it's exactly the same as mine.

To do my water pump it cost me $120 for a refurbished pump, $50 to rent pulley puller/pushers, $40 for new belts, $20 for new antifreeze, and $450 for a belt tensioner. Almost $700 for a water pump, the car cost me four grand. Porsche wanted to charge me $1,700. I also hear the clutch is a bitch to do.

Oh and the one thing my pre-85 has goin' for it is the Fuchs, phone dials are just ugly.