Do these (Camaros) look the same to you?

Do these (Camaros) look the same to you?

• Total voters

wooflepoof

WoofleDay
Car(s)
Genesis Sedan 3.8
I'm in an argument with my roommate who says all the Camaro bodies look pretty much the same. Or rather "you can tell it's a Camaro without looking at the badge" from all the generations." So my question is, if you were to look at the 68, '78, 88, and 98 Camaros assuming you're and average Joe who's only ssenn one but not the others, could you tell each one of the others was a Camaro without looking at the badging? I know the original and the '09 look the same-ish but the original argument was that they're just being lazy and making the new cars look like the originals and she said all Camaros look the same because they had the same body style.

Keep in mind this is assuming you're not a car enthusiast just the average Joe; also note that you're looking at them all as a whole not just 2 that kinda look alike.

PS I didn't know where to put this because I didn't want it lost in the fast paced world of Random Thoughts.

'68
http://img158.imageshack.**/img158/3748/68camarorssutherlandol3.jpg
'78
78camaro222.jpg

'88
http://img158.imageshack.**/img158/4426/88irocfe3.jpg
'98
http://img57.imageshack.**/img57/7278/car27zn5.gif

Last edited:
Besides the fact that they all have 2 doors, nothing else is the same.

i can tell they are all camaros, JUST because i like Camaros.

But if i was somone who didnt know squat about cars, i would probably think they are all different.

They are by far, not the same vehicle in every year.

to my objective and untrained eye the only things they all share as far as looks go are

2 doors
whaletail style rear spoiler
stripes of some sort (tho this could just be custom paint work on the cars shown)

The Camaro was a very evolutionary design, unlike the mustang, so I think it would be very tough to recognize each generation without knowing prior. Only thing that might be a clue is the slight ducktale rear spoiler. Its kind of funny they got worse looking as the years progressed.

The Camaro was a very evolutionary design, unlike the mustang, so I think it would be very tough to recognize each generation without knowing prior. Only thing that might be a clue is the slight ducktale rear spoiler. Its kind of funny they got worse looking as the years progressed.

i actually agree, sort of.

I do think the 1970 year change was a bad idea, but that body style somehow worked on the Pontiacs. Then I think the car got decent looking in the 80s, but i really dislike the 90s Camaros, they look very bland to me.

I have similar complaints about mustangs though, with the low-point easily being the 1994 model year change, once it squared off it got better looking again. However i don't really care about that in the Mustang, i've driven both and i find the Mustang more fun, particularly because the Camaro just sounds like a vacuum cleaner, the Mustang sounds like a Engine (with stock exhaust)

The overall shape of the cars look similar to me but the details tend to hide it. The grilles from the 78 on all look sort of like each other. And all those cars have the same sort of crease running along the sides. But if I hadn't grown up seeing tons of Camaros everyday and at every car show I probably wouldn't notice the similarities.

They are all awesome :D

[YOUTUBE]zBFD1niqftQ[/YOUTUBE]

2 door, small block v8 (or v6 if you have a vagina), RWD, low, cheap, fun.

They are all awesome :D

[YOUTUBE]zBFD1niqftQ[/YOUTUBE]

2 door, small block v8 (or v6 if you have a vagina), RWD, low, cheap, fun.

what a girlie man burnout that was :rolleyes:, this is how real men do it

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Hbn9NG1VhPw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=_XueWMBF9vY[/YOUTUBE]

Keep in mind this is assuming you're not a car enthusiast just the average Joe; also note that you're looking at them all as a whole not just 2 that kinda look alike.

Like my girlfriend?... No, they're not the same.

If I showed them to her she'd thing the first ones pretty because it's red. The second one looks like a fish. The third one is the car Will Ferrel drives in Old School, and the last one was a police car.

The '88 and '98 look more related than any of the others, but even then it takes a bit of imagination.

Like my girlfriend?... No, they're not the same.

If I showed them to her she'd thing the first ones pretty because it's red. The second one looks like a fish. The third one is the car Will Ferrel drives in Old School, and the last one was a police car.

That was a 1977 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am...

77TransAm_0k_medium.JPG

...and possibly the only good thing about that movie. :thumbsdown:

I think the average joe would have a problem telling if it was a Camaro or Firebird. Hell even I have trouble telling what is what from a distance.

Most people I've met can usually tell a Camaro/firebird is a Camaro/firebird without any effort. But I don't know of anyone who says they all look the same.

Stick an 88 next to a 68, and they look completely different. In all honesty, the first gen seems to be a bit of an odd ball compared to the rest.

How is this different from the evolution of any other car? Every good car maintains its signature look, just modernizing itself for every major redesign.

Tell your roommate I think he's an idiot :p

The last one you posted was the 93 to 97 ones.

The last ones (1998 to 2002) are with the round headlights.

Last edited:
The last one you posted was the 93 to 97 ones.

The last ones (1998 to 2002) are with the round headlights.

sry, just pasted what google gave me.:) I'll fix it after I finish studying for food microbio since it looks less like the others thean the one i have now.