Worst cars ever made

Alfa Romeo Arna. The idea of a joint venture between a Japanese and Italian car rather makes sense unless you let the Japanese create the styling and hand all the technical components over to the Italians. That car was a failure and deserved to be one.

My heart aches but i have to say a Zastava Yugo or Zastava 101.
I really love them, becouse when I was a kid everybody had them, and it has some serious nostalgic potential.

The truth is they were awfull. Badly built, some (most) will say ugly, and ... well... dangerous.
800px-Zastava_101_back.jpg

Zastava 101

yugo1984b.jpg

Yugo.

I love them, but they were shite.

I'm sorry guys, but have you driven a Dacia Logan that you say it is ok? I have driven one and it was terrible! Plastic on the inside, incredibly loud, wobbly, slow and incredibly ugly. I would never drive one again! It is the worst car ever for me!
The Daewoo Tico is a cheap car but it wasn't that bad - I've seen Tico's used as taxis with 500 000 km on the clock (300 and something thousand miles).
I've also driven a "Chevy" Aveo and it wasn't bad for its price.

And lastly, believe it or not - a friend of mine bought a Ssang Yong Actyon because she thought it was PRETTY! I tried to convince her not to do it but she wouldn't listen...

The Metro is actually a very good oft-overlooked car.
It used the engine, tranny and drivetrain from the Mini along with the suspension structures which meant it handled as well as a Mini. It also had a pretty cool Hydrogas (or something like that) suspension system that was very effective.

But the engine, tranny and drivetrain where from the 50's, the hydrogas suspension was prone to failure, the rust proofing was dreadful and there was also the slight problem of the car not being waterproof because of seals not being fitted properly, it was also ugly and unreliable...other than that its a great car! (My grandad had one when I was a kid, it still gives me nightmares)

Although surely we can all agree:
allegro-f3q-blue.jpg

It doesn't get much worse than this, at least it was aerodynamic going backwards thou :p

Before the Hyundai Excel came an even worse car (if you can believe it). The Hyundai Pony:

Pony_Presto.jpg

A dealership near my house at the time had these priced as two for $9,000. I've never seen cars sold in bulk before.

Alfa Romeo Arna. The idea of a joint venture between a Japanese and Italian car rather makes sense unless you let the Japanese create the styling and hand all the technical components over to the Italians. That car was a failure and deserved to be one.

Talk about backasswards. Should have just taken an Alfa chassis and mechanicals, send it to japan to have it made reliable and properly built then threw it on the market... they would have owned then.

4) Nissan Tiida (not sure it its called something else too) - Worst new car I've ever driven, you know it's bad when the super-basic car it replaced was a better car full stop. It reminded me of an old Korean car. I was minding it for a friend and was so happy when she came back from Sydney and took it away. There was a reason I tried to talk her out of buying one! :blowup::bangin:

I hope it wasn't a manual.. I've heard bad stories about them! :p

4) Nissan Tiida (not sure it its called something else too) - Worst new car I've ever driven, you know it's bad when the super-basic car it replaced was a better car full stop. It reminded me of an old Korean car. I was minding it for a friend and was so happy when she came back from Sydney and took it away. There was a reason I tried to talk her out of buying one!

Nissan Versa. We sell a shitload of them at my dealer and the customers seem to like them, and virtually no warranty work, just oil changes. :dunno:

The ZAZ Tavria. I still maintain a soft spot for Eastern Bloc cars, but this one truly horrendous. It had no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/11/13/tavria.jpg

Oh God, what was Australia thinking? Handling like a dog on wet linoleum I seem to recall a family friend calling it.
https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/11/13/wheelmarinapage.jpg

what do hate for the Chrystler K-Car?

K-cars.jpg

the only good thing about Plymoth Reliant K was that it had a front bench seat....

and if you drove it fast towards a snow enbankment it would sort of sled over the snow if it was deep enough we used to go "car sledding" in some terraced parking lots in worcester (QCC for those of you that might know)

Well, i dunno about standing out.

I notice a bright yellow Aveo 5 door a lot more than an Outback Subaru or somthing lol

And another HORRIBLE car.

Ford Taurus
2006_Ford_Taurus_ext_1.jpg

My grandmother has one. Drove it for a week. Just garbage.

Less power than an ox cart, it squats with LITERALLY nothing in the backseat, its butteffin ugly, AND it has a colum mounted shifter.
The Taurus doesn't belong anywhere near this list.

What's good about a bench seat? I think it is a ridiculous idea.
I have some respect for the K cars because they were the base for the Dodge Omni and Daytona, which I for some odd reason like a lot... :D

what do hate for the Chrystler K-Car?

K-cars.jpg

the only good thing about Plymoth Reliant K was that it had a front bench seat....

and if you drove it fast towards a snow enbankment it would sort of sled over the snow if it was deep enough we used to go "car sledding" in some terraced parking lots in worcester (QCC for those of you that might know)

you bring up a car i hate even more!! the Dodge Omni

11232-1987-Dodge-Omni.jpg

It was a complete copy styling wise of the U.S. market VW Rabbit, and because of that i think many people mistake the perfectly excellent rabbit for being a car for careless people and communists.

Its terrible. Go drive one. Generic transportation, AT ITS BEST!

Rental car FTW!

I've driven Tauruses before, they aren't that bad. Especially not for a "Worst cars ever made" list. You regularly drive a Trailblazer, I would much rather drive a Taurus over a Trailblazer any day. I'm not making fun of you for driving a Trailblazer, but I don't see how you can say a Taurus is the worst car ever made because of the way it drives when you normally drive a Trailblazer.

you bring up a car i hate even more!! the Dodge Omni

11232-1987-Dodge-Omni.jpg

It was a complete copy styling wise of the U.S. market VW Rabbit, and because of that i think many people mistake the perfectly excellent rabbit for being a car for careless people and communists.

What about the GLH and the GLHS variants? Those were some hot little cars.

Think harder. A few good ideas come to mind for me. :p

lol :D That's not why you buy a car though:)

However, I think I have found one of the worst cars in the world: the mighty Moskvitch
CIMG0336.JPG

I remember being driven in one and now, 10 years later I can still remember the horrible suspension (if there was any!) and the loud, gutless motor. The car struggled to keep to 70mph!

I've driven Tauruses before, they aren't that bad. Especially not for a "Worst cars ever made" list. You regularly drive a Trailblazer, I would much rather drive a Taurus over a Trailblazer any day. I'm not making fun of you for driving a Trailblazer, but I don't see how you can say a Taurus is the worst car ever made because of the way it drives when you normally drive a Trailblazer.

I like 4 doors and speed. Taurus is slower than a snail. My truck is faster than it.

And really you guys. You call the Trailblazer trash. Drive one every day. You get used to it and you really learn to love it and forget about its little flaws like the horrid interior (which i like, its cozy in a gray plastic sort of way)

Its a very good truck with a very good engine.

The Taurus.... eh i couldnt bond with that car if i was forced to.

I have a book called "Automotive Atrocities" and is a very entertaining book, highly recommended if you can find it.

I will have to go with this....
This thing is so terrifyingly ugly, I think I would vomit if I saw one.
large_pacer.jpg