[10x05] November 11th, 2007

I finally managed to watch this episode. It is great! Great news that they will ship Oliver to UK. I hope they will use it (him ;) ) in next episodes.

I don't want to see anymore Aston Martin Vantage road tests...ever. I feel like I'm seeing the same cars over and over and over. It would actually be better if they tested something other than a super car every now and then. Watching someone drive the same super cars over and over is a little dull. I enjoyed the season of 5th gear that just ended more than this season of Top Gear so far. I'm hoping for a great episode this Sunday.

Aston

Aston

You are right they seem to have reviewed a lot of Astons!!
It could be possibly because they like to promote "British" cars.

About Fifth gear being better than Top Gear, I totally disagree.

Hmmm, Simon Cowell said thanks to fifth gear recommend Rolls Royce, but when the first time Simon came to TopGear, he ordered a Maybach 62 because he dislike the Rolls Royce.....hmmmm

Hmmm, Simon Cowell said thanks to fifth gear recommend Rolls Royce, but when the first time Simon came to TopGear, he ordered a Maybach 62 because he dislike the Rolls Royce.....hmmmm

People as rich as him don't really care for the most part. He didn't even know which cars he owned. Then he said he didn't and couldn't drive them at all. I think he's a funny person though.

good point, they just try to making fun to each others. I really want to see Jeremy to be the judge of x-Factor =D, that will be fun.

Cowell a bit tiring playing his gay obnoxious act once more.
it all comes down to britney vs jimmy paige in the end...

Was just re-watching the ep - and did spot something interesting. It is a long shot, but could this be Top Gear Dog? (38:15-38:19, and 38:28-38:32 of the rip)
https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/11/17/tgd2.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/11/17/tgd1.jpg

But I think the attitude of Cowell, this time is better than when his first time visited TopGear.

^^ No that is not the TopGear dog.
TopGear dog have tail, that one dont. I think.

"The Stig" there wasn't the real Stig, it was the Renault test driver at the time [Heikki Kovalienen? (sp?)]

Probably Franck Montagny at that time; Kovalainen only became Renault's official test driver about 6 months later.

And in those photos higher up the page, that surely is TG Dog, with a limp tail.

Ok, so this is getting serious now...

CAPARO LAYS CLAIM TO TOP GEAR POWER LAP

Company says production car's adjustable suspension will clear speed bumps

Caparo, maker of the outlandish T1, has asked Top Gear for another crack at the programme?s Power Lap leader board.

The T1 set a lap time of 1:10.6 - seven seconds quicker than the Koenigsegg CCX which held the previous record.

However the rules state a car is only allowed on the leader board if it can drive over a speed bump.

Top Gear?s makers decided the Caparo T1 would be unable to do this and removed it from the top of the leader board.

Caparo now claims the production car will be fitted with an adjustable suspension and will therefore be eligible for the Power Lap.

Angad Paul, chief executive officer of Caparo, said: 'We certainly hope that the Caparo T1 is given another chance by Top Gear to take its rightful place at the top of the leader board; even if they put a speed bump on the track we are confident of our success.

The vehicle?s designer, Ben Scott-Geddes added: 'The model we supplied to Top Gear was one of our final engineering vehicles without adjustable ride height and electronic active driver control systems which are standard on our production models.

'When driver?s select the "road" setting, the car is more tractable in slower speed conditions and the ride height is fully adjustable to bring the car up to 90mm clearance, making it more than capable of driving over speed bumps.'

But the Caparo could face stiff opposition if another car, the Ultima GTR720, gets a chance at the Power Lap leader board.

British supercar manufacturer Ultima recently celebrated its 15th anniversary by smashing the lap record on the Top Gear test track.

The Ultima used was fully road legal, with standard tyres, and was even driven to the test track.

Ultima?s director, Richard Marlow, said the company has approached Top Gear on a number of occasions to let the Stig take the wheel of the GTR but has been repeatedly turned down.

They used their own benchmark driver to get the independent figure of 1:12.8, two seconds off the Caparo.

But Mr Marlow wouldn?t rule out further attempts at an even quicker lap with their more powerful and faster GTR800 variant.
No, it isn't a joke...

God the London race looked like it had a production budget of a small box office movie. Man Top Gear goes all out. Fantastic episode. However Simon Cowell was rather annoying, and the Naomi Campbell joke was more then predictable, thus making it stupid.

So... did Jeremy ever register his Lambo as a mini-cab?

Sorry, if someone already mentioned this, but I found something funny. Just look at the Caparo review and when the time 19:29 comes, look carefully for 2-3 seconds in upright corner. You'll find some pretty stupid death there :)