Evo X versus new STi?

Redv

Car(s)
Evo IX
I'm new to the forum so forgive me if I'm not posting in the right area.

Just wondering if anyone has heard if Top Gear has any plans for another Evo versus STi review? Now that the new Evo X is out in Japan and I believe the STi will be out shortly as well hopefully Top Gear will be able to get some in for testing.

As a current Evo IX owner it's definitely something I'd like to see. :thumbup:

Grand Rapids? Evo IX? so your that asshole!! :p

Would love to see the test someday as well, but I'm more of a Soobie fan myself, especially now that the STi is a kinky hatchback

I actually like the new STi more then the new EVO. It's been growing on me.

The new EVO looks tame and unimpressive.

I'd like to see the evo thrash the sti

There is no longer a reason to compare the STi to the EVO, one is a hot hatch the other is a fast 4 door salone. Compare the STi to the other hatches and the Evo is probably comparable with the new Vauxhall VXR8

The STI used to be aggressive, but hideous. Now it looks soft and hideous.

I saw a new Lancer today. It was white. It looked great.

The STI used to be aggressive, but hideous. Now it looks soft and hideous.

I saw a new Lancer today. It was white. It looked great.

I dont' know i think the Black one at the LA auto show doesn't look soft at all

stiwrx1.jpg

medium_2034654269_bb32a96b7f_o.jpg

gah i have a weakness for Turbo AWD Hatchbacks.....

can't decide.... can't decide

brain aneurism!

/Head Asplode!!!

What hot hatch would the STi compare to? Just wondering. Off the top of my head I can't think of any other AWD 300-hp hatchback that could compare to the STi.
I love the new STi, but I think the new Evo is just OK. It's gone from being a bad-boy car to a more tame, more manageable everyday car.

What hot hatch would the STi compare to? Just wondering. Off the top of my head I can't think of any other AWD 300-hp hatchback that could compare to the STi.
I love the new STi, but I think the new Evo is just OK. It's gone from being a bad-boy car to a more tame, more manageable everyday car.

how much power does the Audi S3 make

EDIT: 265bhp

And what's your basis for that? Have you seen any pre X vs X comparisons? Have you driven one yourself and have enough expertise in the field to give the conclusion?

the way i see it, they've kept and improved on the things the old evos excelled in, i.e. handling and performance, and improved the things they were bad in, i.e. internal build quality, looks, etc.

This has, yes, made the evo a more managable every day car, but it hasn't made it any less of a beast when you want it to be. The gap between the evo and impreza sti has increased over the generations (if the TG test track and the stig can be taken as valid proof), and there's no reason to believe it won't continue with this generation as well.

upon further consideration i am going to say that i like the EVO more. With the Caveat that when the STi Type RA Spec-C becomes available (or if Mazda makes the next Mazdaspeed3 AWD) i can switch without incuring any fanboy loyalty penalty.

This has, yes, made the evo a more managable every day car, but it hasn't made it any less of a beast when you want it to be. The gap between the evo and impreza sti has increased over the generations (if the TG test track and the stig can be taken as valid proof), and there's no reason to believe it won't continue with this generation as well.

Who buys a car for how well it performs on the track anyway? 1/10000?

Who buys a car for how well it performs on the track anyway? 1/10000?

most Americans :p

how do you think the Corvette could have gone as such a wild handling car for so many years! Simple, it had the excuse that even on a tight short-course it could turn great lap-times if you knew how to drive one. I think were the Germans make a car great technically as well as to drive, but dull in the look and sound department. We can make a car just as fast, more interesting to hear and look at, but with huge flaws in the interior or the handling (aka "deadly")

Last edited:
EVO owners need not worry about track time, unless they really want to void their warranties.