Random Thoughts....

I love snow for it's amazing school closing/delaying properties.

Like it's just done now. :) (delayed opening)

First snow of the year here. Not a lot of snow but it was very foggy at some parts.

https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/11/19/Image041.jpg

First snow of the year here. Not a lot of snow but it was very foggy at some parts.

https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/11/19/Image041.jpg

Well that's strange. Manchester and Scranton getting their first snow of the season at the same time?

We got about 4-6 inches here. I couldn't go to sushi last night with people from work because the roads were bad, but it was absolutely gorgeous falling. Nothing like walking into the woods and listening to the snow fall - just awesome.

I must really have no life, Ive just spent 15 mins configuring Macs. Beat this:

Mac Pro
Specifications
* Two 3.0GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
* 16GB (8 x 2GB)
* NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500 512MB, Stereo 3D (2 x dual-link DVI)
* 750GB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb/s
* Two 16x SuperDrives
* Both Bluetooth 2.0+EDR and AirPort Extreme
* Mac Pro RAID Card
* Quad Channel 4Gb Fibre Channel PCI Express Card
* Apple Keyboard & Mighty Mouse - British (wireless)
* Mac OS X (English)
* iWork '08
* Aperture 1.5
* Logic Express 8
* Apple Cinema HD Display (30" flat panel)
* AppleCare Protection Plan for Mac Pro - Auto-enroll

* Five USB ports
* Two FireWire 400 ports
* Two FireWire 800 ports

Price:
?11,023.00

Mac Pro
Specifications
* 16GB (8 x 2GB)
* Two 16x SuperDrives
* Mac Pro RAID Card
* Mac OS X (English)
* iWork '08
* Aperture 1.5
* Logic Express 8

* Five USB ports
* Two FireWire 400 ports
* Two FireWire 800 ports

Price:
?11,023.00

pfft. Can be beaten easily by a Dell config page. Just order 100 printers on the side.

Last night I dreamed I was riding through down some winding roads when I passed 3 speedtraps in a row and got paranoid about doing 35 in a 30...on my bicycle.:blink:

Last night I dreamed I was riding through down some winding roads when I passed 3 speedtraps in a row and got paranoid about doing 35 in a 30...on my bicycle.:blink:

I once got flashed by a speed camera on my road bike. I shit it for a second then realised I was a) on a bike and you can't be done for speeding on a bike, and b) how the hell could they work out who I was anyway.

Mac Pro
Specifications
* 16GB (8 x 2GB)
* Two 16x SuperDrives
* Mac Pro RAID Card
* Mac OS X (English)
* iWork '08
* Aperture 1.5
* Logic Express 8

* Five USB ports
* Two FireWire 400 ports
* Two FireWire 800 ports

Price:
?11,023.00

You know you can cut that price in half if you buy the HDDs, RAM, keyboard, and mouse on newegg. Plus you can get rid of the useless protection plan.

I'd price it all out for you if I wasn't at work, but you can save a lot if you get parts from anybody but apple.

And check out Falcon Northwest or VoodooPC if you really want to blow a wad of cash on a computer.

*Picture*

No snow down here yet. Its been very foggy and wet though. A few years ago in November, the snow was very very heavy, heaviest in the country i think at the time.

You know you can cut that price in half if you buy the HDDs, RAM, keyboard, and mouse on newegg. Plus you can get rid of the useless protection plan.

I'd price it all out for you if I wasn't at work, but you can save a lot if you get parts from anybody but apple.

And check out Falcon Northwest or VoodooPC if you really want to blow a wad of cash on a computer.

I don't think you caught this, but he spec'd it that way to see what would result in the highest price.

I don't think you caught this, but he spec'd it that way to see what would result in the highest price.

I know, I was just saying that you can have all the same components for half the price if you buy them through anybody but apple and install them yourself.

Getting the price of a system really high isn't too hard, but I like seeing how much money you can save when you order your hardware from other places and install them yourself rather than paying the OEM to do it for you.

I know, I was just saying that you can have all the same components for half the price if you buy them through anybody but apple and install them yourself.

Getting the price of a system really high isn't too hard, but I like seeing how much money you can save when you order your hardware from other places and install them yourself rather than paying the OEM to do it for you.

gotcha

In other news, Mos Def is coming to U of M for MLK day but I'm pretty sure that tickets will be sold out once I have some cash to blow. :lol:

gotcha

In other news, Mos Def is coming to U of M for MLK day but I'm pretty sure that tickets will be sold out once I have some cash to blow. :lol:

Dude, that's always how it goes.

Same friggin thing happened when NIN was on the With_Teeth tour last year.

I'm still pissed I missed that show, especially considering how long it will be until he comes back to the US for the Year Zero tour.

*Picture of fog and snow*

Well, you're having your first signs of winter, we're having our first real signs of summer. Yesterday it was about 37C with a hot northerly and today it's already around 30C with a feral northerly. Hurrah!

There's always the Money Tree. You can go in and have one of those friendly caterpillars give you an advance. :p

Doesn't that ruin your whole Christmas? It's not even the same here without the white stuff, I can't even picture Christmas when it's 30 degrees out. :blink:

Well, you're having your first signs of winter, we're having our first real signs of summer. Yesterday it was about 37C with a hot northerly and today it's already around 30C with a feral northerly. Hurrah!