Liquor

My local store sometimes has specials. I got my current bottle for about $25. I also have a bottle of Effen Black Cherry which I paid that much for as well.

I cannot drink much hard liquor anymore because of bad experiences; for example, if I even smell bourbon I will gag or vomit.

So the only thing I have is a bottle of Disaronno which is quite good with Ginger Ale..

https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/11/20/strongstuff.jpg
Yes, that does read 96.6%. And it's the strongest thing I ever had. NICE. It's the sort of thing I would only recommend for people who hold their liquor best. NOT for the weak of stomack.

As one of my friends puts it: "It's a party in a shot".

I usually stick with 40-80% though, so I don't get smashed as quickly. But sometimes it calls for a celebration.

Here's what I've been drinking:

Bushmills Irish whiskey. (note: the Irish put an 'e' in whiskey, the Scots spell it without the 'e'). Nice, smooth flavour, much smoother and slightly sweeter than a scotch. If you've tried Jamesons (which is much more popular, at least in Aus), give Bushmills a try - I did and I haven't looked back.

The Glenlivet 15 year old. Single malt Scotch whisky. really packs a punch in intensity. Very nice step up from your usual blended Scotch like Chivas, Johnny Walker Black, etc.

Having had a single malt or two here and there, I can honestly say that I do not mind the taste of blended whiskeys. The cheapest single malt my local shop sells is about 45, and this is about half that. We've been working on that red label for about a month and a half now and I feel like I'm ready to step up.

Damn, there's about a dozen single malt whiskies over here that are actually cheaper than Johnny Walker Black Label. And of course there's no point in discussing taste. I can't really comment on the taste of JWBL, it's been almost 10 years since i last had a taste.

https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/11/20/strongstuff.jpg
Yes, that does read 96.6%. And it's the strongest thing I ever had. NICE. It's the sort of thing I would only recommend for people who hold their liquor best. NOT for the weak of stomack.

I love a spot of spirt in the morning!

Actually, that's an utter lie. I can't really drink anything that's more than 40% straight.

My local store sometimes has specials. I got my current bottle for about $25. I also have a bottle of Effen Black Cherry which I paid that much for as well.
$25? For a litre or a 0.7?? Either way they that is way cheaper than here and i think you even have higher taxes in the US. That is bad tactical pricing again. Any idea what Belvedere or Absolut cost?
I have never seen Effen before even though it's Dutch...:cry: Well Holland isnt a Vodka producer in my eyes anyway.

Ok, here's how it goes.
My local liquor store has biweekly sales. I bought my grey goose on sale. It's usually $30 for a .75 L bottle. Belvedere is slightly more and absolut is much less. It's about 20-25 for the absolut.

I highly recommend the effen, it beat out the goose in a double taste test yesterday among my friends.