Finalgear US roadtrip lodging list

British_Rover

Car(s)
2005 Gr Cherokee, dealer demo
Inspired by this post... http://forums.finalgear.com/showpost.php?p=513582&postcount=37

We really need to work out a FinalGear Exchange program - organize lodging and such for other members when they travel. Avanti, I would love to, but I don't own the Jeep anymore and I've moved out to California.

Please feel free to give better title suggestions.

When I was in college we took several cool roadtrips but by far the coolest was a trip to the Kitchner/Waterlou area for the largest octoberfest in North America. The problem was since we were poor college students we could barely afford the gas money to get there let alone lodging. I went with my two roommates, a guy and a girl, that I had known forever. We drove straight through never stopping and stayed at my roommates's boyfriend's house. That would have been ok except my other roommate was screwing her and it all came out during the week we spent there. Awkward does not begin to describe the situation.

Anyway the point of this thread is to organize people who would help fellow finalgear members when they are on road trips or want to visit different parts of the country. For example I live about 45 minutes from Lime Rock raceway.

http://www.limerock.com/

I am sure plenty of other members live near other cool race tracks, automotive attractions or just cool places. So what I propose is a list of members who would be willing to have some other member stay a night or two while on a road trip or visiting an attraction. I would suggest that people put any restrictions or caveats in your post about your location. For example if you have your own house with plenty of room list that but if you live in a one bedroom studio apartment it is important to list that. Just reply to this thread and I will edit this post to add your name to the list.

British_Rover:
Location Northwestern Corner of Conn. in the United States: Torrington, CT

Be aware that I am married and although my wife is pretty damn cool she is much less tolerant of rude behavior or too much cocking about then myself. Also since I am married I would have to check with her before I can agree to have anyone crash at my house. I do have a fair amount of room in my house with two spare bedrooms and a large living room/den with a big couch.

Lime Rock is about 45 minutes away but that is really the only automotive oriented attraction nearby. Keep in mind that lime rock does not allow an engine to turn over on the track on Sunday.

Spectre

Tech/Mech support in the Dallas, Texas/North Central Texas area

JipJopJones

Local Knowledge contact and guide for Vancouver in BC, Canada

jayhawk

With Wife's permission, isn't that how it always is, possibly lodging 40 miles west of Chicago near I-88.

The_Finn

Worcester Ma

i offer:
lodging
wireless net connection
Xbox 360
local knowledge of pretty much all of MA

Last edited:
I can't provide lodging, but I can provide tech/mech support for anyone passing through on a road trip. I'm in the Dallas, Texas area - North Central Texas.

This is a great idea!!!

Any one in between Vancouver and San Fransisco have room for 8? :D

Me and some friends are tripping down there in March.

As for me helping people. I can't provide lodging... as I am 17 and live with my Parents, and I don't think that would go over well. Although I could be an excelent contact/guide for the City of Vancouver in BC, Canada.

Depending on my wife's mood, I can lodge a few people. I live in 40 miles west of Chicago, near Interstate 88.

Someone with the power to do so, should sticky this thread

Worcester Ma

i offer:
lodging
wireless net connection
Xbox 360
local knowledge of pretty much all of MA