My 2003 SVT Cobra

Looks great, you need to get some videos of it.

That's a bad ass Terminator! Thanks for sharing F8L SVT!

The KB and rear end swap should definitely help in cutting down the 1/4 mile times. I'm guessing you probably race more on the 1320 rather than Auto-X/road courses.....so if that's case it probably does make sense for a simpler/lighter solid axle rather than an IRS.

What's the best time you've done on the 1/4 mile? If I remember right, stock 03/04 Terminators can probably hit 12s? I'm guessing you are in the high 11s, low 12s right now and with the new stuff coming in maybe even dip down into the 10s???

That's a bad ass Terminator! Thanks for sharing F8L SVT!

The KB and rear end swap should definitely help in cutting down the 1/4 mile times. I'm guessing you probably race more on the 1320 rather than Auto-X/road courses.....so if that's case it probably does make sense for a simpler/lighter solid axle rather than an IRS.

What's the best time you've done on the 1/4 mile? If I remember right, stock 03/04 Terminators can probably hit 12s? I'm guessing you are in the high 11s, low 12s right now and with the new stuff coming in maybe even dip down into the 10s???

I forgot to add the video link but i put it in now.

They could run mid to high 12's stock at around 111-113mph. There is not a 1/4 mile track near me anymore so i have no clue what it runs only 1/8 mle ones and that is a waste of time. I ran couple of C6 vettes and an M6 recently and was able to edge all of them out by a few cars. The Vettes had minor mods one was making 403rwhp but it is a car that weighs 500lbs less. The M6 was stock besides some air intake he had. He started to pull on me whe nI hit 5th. My car dies in that gear it is just to tall of a gear to pull in when M6's have crazy tight gearing. Their 5th is like my 3rd...lol. I have run many EVO's and STI's with all sorts of extras, and have yet to loose to one. I am sure it will happen one day. I also ran an 2002 Audi A4 that had some crazy turbo upgrades making 440awhp. He said it ran 11.40's @ 123 and we went from a 40mph roll. We were bumper to bumper until I hit 5th gear then I had to let out. He thought he was going to murder me since he claims he beats every mustang he comes across...lol. That is a likely story they all tell. I dont like road racing since I have a short attention span...lol

Once I put the new blower and rea end in I am shooting for low 10's to high 9's since it will have the power to do it, but it is harder then just throwing power at it. Need to hook it to the ground.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jay
Lighter weight wheels? The cast knock-off FR500s weigh a ton.

Also, was your car in an accident? Your hood gaps are quite a bit off.
Oh and 9s are a bit ambitous with a KB and your supporting mods, good luck.

Last edited:
Lighter weight wheels? The cast knock-off FR500s weigh a ton.

No they dont. I put 17'' ones on and they weigh 5 lbs lighter then the stockers. I weighed the the stock ones with tires and these with tires and the fronts are 6lbs lighter each, and the rears are right at 5lbs. Which is rotating mass. That is equal to getting rid of about 45lbs of static weight per wheel. The 18" ones are heavier then stock by about 6-7lbs each. I actually just changed the front tires and put 255's on instead of 275 again to reduce even more weight and it improved steering response. Just look at ferraris and lambo they all run really small tires up front in comparison to the rears for this reason.

Last edited:
hmm, another thing: I thought all 03/04 Cobras had the "Cobra" badge on the grille instead of the normal "Mustang" badge?

Also, you should change the rear bumper and de-badge the "SVT" and the trunk lid....it'll be a total sleeper!

Also, can the stock T-56 gear set and rear differential handle the extra power? Any internal motor components that needs upgrading? Cam, crank, pistons, rings, etc. etc.

I've developed a re-newed fondness for the 03/04 Cobras and is seriously contemplating these as a possible future car, IF I decide not to get a C5 Z06 over a 03/04 Cobra. Things is the insurance and power-adding costs will probably be cheaper for a car like this than on a C5 Z06.

I have run many EVO's and STI's with all sorts of extras, and have yet to loose to one. I am sure it will happen one day.

Oh yes. That will be inevitable. ;)

No they dont. I put 17'' ones on and they weigh 5 lbs lighter then the stockers. I weighed the the stock ones with tires and these with tires and the fronts are 6lbs lighter each, and the rears are right at 5lbs. Which is rotating mass. That is equal to getting rid of about 45lbs of static weight per wheel. The 18" ones are heavier then stock by about 6-7lbs each.

I like your thinking, sir! :thumbup:

hmm, another thing: I thought all 03/04 Cobras had the "Cobra" badge on the grille instead of the normal "Mustang" badge?

Also, you should change the rear bumper and de-badge the "SVT" and the trunk lid....it'll be a total sleeper!

Also, can the stock T-56 gear set and rear differential handle the extra power? Any internal motor components that needs upgrading? Cam, crank, pistons, rings, etc. etc.

No none of them came with the a cobra in the gril. that is aftermarket. I may get ride of the SVT badge but I kind of like. Besides it is one of the only things people really notice. The stock engines are built really tuff. I know a lot of people running 700hp+ with the stock engines and trans and even diffs. the engines have forged crank, pistons and rods. cams are hard to change in them so most people dont do them. Plus it makes it very difficult to pass smog. The diffs cant handle the power when trying to launch hard on drag radials or slicks that is for sure. That is why most change to the solid rears with 31 spline axles and posi units. There are aftermarket half shafts and diff braces for the IRS but I have too many of those fail and it costs just as much to do those as is it does to just get a solid rear end. At least then I can sell the IRS for good money and have it cost me almost nothing.

Oh yes. That will be inevitable. ;)

I like your thinking, sir! :thumbup:

No one is untouchable;) I know I certainly am not. I know for certain that I would likely lose to a new C6 ZO6. I have yet to run one, but I have driven 2 and they are stupid fast stock.

Ah, I see. Cool stuff man! This is one serious contender on my "obtainable cars to own before I die" list, haha.

No they dont. I put 17'' ones on and they weigh 5 lbs lighter then the stockers. I weighed the the stock ones with tires and these with tires and the fronts are 6lbs lighter each, and the rears are right at 5lbs. Which is rotating mass. That is equal to getting rid of about 45lbs of static weight per wheel. The 18" ones are heavier then stock by about 6-7lbs each. I actually just changed the front tires and put 255's on instead of 275 again to reduce even more weight and it improved steering response. Just look at ferraris and lambo they all run really small tires up front in comparison to the rears for this reason.

Last I checked they weighed in just under 30lbs. I assume you're running 17x10.5 with 315/35/17 555Rs? and 17x9 with your 255/40(?)/17s. How a wheel of wider width made using the same process as the OEM wheels could be lighter is beyond me...but then again I haven't weighed a stock wheel, and haven't looked heavily into Mustang stuff in a little bit of time. Either way, they're not light weight wheels by any means.

Ah, I see. Cool stuff man! This is one serious contender on my "obtainable cars to own before I die" list, haha.

They are cool cars for the money. You can find them for around 23-27k used with pretty low miles on them. So show me another car that is as fast stock for 23k and i will get that car..lol:mrgreen: Sure you can find 97-98 vettes for the low to mid 20's but they have a lot of issues. i used to work on them, and the motors are great but they dont last too long with major upgrades like blowrs or N20. They had a lot od oil pump failures and the heads lift under boost too much since they dont have enough deck thickness to handle it to well. I had a few friends with supercharged C5's go through head gaskets like crazy. it was the same with the camaros and tran ams. They can make a ton of power but not for long. You have to rebuild the motors with better crank rods and pistons as well as head studs and very very good gaskets. My car has over 50,000 miles on it now so it is pretty hardy. I beat the living piss out of it to:mrgreen:

Last I checked they weighed in just under 30lbs. I assume you're running 17x10.5 with 315/35/17 555Rs? and 17x9 with your 255/40(?)/17s. How a wheel of wider width made using the same process as the OEM wheels could be lighter is beyond me...but then again I haven't weighed a stock wheel, and haven't looked heavily into Mustang stuff in a little bit of time. Either way, they're not light weight wheels by any means.

The stock rims weigh 27lbs and the 17X9's weigh 22 that is pretty light for a non drag race rim The rears weigh 24lbs, but the Nittos are heavy tires and I dont run them anymore. I run Sumitomo's that are 3 lbs lighter each and are stil 315's. every tire manufacturer is different. In fact most of them dont even have the same section width even when they state they are both 315's. It is because of sidewall construction and tread design. BF goodrich Drag radials are almost a half an inch wider then nittos 555r in the 315 series. That is just how they are made. The 255 are 5 lbs light then the 275 goodyears the car came with so actually they are even lighter then I orginally mentioned. make sure you know before you go off implying that I dont know what I am talking about when you clearly dont even know the facts yourself as you stated. It makes you look like the bad guy not me. I did my homework, and sure they are not super light rims but they are lighter and that is what I said originally. They are lighter not the lightest.

The stock rims weigh 27lbs and the 17X9's weigh 22 that is pretty light for a non drag race rim The rears weigh 24lbs, but the Nittos are heavy tires and I dont run them anymore. I run Sumitomo's that are 3 lbs lighter each and are stil 315's. every tire manufacturer is different. In fact most of them dont even have the same section width even when they state they are both 315's. It is because of sidewall construction and tread design. BF goodrich Drag radials are almost a half an inch wider then nittos 555r in the 315 series. That is just how they are made. The 255 are 5 lbs light then the 275 goodyears the car came with so actually they are even lighter then I orginally mentioned. make sure you know before you go off implying that I dont know what I am talking about when you clearly dont even know the facts yourself as you stated. It makes you look like the bad guy not me. I did my homework, and sure they are not super light rims but they are lighter and that is what I said originally. They are lighter not the lightest.

You're preaching to the choir on the tire info there. Where did I imply you don't know what you're talking about? I was comparing the wheel to a light weight forged, because they are heavy cast wheels. I didn't mean to hijack/shit on your thread...you're taking it the wrong way.

Also check my 1st post, I edited it with another question before you 1st replied

You're preaching to the choir on the tire info there. Where did I imply you don't know what you're talking about? I was comparing the wheel to a light weight forged, because they are heavy cast wheels. I didn't mean to hijack/shit on your thread...you're taking it the wrong way.

Also check my 1st post, I edited it with another question before you 1st replied

Dude you are one that like to be a smart ass I can tell...lol. that is cool. I used to be like that to. No My car was not in an accident. I have yet to see any american car certainly a mustang that has perfect hood or fender gaps. It aint a Lexus, and 9's are not ambitious with a car that will make close to or over 700rwhp with a solid rear swap and weighing 3300lbs. If you think it is then fine that is your opinion. My tuners cobra made less hp then that and he ran 9.93@ 138. I never said it would run 9's but I am shooting for it. I will be happy with low 10's.

Dude you are one that like to be a smart ass I can tell...lol. that is cool. I used to be like that to. No My car was not in an accident. I have yet to see any american car certainly a mustang that has perfect hood or fender gaps. It aint a Lexus, and 9's are not ambitious with a car that will make close to or over 700rwhp with a solid rear swap and weighing 3300lbs. If you think it is then fine that is your opinion. My tuners cobra made less hp then that and he ran 9.93@ 138. I never said it would run 9's but I am shooting for it. I will be happy with low 10's.

Lol, I can be a smartass from time to time. I've seen plenty of new edge sn95 Mustangs with properly gapped body lines, most in fact. I realize that's a goal, and I'm just saying it's ambitious...and I wish you luck.

Also, interesting you had Tucker spray your intake blue (Sonic Blue?) Any particular reason?

Outside of a 68 GT500KR, a last gen SVT Cobra is the only Mustang I'd ever like to own. There's a few people around here who've taken their V6 and made it look like a GT/Cobra, one of them has gone so far as to hang a fake tail pipe, they are real fun to deal with.

And that looks like a 5th gen Eaton blower if I'm not mistaken?

Not sure if the 5th gen Eatons were out when the 03/04 Cobras were produced. But it is a roots Eaton, that's for sure. I think the GT500 uses essentially the same blower except it has larger displacement. The Ford GT uses a Lysholm blower instead of a roots.

The only cooler modern Mustang than the 03/04 Cobras are the 2000 Cobra R.