My 1997 MkIII VW Golf CL.

watto

Unloved and lacking a title
Car(s)
2013 Holden Cruze SRi Series 2
It's a 1.8L with 66kW (88hp) and 145Nm (107lb-ft). Not the world's fastest thing but it's great fun and a good first car.

This pic is from 2005 but nothing's changed since then.
https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/11/18/DSC01029.jpg

I know where this pic was taken from, too bad I didn't have my car then to join you on that Cruise... would have been fun.

Nice and Reliable car watto... better not miss our next meetup :p

Don't worry Andy, it won't!

so no vr6?

awww

still i love VW's i used to own a VR6 Passat...

cool car

^Couldn't afford a VR6... and also when I was looking they were few and far between.

After all this time you post up your car and there's just one pic? :p

Any mods or anything? Different wheels? What's the interior look like?

Alright alright. Next week when I have time I'll take a few more pics... After I've washed/cleaned it though.

so no vr6?

awww

still i love VW's i used to own a VR6 Passat...

cool car

I had the vr6, and it was great fun. I just sold it about 4 months ago, and today I found a new oil filter that I had left in my garage.

Well, looks like that's never gettin used.

Snow in Australia?...do I feel ignorant!

Though right now -20 C would feel pretty good.

hahahah nice :p and jayhawk, as I've mentioned in another thread Australia has convience snow. We don't get it in the cities you just go to the snow when you feel like it so we don't have to deal with the bad side (like salting etc)

And there I was, thinking my car is slow with 78kW! :p Clean though, nice!

Finally, a recent pic! Woo!

Being stuck on a mountain road on top of a ridge for 40 minutes in -20C (that's including wind chill) while the road is cleared will do this to your car. Holy shit it was cold!!!

Go Hotham! The snow was bloody worth it though, knee deep powder in the double black area, fantastic!

I was reading about how badly the road was affected - sounded very nasty, as the pic proves.

You'd be surprised how quick it is on the twisty roads. 1050kg FTW!

I was reading about how badly the road was affected - sounded very nasty, as the pic proves.

I'm lucky I woke at 0300... The other people in my lodge left after work and took 10 hours for a 5 hour drive, the boom gate right down at Harrietville was shut for hours on end, seriously bad weather. My left wiper (luckily) was frozen and completely ineffective, although it was still wiping :p

Absolutely crazy stuff, and my little trooper didn't miss a beat :heart:

Last edited:
we have a few things in common, I put my car through insane snow every winter and I also almost never take pics.

They're good cars though, I might have bought a diesel one a while back if german cars weren't so overpriced where I live.

pffftt mine only had 73BHP thats a MAAHOOSIVE 54kW!

She's for sale now... It's been a good run, but you gotta get going.

Here

I added some more stuff in the description that's waiting for approval.

She's gone!!! News on my new car coming later this week.