User Reputation Feature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not horsepower?
0-10: Citroen 2cv
etc
990-1000: Veyron

Although it could spark discussion of what cars to use....

I like that idea. Horsepower would be a very good measure.

I still contend that any one with neg reputations -0 to -10 should be tagged "Carsightings", "Piddingtons" or "Melissas".

Absolutely agree.

^but at this rate... people like Quiky would hit Veyrons pretty soon, whats next? NASA Space Shuttle or QE2?

Why not have speed and gears? If you get a reputation thats so bad it could end up saying something like "120 in reverse!" or something.

I doubt it could be done, but for those that don't accumulate rep quickly, they get something like "stuck in 2nd" or "can't seam to break 140"

Why ruin the surprise Andy? :)

Damnit this is such a divisive issue, ain't it? We can't even agree on what titles to use for this system.

Probably a dumb idea, but how about an anti-ecomentalist theme? Examples:

Really negative: "Prefers to walk everywhere"
Negative: "Loves his Prius"
Somewhat negative: "Rides the bus"
Somewhat positive: "Public transport is for chumps"
Positive: "Is warming the earth"
Most positive: "Is murdering baby foxes"
Really positive: "Is ripping the ozone layer a new one"

Please don't hate me too much! :p

^That's a good ideas as well. First one has to be "prefers to walk everywhere to save the African peace crisps."

Swap Negative and Really negative around, and thats a winner! :lol:

I think you should introduce a lottery system, where after every 10 overall neg reps, the 10th member to give a -1 name is shown to the user who received the -1 ...

Should spice things up a bit ?

I liked it! My favorite so far...

Thanks for all the positive support! I guess I come up with my best ideas when under the influence of fatigue. :p

Maybe an idea for really negative ones:
"Likes her lentils lukewarm" :p
Good call! I completely forgot about the L-E-L's. Gotta include them in somewhere.

I got my first negative reputation today simply for voicing an opinion that one engine is better than another. Unfortunately it seems that it must have been a regular who committed this misuse as it took 9 points away.

Yeah, pretty retarded, but whatda gonna do? I don't wanna have to police each and ever negative rep.

You guys can't have it both ways -- I turned off neg rep, but you all bitched, so I turned it back on. Now don't start bitching about stupid neg rep. People are morons, it's gonna happen. :?

I don't think one or two silly + or - reps are going to screw up the overall reputation image of a person, i mean i got one that read: 'Pee sex!!' :|

Yeah, pretty retarded, but whatda gonna do? I don't wanna have to police each and ever negative rep.

You guys can't have it both ways -- I turned off neg rep, but you all bitched, so I turned it back on. Now don't start bitching about stupid neg rep. People are morons, it's gonna happen. :?

I wasn't particularly bothered by the neg rep, I was just disappointed that it must have come from a regular instead of a n00b.

Status
Not open for further replies.