What's your car's drag coefficient?

^ It's still just a Proton though.

Sorry, I'm an ass. Wikipedia says it's actually a Mitsubishi. :lol:

Only 2 in the 0.28.. but tell me... How can this:

carisma_icebone2.jpg

be more slippery than:

koenigsegg_ccx_01.jpg

?????

I think your misinterpreting what the drag coefficient actually indicates. Essentially, if you want to get a figure that actually signifies "slipperiness," you have to multiply the drag coefficient by the frontal area. Because that frontal area is so much lower in the koenigsegg, the actual drag is much lower. Not to mention the fact that these drag figures are reported by the manufacturer, and there's really no guarantee that they're anywhere near accurate.

Yes, but the drag coefficient comes from the shape, not the size.

Plus, many fast cars trade aerodymanic perfection for the body generating downforce at-speed.

Having no wing, i assume the body is very downforce-y (yes, thats a technical term :lol:), which would hurt its aerodynamics.

TA: .34
951: .35
Jeep: .42

I must ask, how are you all finding this out?

I typed in 'Lexus IS drag coefficient' into Google which directed me to this Wikipedia page. The other results from Google all said 0.28 for me so I figured Wiki was right.

I must ask, how are you all finding this out?

.34 for my caprice. cant find anything for my impala tho.. im sure its real bad tho XD

Only 2 in the 0.28.. but tell me... How can this:

carisma_icebone2.jpg

be more slippery than:

koenigsegg_ccx_01.jpg

?????

downforce and cooling, i believe 1/3 of the drag in most cars is caused by radiator ducts and such, and i can easily imagine all the benefits from the sleek aero work are somewhat negated by the fact you have to cool such a powerful engine, as well i'm sure the CCX would be much more stable at 250mph then your Mitsubishi, the mitsu could very easily "take off" before it gets to 200

^ According to Wikipedia the average F1 car is from 0.7 to 1.1 which is a lot more than most of our cars. That's due to the same reasons I guess?

My cars drag coefficient > The world...

Apparently Mitsubishi's do quite well...

Galant's good looks revolve around the concept of aerodynamic efficiency, which enables a vehicle in motion to slice a wedge through thick air so smoothly that the resulting reduction of wind resistance produces higher fuel economy figures. That's exactly what Galant's design does. Presenting a smoothly rounded form from every angle, Galant earns a drag coefficient -- the measure of wind resistance -- of only 0.29, which ranks on top of the lot.

<--- 1997 Galant....I would say the front is quite edgy, sure it's rounded but not a round as the Carisma pictured above...ooh well..who cares :p

Last edited by a moderator:
.39 on my 635.

The sharkmouth doesn't help I guess.