Worst cars ever made

maxi2.jpg

The engine maybe powerful, but it is not a car that needs a powerful engine. In a vehicle that is supposed to be comfortable, why do you need a powerful engine that feels like it is fastened to the chasis with twine?? Floor the thing getting on the highway and it feels like the front end is trying to rip apart from the back end, something that is incredibly uncomfortable for the passengers.
That doesn't make it a shit engine though, not even by a long shot ;).

The problem with the Escalade is that it's a real SUV built on a real Truck platform that tries to be luxurious by softening up the suspension. The result is just a squishy truck, with truck handling and truck gas mileage. I don't really think that makes it a bad car though. It just is what it is.

Now if the Escalade was an all new unibody platform and it had the same handling/comfort, then I would call it a bad car.

The problem with the Escalade is that it's a real SUV built on a real Truck platform that tries to be luxurious by softening up the suspension. The result is just a squishy truck, with truck handling and truck gas mileage. I don't really think that makes it a bad car though. It just is what it is.

Now if the Escalade was an all new unibody platform and it had the same handling/comfort, then I would call it a bad car.

+1!!!!

NEWS FLASH!

I heard this on the radio this morning. The following has actually been voted "the worst car in the world."

2008_Jeep_Wrangler_Unlimited_Rubicon_DC.jpg

The Jeep Wrangler Unlimited.

It scored below average (pretty much failed) almost everything.
Handling, comfort, accessibility, performance, fuel economy, noise, reliability, safety...the list goes on.

...and I should point out that I've always hated the Wrangler. It looks awful, it sounds terrible, and the owner looks like pillocks in it (and half the time they are useless drivers).

Absolute rubbish!

Well, I'm sure a Land Rover Defender would be shit on the 'Ring, but that's not to say it doesn't have its merits. :roll:

...and I should point out that I've always hated the Wrangler. It looks awful, it sounds terrible, and the owner looks like pillocks in it (and half the time they are useless drivers).

Absolute rubbish!

Except that the Wrangler Rubicon is perfectly awesome offroad, and many, I'd even say the vast majority of them, actually use their vehicles offroad on a weekend.

Besides, the guy who drives a Cadaver-lier is calling the Wrangler (or anything else) a bad car????? Pot. Kettle. Black.

The Cadaverlier is easily in the top 10 worst cars GM has ever made.

I actually like that ZAZ (a bit more than the NSU). How hard are they to come across, and what do they cost? Can a 6' 2" person fit in the car? I'd love one if I can be bothered to figure out how to shove a rotary in it.

Yes a 6'2" can fit into it. My dad (6'2", 200+lbs) used to drive one, god awful car the only cool thing is that the one we had had the older style body with the new style engine so it was a body made for a 30HP engine with 40HP and that thing would MOOOOOVE. You could lift the car with two somewhat strong people.

NEWS FLASH!

I heard this on the radio this morning. The following has actually been voted "the worst car in the world."

Handling, comfort, accessibility, performance, fuel economy, noise, reliability, safety...the list goes on.

Absolute rubbish!

Really? I see that same car and I really, really want to like it, but after my last experience with Jeep I can't bring myself to. If it was nailed together better I would have one in a heartbeat. I don't care about road noise, accessibility, or fuel economy, I just want it to be fantastic off road (it is) and not fall apart. I actually quite like the looks of the new one, the fenders remind me of the old WWII Dodge Powerwagon (and those big fenders give you an extra 4 inches of clearance, you can fit 36 inch tires under that thing off the showroom floor!)

The Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon speaks to that primitive reptilian part of my brain that bypasses all logical thought. I really want to love it and I hope Cerebus does great things with Chrysler so I can.

Last edited:
Worst car I've ever driven is a 98 Century. Ugly, horrible interior, slow, crap handling, extremely ineffecient engine, gearbox that shifts like a retard with palsy. The only good thing was the huge body that made accidents extremely safe and bench seats were pretty comfy.

Also I am not aware of ANY car with a V4 in it. Every single 4 cylinder I have seen was an inline.*
*Well aside from the boxer.

Not sure what you're reffering to, but there were euro Fords and Lancias with V4s, probably more...

Not sure what you're reffering to, but there were euro Fords and Lancias with V4s, probably more...

A few people above mentioned V4 cars that I'm pretty sure were I4's. Too lazy to look through the thread to find specific examples tho :)

NEWS FLASH!

Absolute rubbish!

Anyone who says a Wrangler is a bad car is missing the point entirely. There are people foolish enough to buy them and only use them as street cars. But they are usually young and like the open top and removable doors more than anything practical.

The Wrangler Rubicon in particular, is meant to be a hardcore off-road beast. Jeeps are known for being made into trail trucks and many of them do an excellent job stock. The Rubicon is a pretty fantastic trail truck straight off the showroom floor.

The only problem I have with the Wrangler is the price. They are so insanely stripped down and bare bones, yet they are easily $20k-$30k. That is a lot of money for something that is basically a toy. And that hold their value so much better then most American cars that it is hard to even find them at a good price used.

For my money, I'd prefer an old Toyota pickup and then I would modify the hell out of it to make it a great trail truck, yet still a practical work truck for all the times I may need it. But the Wrangler is a superior starting point for pure off-road action.

i not trying to be a spoilsport, but has anyone driven the cars presented ?
Personally, no, I've never driven I Korean car. I've been a passenger in a Hyundai Elantra and I could easily tell that it was awful, even from the back seat. I also spent several days traveling around Tasmania in a Hyundai... Something or other.... Do they make a car called a Sinatra? That doesn't sound right... Anyway, I never drove that one either but I could still tell that it did *nothing* well. It was clearly designed and made by people who don't give two shits about cars.