Hennessey releases details on new supercar, the Venom GT (aka Exige S on steroids)

Sure the Hennessy blew away the Veyron but it was beyond 99% of peoples ability to drive and was unstable as all hell. It's the American version of the MTM BiMoto. Outrageously fast but who cares?? Its unusable.

again......

We have big claims and a rough sketch. When Motor Trend tested the 1100hp Hennessey Viper they said it wasn't ridiculously hard to control. You can't just assume a car is "rubbish to drive"

and thedguy, again, i wasn't defending him in the first post. i was mearly giving my opinion on the people who think he's a thief and have to say something about him every chance his last name is brought up. yes, he's a thief and that reputation will always be with him. but time after time after time, it gets quite annoying when people turn mear threads about a CAR his company will be building into a thread about hating him.

so in summary.....

this is a thread about a car that they will be building, not about Hennessey's reputation. so STOP going off-topic to talk about it.

What did this hennessey guy do anyway?

RUFs being accessible? Are you kidding??????

No not at all. There was a recent track test held by Michelin at which their test drivers drove a number of highly tuned German cars. When it came to the RUF CT12, none of the test drivers could think of a single way the car could be improved. I'm not saying that anybody could hop in it and go flat out, but it is a cohesive package.

While Motor Trend may disagree with me, any car that wants to break into wheelspin at 120mph+ falls into the "rather difficult" category.

They sure know how to make one hell of a Viper though..

You could get a great Viper....or:
hennesscrewed.jpg

The Venom 1000 is bad ass. And I'm sure he will probably treat the clients who dish out a quarter of a million quite well. But if I'm sending my Viper to a professional tuner, it won't be anywhere near the hands of Hennessey....it's Heffner all the way:

:blink:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IOpuGVoyCk[/YOUTUBE]
Street Legal

That particular car is 1700whp

Heffner has probably 10 vipers making 1500+whp, that are still street legal.

Heffner Vipers ftw! 8)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBEeo6l3a6s&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

No not at all. There was a recent track test held by Michelin at which their test drivers drove a number of highly tuned German cars. When it came to the RUF CT12, none of the test drivers could think of a single way the car could be improved. I'm not saying that anybody could hop in it and go flat out, but it is a cohesive package.

While Motor Trend may disagree with me, any car that wants to break into wheelspin at 120mph+ falls into the "rather difficult" category.

I agree, The Ruf is just an amazing car, I'm sure there are some American companies out there that make a car as good as the high end Europeans but most of the shops tune for straight line more then track.

That may well be, the thing is Hennessey has done a lot of things that make him untrustworthy, Heffner may be less known but is considered the King of Viper tuning.

this is a thread about a car that they will be building, not about Hennessey's reputation. so STOP going off-topic to talk about it.
Bullshit! We should just discuss the merits of every car without regard to the manufacturers history or reputation? :? Hennessey screwed a lot of people; he failed to deliver on a lot of promises. Of course that factors into this discussion.

Face it, Hennessey has such a bad rap that whenever anything comes up, whether it be his car or his dogs (if he has them), his reputation will proceed him and infest itself into every forum topic or small talk.

It is his own doing that brought him the notoriety and, hopefully, the eventual downfall of his business. The fact that every thread about a Hennessey car has invariably discussion and awareness of his business reputation says something about him.

If the man is only out to scam people....what makes you think he will build great cars?

If he has no regard for a living and breathing human being....how can you expect him to have the same level of dedication to a lifless assemblage of plastic and metal?

Of course that factors into this discussion.

no it does not. if it has nothing to do with the car that the thread is about, then its going off-topic. instead of talking about the car, you're talking about what ruined his reputation. and it can't factor into the discussion anymore since HE DOESN'T DO IT ANYMORE! the deal was if it happened again with at least one of their customers complaining, then the state of Texas will be forced to shut down his operation. if you think he's still doing it, then why haven't they done anything about it? i mean, the state of Texas JUST ordered that raid on Unique Performance for doing the same exact thing plus title washing.

no it does not.

So if someone made a topic about an up-coming Fiat, it would be off-topic of someone to say "based on past-form it'll probably be unreliable"?

Past form is entirely relevant and is how companies are (and should be) judged, and since the car hasn't even been thrown together yet there's nothing else to go on but past form (and a copy+pasted picture of a Lotus). Just like the analogous unreliable Fiat.

and it can't factor into the discussion anymore since HE DOESN'T DO IT ANYMORE!

Would you'd be happy to have Charles Manson over for dinner because he doesn't murder people anymore? Of course not, he's done it in the past and that is enough to make a judgement on him that lasts forever, same goes with this Texan crook.

Last edited:
I am not particularly up there with American Tuners, but there needs to be somebody who is the equivalent of RUF. Perfectly packaged cars that are well within their limits and accessable.

Lingenfelter

http://www.lingenfelter.com/

I would put money on them to run with anything RUF has to offer, and surely outrun Hennessey's POS's

I did think of lingenfelter. However at that 0-200mph shootout their Vette could only do 1 run before it spat its oil everywhere. May have just had a bad day though.

Dinan also does very nice work making some great mods on BMWs.

I did think of lingenfelter. However at that 0-200mph shootout their Vette could only do 1 run before it spat its oil everywhere. May have just had a bad day though.

They did 226mph in the Texas mile this year :mrgreen:

Would you'd be happy to have Charles Manson over for dinner because he doesn't murder people anymore? Of course not, he's done it in the past and that is enough to make a judgement on him that lasts forever, same goes with this Texan crook.

technically, Charles Manson never killed anybody. he had teenagers do it for him. practically a cult. very smart idea i might add.

but that's not the topic.....

ok, stop and read what i posted.

i'm.....
not.....
saying.....
he.....
isn't.....
a bad guy anymore.

just the fact that he doesn't do it anymore is the reason this subject should be dropped. this is a thread about a car his company is making. this is not about the crime he commited, the people he screwed over, or what his reputation is gonna be like 10 years from now. IT'S ABOUT A CAR! this is EXACTLY what i get so annoyed with is every....single....damn....thread that talks about something Hennessey did to get put into the record books or to build a monster car, it always turns into a "I hate Hennessey" thread.

but i guess its pointless to even post a thread talking about that sorta stuff that surrounds him. its almost like beating a dead horse in a way. this just goes to show that you can't make a thread that has Hennessey's name in it without it turning into an all-out flamefest.

Hennesseey screwed a lot of people over and received a hugely bad reputation for it, which he frankly deserved. People aren't just going to forget that overnight, you know.

You can't just go and dictate what people are going to talk about, the topic has stayed relevant this whole time.

May I ask why you even created this thread, knowing the outcome in advance. Surely, you must want us all to disagree and hate you..

You can't just go and dictate what people are going to talk about, the topic has stayed relevant this whole time.

May I ask why you even created this thread, knowing the outcome in advance. Surely, you must want us all to disagree and hate you..

This brings up an interesting point, as I think Elmo187 really like to have absolute control over threads. In fact, it is that way with every thread he starts.

:|