Porsche to Audi : "In the wise words of Nelson Muntz: Ha, Ha!"

Whoever made that song should be shot in the face.

Apparently any smug, floppy-haired unshaven dipshit in his father's ratty clothes with a $50 Yamaha starter kit guitar can become a world-renowned singer-songwriter these days and instantly start winning the hearts of creepy artsy college students. (Fuck you, Max Bemis.) :rolleyes:

Other than that, the ad's not bad, nice cinematography and irritating soundtracks are what all the luxury carmakers and wannabe-luxury carmakers use these days anyway.

popcorn.jpg

Yay! Front row seats for the impending eSlapFight.

Needs more butta! Who has the remote? This channel sucks!

Just most of the time :)

Sorry your post was just really funny. I have an image in my head of you as someone that reads Sniff Petrol as an F1 news site and thinks the advertisements are real.

No hard feelings man 8)

I don't follow F1 and have no idea what Sniff Petrol is. :p

The first one is probably aimed at footballers' kids. What an awful song! I can't imagine anyone over 10 years old who would like it.
Oh and yeah - advertising a supercar on television - hahaha! Way to go AudI! I expect Koeniggsegg or Pagani to follow ;)

commercial is okay, but that song is COMPLETELY unforgivable, i really hope the person that wrote that gets bankrupted by a covert government agency for the offenses shes displayed on my ears :mad:

Can't we just have an advert of it going really really fast

not an amazing advert, but definetely not shit, ive seen worse

What's so bad about that? Better than some random car you know is going to be dogshit slow in real life, being shown blasting down some highway with a cliche song like Journey's Don't Stop Believing blasting.

This shows you how the R8 is made and I actually enjoyed watching it for a minute and a half... and the song, while pretty sappy, is much more original than the aforementioned cliche they use in most ads.

In any case, it beats this ad. :p

i quite like the ad, the sing not so much, but the slowest car we everbuilt slogan means themost sorted car audi made

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeyfwSC1ZkE&feature=related[/youtube]

No one in Porsche would be stupid enough to write that e-mail. And oh yeah, Porsche does advertise on TV...

No one in Porsche would be stupid enough to write that e-mail. And oh yeah, Porsche does advertise on TV...

They do here, but usually something weird. The last one I saw was some 9 year old kid going into a Porsche dealership sitting in a Carrera, getting out and telling the salesmen "I'll be back in 15 years".

Really, who gives a flying flip? It's a bit clever, and that's all there is to it. What a stupid, baseless rant.

Clearly, you people have no idea what advertising is about. They aren't just advertising the R8, they're advertising the brand, their attention to detail and dedication to quality.

Ford advertised the GT a while ago, but, clearly, they weren't advertising it to sell it, they were advertising it to sell the brand.

They do here, but usually something weird. The last one I saw was some 9 year old kid going into a Porsche dealership sitting in a Carrera, getting out and telling the salesmen "I'll be back in 15 years".
I actually think that commercial was a bit sweet, there is definately somethin in it... It makes me remember the first time I was in a Porsche dealership :)
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVc8L87EBcI[/YOUTUBE]

I actually think that commercial was a bit sweet, there is definately somethin in it... It makes me remember the first time I was in a Porsche dealership :)
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVc8L87EBcI[/YOUTUBE]

Dude that ad almost made me :cry: