Top Gear in HD anymore?

so get people ready for the point when they won't be able to get over the air TV with an analogue reciever.

Less than 453 days until all of our analog signals get turned off over here. :( We're moving to PDTV like you guys already did, or HDTV for those who have capable TVs. All primetime TV shows (like ~8PM until 1-2AM) here are already broadcast for free in HDTV here in most markets, but I think very few are currently broadcasting in PDTV.

It's kinda a scary thought (no more analog), but I'm glad the FCC isn't letting the switch to digital drag on forever.

http://www.ntia.doc.gov/dtvcoupon/index.html

Last edited:
^ How much does an average HD box cost in the US? Even though HD channels are free in Canada, the digital box you need is still about $400 - about twice that for the box with a PVR.

^ How much does an average HD box cost in the US? Even though HD channels are free in Canada, the digital box you need is still about $400 - about twice that for the box with a PVR.

I can't say I've really seen one on a shelf because stores want you to buy hd sets not sell you an analog set with a converter. However big brother has another federal giveaway program that will give people $40 coupons towards converters so they're expected to be in that general range. Remember it's just an ATSC tuner and SD analog out.

Yeah, this isn't an HDTV > analog box, just digital, low res signal.