Random Thoughts....

I didn't vote for the labor party because I can already see seems in their cabinet, personally I see Gillard being a pain in the ass

Good on him I say (but I didn't vote for him.) But I reckon that Julia Gillard will challenge him for the leadership within 2 years...

I didnt vote for him either.

I didn't vote for the labor party because I can already see seems in their cabinet, personally I see Gillard being a pain in the ass

Well if you didn't vote for him... and I didn't vote for him? :hmm:

Ah well, now we get 4 years of him trying to give a computer to every kid over 14, tearing up our whole telecommunications network and updating it, cutting emissions without reducing our dependency on coal, starting an "education revolution", fixing our health care system, hiring more doctors and nurses and scrapping work choices and all while maintaining a budget surplus to keep interest rates low..... And that should be interesting. :lol:

It's not so bad. You guys are getting a new PM after what, 11 years? Canada recently voted in a new PM and a new party after some 15 years and even though we were all skeptical the Conservatives have done a pretty good job.

Okay I have nothing relevant to say but we had a whole day of nothing but election discussion in this thread. :p

...guilty.

but i can see not all promises being implimented. i don't care for the computer thing, better money could be put into public schools and improving the syllabus, most kids have a computer at home and would just access it at school for myspace rofl. if howard/costello got in i could have faced my local area having a nuclear reactor built...plus i'm not a fan of costello, the ir laws (which have taken away award wages in my industry), and yeah i could go on all night.

i am proud of the legacy howard has left and while i don't agree with some things he has done, i admire him for commiting himself and his team to the country for 11.5 years.

ETA: i respect everyones decision in who they vote for. what i do not respect is those who donkey vote or do not enrol. they are abusing their priveledge and right as a citizen to contribute to our democracy and it is amazing to be part of such a democracy and to have RIGHTS and CHOICES.

p.s. sorry if i've typoed tonight i am sooo buggered, been up since 6am and will probably all nighter to do bio work.

Last edited:
I just chipped 2 teeth, one was just a little bit but the other was actually a lot, and it has a lot of fillings already :( and it hurts a little and I can't go to the dentist in the weekend :(

^ Why not go to the hospital? I did just that when I chipped mine in a Vodka induced state on a Saturday.

The only problem was getting the doctor to stop asking me if I had been in a fight. :lol:

My parents won the lottery tonight and it's taking ages for the lotto website to reveal how much they've won. Usually the site brings up how many people won in each division and how much those people will win within an hour or so after the draw but here I am six hours later and still nothing!:wall:

Before you get too jealous and start plotting against me I should point out that they only got five numbers out of six and they didn't get either of the supplementary numbers. That would place them in "Division Three" which means they won't win millions or anything like that... Maybe a thousand dollars or so.

And I won't see a cent of it!:p

^ Why not go to the hospital? I did just that when I chipped mine in a Vodka induced state on a Saturday.

The only problem was getting the doctor to stop asking me if I had been in a fight. :lol:

Because here you just can't go to the hospital, you have to call the doctor on call in the city you live in and if he/she thinks it's serious enough you get a referal to the hospital, and I'm not even sure they have a dentist there.
Maybe there is an on-call dentist, but it'll cost a fortune (more than the fortune it costs already) and it's not that bad yet.

Well I'm sitting in the qantas club in Melbourne waiting for boarding using the free wifi on my laptop horah :D

I just chipped 2 teeth, one was just a little bit but the other was actually a lot, and it has a lot of fillings already :( and it hurts a little and I can't go to the dentist in the weekend :(

How did you do that?

What's Qantas Club? Their business class lounge or something?

Also where are you off to?

Well I'm sitting in the qantas club in Melbourne waiting for boarding using the free wifi on my laptop horah :D

@ Hidden_Hunter

How is the qantas lounge over in Melbourne anyway?

It's craptastic back in Brisbane. (But then again, so is everything else)

On a side note: I arrived in Hong Kong last night and for some reason, I'm not jet lagged at all!

To much Aussie only discussion...

The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.

At least once per year, some group of scientists will become very excited and announce that:

* The universe is even bigger than they thought!
* There are even more subatomic particles than they thought!
* Whatever they announced last year about global warming is wrong.

Random thought: If Christmas is such a jolly holiday, then why are there more suicides around that time than around any other holiday?

:hmm: