Audi RS4 does the ring in 7:58

Kowalski

Source: www.rs6.com/forum

Here is a short part of the list:
7:58 --- 156.652 km/h -- Audi RS4 4.2 V8 FSI, 420 PS/ 1650 kg, Frank Stippler, (10/05) www.8200rpm.com/forum/read.php?f=10&i=16841&t=16841\
7:59 --- 154.822 km/h -- Porsche 997 Carrera S, PASM setting ?Performance?, (Walter Roehrl WHEELS 06/ 2004)
7:59* -- 154.822 km/h -- Chevrolet C6 Z51, company test driver Dave Hill (*mfr.)
7:59* -- 154.822 km/h -- Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R (*free of the speed limiter standard on UK versions, so it was discounted)
www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/228511/
7:59.41 154.690 km/h -- Subaru Impreza WRX STi spec.C "prototype" (2004), www.subaru.com.hk/pdf/SNW0404.pdf

8:01.72 153.984 km/h -- Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R, (Best Motoring video "Carrera Invasion")
8:01.84 153.984 km/h -- Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder, 520 PS/1760 kg, www.autobild.de/test/neuwagen/artikel.php?artikel_id=14111&artikel_seite=1
8:02 --- 153.858 km/h -- Porsche 997 Carrera S, PASM setting ?Sport?, (Walter Roehrl WHEELS 06/ 04)
8:03 --- 153.540 km/h ? Aston Martin V8 Vantage, 385 PS/1636 kg, Pirelli P Zero Corsa (sport auto 10/05)
8:03 --- 153.540 km/h -- Porsche 911 GT3, 360 PS/1391 kg (sport auto 08/99)
8:04 --- 153.223 km/h -- Audi R8, 420 PS/1595 kg (sport auto 07/07) www.supercars.net/PitLane?viewThread=y&gID=0&fID=2&tID=133046
www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCTb65ufbxg&mode=user&search=
8:03.86 153.519 km/h -- Honda NSX http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ua_wcOnPkxk
8:04 --- 153.223 km/h -- Lamborghini Diablo GT, 575 PS/1620 kg (sport auto 07/00)
8:05 --- 152.907 km/h -- BMW M3, 420 PS/1608 kg (sport auto 12/07) www.supercars.net/PitLane?viewThread=y&gID=0&fID=2&tID=145617

Here is the link:
http://www.supercars.net/PitLane?viewThread=y&gID=3&fID=0&tID=10073

Link to original thread: http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13774

Sorry if this is a repost.

Thats very impressive, I think times around the 'ring are so dependent on the driver you do find cars that shouldn't be quicker been quicker.

But still, the RS4 is one hell of a car - not sure if its quicker than a 997 though

There is also the problem of traffic. Though for some reason I've actually heard people on this forum argue that getting a time during an open day is some how more accurate than the scientific method of removing all the variables.

I don't think I can honestly be impressed with the time, considering that a mid 90's Skyline did it 1-3 seconds slower. Maybe i'm just picky?

I'm amazed it's faster than the R8!?!

Hell yh, on the Top Gear Track the RS4 was only like 1 second or under a second off the R8 time and was actually faster then the Carrera 2S.

I more amazed that its faster then Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder.

The RS4 is such a weapon on the track.

Thats very impressive, I think times around the 'ring are so dependent on the driver you do find cars that shouldn't be quicker been quicker.

But still, the RS4 is one hell of a car - not sure if its quicker than a 997 though

No shit: it unofficially lapped the TG track faster than Richard's 997C2S.
http://forums.finalgear.com/showthread.php?t=14476

Again, around the TG track, it is faster than a Gallardo spyder and 1.2 seconds slower than the Audi R8. Also, alot faster than the M5.

That is an *astonishing* car.:|

I know it's the 4th time ive mentionned it on this board, but they should really do a comparo against the M3, Lexus IS-f and C63AMG...

*WITH* a Stig timed *dry* lap.

There is also the problem of traffic. Though for some reason I've actually heard people on this forum argue that getting a time during an open day is some how more accurate than the scientific method of removing all the variables.
You can't do a full lap on an open day. The only thing you can do then is a BTG time.

And the Ring itself has enough variables left. Having to cope with heavy traffic and all sorts of driver behaviour is by no means the more accurate method. Anyone who thinks like this is just plain stupid.

Yeah, what's the point of lightweight, mid-engined coupes then?

The difference could be the driver and circumstances. If same driver would hit an optimum lap with RS4 and R8 the second one has to be faster. If it wouldn't, that's a very good question, what do we need R8 for.

You can't do a full lap on an open day. The only thing you can do then is a BTG time.

And the Ring itself has enough variables left. Having to cope with heavy traffic and all sorts of driver behaviour is by no means the more accurate method. Anyone who thinks like this is just plain stupid.
So the lap mentioned here is just a Bridge to Gantry lap...? If so, it renders it worthless...

I feel that the only comparable laptimes are the ones done by Sport Auto, as they are done on a closed track, in the same conditions and by the same driver.

It's faster than the E92! :D

The lap was done with semi slicks & optional ceramic brakes (RS4). E46 can do a faster time with a set of semis. and the CSL will absolutely destroy both cars on the track, and its merely a tuned E46 M3 with cup tyres and tweaked suspension.

really... this ring time story is getting old. This is like turning the ring into a 1/4mile race, ppl just want the magical numbers so they can go and brag to their friends that their fav car just won. You cant just judge a car according to its Nordschelife ring time. Temp, weather, tyre, weight.. lots of things needs to be taken into account.

Having said that, props to Audi for the amazing laptime. sub 8 min around the ring is quite impressive. If they would only post the specs such like ceramic brake and slicks in the future.

The lap was done with semi slicks & optional ceramic brakes (RS4). E46 can do a faster time with a set of semis. and the CSL will absolutely destroy both cars on the track, and its merely a tuned E46 M3 with cup tyres and tweaked suspension.

What's that kind of information based on? Your own meanings?

The differences in times are only relative. One has to consider the sheer length of the track, so one second difference would be a mere fraction of a second on a normal track. If you get a corner like Bergwerk just a tiny bit wrong, the penalties are going to be immense. So driver competence means quite a bit, making these miniscule differences almost irrelevant.

What's that kind of information based on? Your own meanings?

im a big Nordschleife fan, i also happen to collect scans and dyno graphs and latptimes of my fav cars and its competitors. Hence i know how most of the hotlaps were done on the Nordschleife, its called relentless researching on the internet and fanboyism.

Normally i wouldnt even bother to make a thread or to talk about ring times, there are simply too many variables that you can not all of them into account. Which is why ring times are pointless, unless its done on the same day.

Coming back to the RS4 laptime question, i can probably find more scans for E46 M3, Audi RS4 and Porsche 911GT3 laptimes, but is it really necessary?? I know what the RS4 will do normally without the optional cermaic brakes and slick tyres, and its not far off from the 8min mark (somewhere around 8:10 to 8:15), but i also happen to know what a good E46 M3 will do on normal tyres, and its bloody close to the RS4.

Having said that, ring times are generally pretty pointless, unless you are the driver or particularly interested by the time result. This is why I never felt the need to debate about any ringtimes and such, its a bit like comparing penis size over the net. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, the track is so fucking long,
and there are so many variables, I can't take these times seriously any more.

It's enough for a driver to lose concetration for just one nanosecond during those
~8 minutes and lose the flow of the track, it will result with a much worse time
overall.