Random Thoughts....

^ no, you don't get it, your 16 hour difference is actually an 8 hour difference. However much you spend on the plane doesn't matter. Jet lag happens because of a difference in local times, not how much time you spent on a plane. :)

it's not so much the jetlag, you're just so fucking tired after travelling for so long.

Also the flight is so bloody long from Melbourne to LA, you go to sleep and think hmm I must of been sleeping for ages you load up the airmap and think fuck, 10 hours to go :rolleyes:

Qantas was quite good actually, service was just-right and food was quite acceptable (they ran out of rum during the drinks service and the women went all around the plane to find some, she found some in first and brought it back for me :) ) (I don't like the pushy service from singapore airline)

Good service, indeed. Were you flying business Hidden_Hunter?

But here's something, alcohol does you no good on a plane and serves to worsen the effects of your jet lag.

Totally, and it's free to boot. Plus if you fly business or first you get premium booze like JW green label minis and stuff like that.

But alcohol dehydrates you and keeping yourself hydrated is supposedly one of the best things you can do inflight to lessen the effects of the jetlag that's gonna hit you once you land.

But alcohol dehydrates you and keeping yourself hydrated is supposedly one of the best things you can do inflight to lessen the effects of the jetlag that's gonna hit you once you land.
tru dat and the air in the plane is almost completely free of moisture and that alone can dehydrate you if you're on a long flight. It's not helped by the fact the cups they give you are only this big... I'm a big, sweaty guy! I need a good litre of water if i'm really thirsty.

Good service, indeed. Were you flying business Hidden_Hunter?

But here's something, alcohol does you no good on a plane and serves to worsen the effects of your jet lag.

No I was in scum section, normally we fly buisness for our long international flights but Qantas has a monoply on the route so it's ludicriously expensive (over AU$10,000) United also fly the route but yeah well united....

I find a small amount of alcohol makes sleeping just a little bit more easy.

does anyone know what BA serves as far as vodka and whiskey goes?

^ Last time I flew BA I still couldn't/didn't drink but I can tell you that the booze becomes better with higher classes. In the First cabin you get all the fine stuff. I even remember my dad telling me they had blue label Johnnie Walker in the First lounge at LHR Terminal 4.

There's a BA message board somewhere on the intarwebs and believe it or not they even discuss the booze selection in the various lounges,. Check it out if you absolutely must know.

Edit: http://flyertalk.com/forum/

No I was in scum section
I've got a new way of referring to the backseat. I can picture it now, "Lady get the front, you guys are riding in the scum section." :lol:

I just checked my overall share ratio for Azureus, it is 1.337.

:|

https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/11/27/leet.jpg

Last edited:
^ :lol:

Getting shitted in a hot air balloon?! What a great idea!

Tell me about it! My dad used to be a pilot so I've been up several times.

Seriously, it is the GREATEST form of recreational airbourne transport that doesn't move you very far with a giant bag of hot air over your head....ever.