Futurama

Agreed!

edit: How old is Bender now?

Or Fry. I think someone should make a flow chart of Fry's life.. seeing as how I got confused when there were 4 Frys at the same time.. or when 3 of them got frozen.

I was so disappointed in this, i was expecting a 1?hour episode of Futurama and i got this confusing mishmash of below average stories with very few funny scenes. Ugh, if the next one sucks just as badly im giving up hope and re watching the old episodes.

How are you guys watching them? They are sitting in the back of best buy begging to be stole and watched, can't sell till tuesday.

*cough* Read page 2 *cough*

Last edited:
I thought this movie was...interesting. I thought maybe there were probably too many plot lines at one point and it began to become a bit convoluted but the ending wraps things up quite nicely. Terrific to have the show back though! :D

I liked it myself, but man.. I hated what Al Gore said at the last bit of the Taxi bit. LAME!

"Damn, I could have bought a gallon of gas with that $100!"

Oh god..

Last edited:
I had no clue there were so many Futurama fans out here... I thought it was just me and KaJuN. :p I didn't know Futurama was coming back so early, so thanks for this thread.

And that episode with Fry's dog is indeed the saddest thing ever, and that Connie Francis song makes it about six fillion times sadder.

Should I buy this:
http://img145.imageshack.**/img145/6732/picture1bt3.png

I'm really tempted to do it. Its a $200 value, but Amazon is having a limited time sale of all 4 volumes for $78 + the movie for $17 (I canceled my pre-order). I have all the episodes and the movie, but I kinda want the special features such as the full length hypnotoad episode, and all the commentaries.

I was so disappointed in this, i was expecting a 1?hour episode of Futurama and i got this confusing mishmash of below average stories with very few funny scenes. Ugh, if the next one sucks just as badly im giving up hope and re watching the old episodes.

I have to agree.

The movie format almost never works for the kind of show Futurama is. Just look at the Simpsons movie. That had one maybe two good jokes in it.

When I hear people raving about how good that was I sometimes wonder if I'm the only one blessed with a brain.

I watched it last night and I thought it was top notch. There were so many funny scenes. The bald douche being Fry was stupid and obvious since their voices were the same. Also they could've brought the Omicronians back as villains, the hackers were gross.

But otherwise it was quite good. I'd get the whole set, it's a hilarious show... and swek, I think on average this is one of the smartest shows ever put on TV.

Edit: Heathenism Bot is the best character ever.

https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/11/28/vlcsnap279648.jpg

Last edited:
I thought it was absolutely hilarious. I liked the cameos, because they worked, and made me feel at home with the Futurama universe again. The writing was some of the best I've seen, not only in terms of how funny the show was but also how complex the plot was (I'm still trying to sort it out in my head). It's great to see that the characters haven't changed since we left them two years ago - familiarity is key to any TV show continuing, particularly sitcoms.

I was very worried about the idea of chopping it up and turning it into four distinct episodes, too, but now that I've seen the way the plot of the movie works, I can see it happening without too much changing. I imagine that they won't follow the model of Family Guy too closely though - where that simply had cliffhangers within the movie, making it a three-parter on TV. Instead, I can see how they're going to seperate out the plotlines from one another in Bender's Big Score, and make the episodes essentially independent of one another. To whit:

Hermes losing his head
Planet Express getting scammed
Lars and Leela
Bender trying to kill Fry

... seem to be what the four episodes will be about.

I can't wait for the next film!

I watched it last night and I thought it was top notch. There were so many funny scenes. The bald douche being Fry was stupid and obvious since their voices were the same. Also they could've brought the Omicronians back as villains, the hackers were gross.

But otherwise it was quite good. I'd get the whole set, it's a hilarious show... and swek, I think on average this is one of the smartest shows ever put on TV.

Edit: Heathenism Bot is the best character ever.

https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/11/28/vlcsnap279648.jpg

It's Hedonism Bot, Heathenism is not acknowledging the God of Christianity, Islam or Judaism. :p

I am looking forward to seeing this, after years of reruns this is nice turn of events.

One thing I loved about this was the music - both the opening-credits remix, the 'climactic final scene' music and the end credits - were fantastic, I thought.

Then again the Futurama theme is great in the first place.