Lies or not? Will the Audi R8 have the V10?

Lies or not? Will the Audi R8 have the V10?

• Total voters
I would think so, they have in other cars already so putting it in the R8 would not be that big a step.

Dang, I hope so. I can't think of anything else that would make it better, other than maybe a bit more balance in the styling department.

as far as I know it will... at least a guy I know who should know these things hasn?t been denying it...

The only for see able problem with the V10 TT or W12, is that these are BIG engines and it has to fit into the rear of the R8 without the need for mass re-engineering or it might just not be worth it for them.

That said, at the moment, Porches are still faster around a track, and I don't like that. Bring on the bigger engines!!

It will, and it will be brilliant.

it will and it will weigh close to 2 tons. which is not too brilliant if you ask me. Light weight FTW!

Such a shame they couldn't fit the turbos onto the V10. They made the car suddenly combust thanks to all that heat and not enough cooling.

Despite all the speculation about how a V10 R8 would cannibalize sales of the Gallardo, I don't think it would. I think despite the similar power/architecture of the two cars, they are aimed at completely different market segments. The R8 is a more daily-usable, discreet (when compared to the Lambo) car, and makes for a great GT, whereas the Gallardo is a more of a weekend toy, closer in character to the Murcielago than to the R8. And IMHO, the true hardcore driving enthusiast would take a 911 GT3 over any of the two.

I could be wrong, though :p

Last edited:
Why wouldn't it get the V10? It's not like Audi has to design an entirely new engine for the car, it's just a matter of making it fit which shouldn't be too hard I wouldn't think. I don't think it would hurt sales of the Gallardo too much either. If I could afford either car I'd still go for the Lambo because I think it looks better and is probably a little better balanced overall. I'm sure there are people who can actually afford one who think the same thing.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0IinkVqbg8&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Well, did you listen to the whole song? What were the words in the chorus?

Why wouldn't it get the V10? It's not like Audi has to design an entirely new engine for the car, it's just a matter of making it fit which shouldn't be too hard I wouldn't think.
well this isn?t an engine swap that some talented mechanics are doing in a garage ;)
when car companies do stuff like this it?s a lot more complicated, and we?ve all seen the pictures of the burnt R8 on the n?rburgring

I don't think it would hurt sales of the Gallardo too much either. If I could afford either car I'd still go for the Lambo because I think it looks better and is probably a little better balanced overall. I'm sure there are people who can actually afford one who think the same thing.

the R8 isn?t really meant to compete with the gallardo, and in my oppinion, that?s it?s biggest problem...

isn't the Gallardo's/RS6's V10 based off the RS4's 4.2L V8? or am i thinking of another engine?

but that also brings up other sources saying it won't be the V10 from the Gallardo/RS6 but yet a V10 based off the RS4's 4.2L V8.