Hammond To Leave Topgear? [Total BS, Was A Joke]

Well Hammond is the most boring presenter at the time, with his stupid boring racing against various stupid stuff in EVERY F-ing car review he has!

But I still "love" him though :D And you cant just replace a hamster can you?

... I?d put my money on James leaving, he?s started to look more and more out of Place this series and his solo-stuff went pretty well (IMHO).

I agree. In my opinion and without a shadow of doubt, he has done the two best reviews this series. He is the only who makes reviews that reminds me of what Top Gear used to make in their best series ( 5+6+7+8 ).

Personally, I think its May who is leaving. He gets grilled the most and makes the least amount of money out of all three.

Just speculation but it will NOT be Clarkson, he's the one who brought the show back from the dead in the first place

I went to filming yesterday and there was no sign of this at all. Jezza and Richard made a joke that it was James' last ever show. He has a doctor's appointment and won't tell them what for so they've decided it's something really awful and were asking us to guess what it might be.
As for body language showing Hammond wants to leave?! What on earth does that mean?

Well Hammond is the most boring presenter at the time, with his stupid boring racing against various stupid stuff in EVERY F-ing car review he has!

Well, his Bugatti vs Eurofighter was very good, but apart from that yeah, his solo performances are poor next to what Jezza and James manage.

I went to filming yesterday and there was no sign of this at all. Jezza and Richard made a joke that it was James' last ever show. He has a doctor's appointment and won't tell them what for so they've decided it's something really awful and were asking us to guess what it might be.
As for body language showing Hammond wants to leave?! What on earth does that mean?

I think this post clears it all up. Nice one, Momo63. :thumbup:

Well, his Bugatti vs Eurofighter was very good, but apart from that yeah, his solo performances are poor next to what Jezza and James manage.

The best thing about the motorhome film was when James was cooking. The F Word immitation. :p

They would be stupid to leave, they need a few more seasons to really establish their names.

I find this very hard to believe - he has far too much of a good time on the show.

So no, I don't think this is any more than a baseless rumour. Move along, nothing to see here.

+1

EDIT: Didn't he sign a exclusivity contract a little while back that resulted in him leaving that science show? I guess it could be expiring soon, but still...

Last edited:
I don't believe it. It's just a unnecessary fuss. Don't worry guys, I am sure nobody will leave the show. If you were at Hammonds place, would you leave TopGear? I don't think so :) It's the greatest job in the world!

I agree. In my opinion and without a shadow of doubt, he has done the two best reviews this series. He is the only who makes reviews that reminds me of what Top Gear used to make in their best series ( 5+6+7+8 ).

Personally, I think its May who is leaving. He gets grilled the most and makes the least amount of money out of all three.

Just speculation but it will NOT be Clarkson, he's the one who brought the show back from the dead in the first place

Agreed on both counts. I miss the season 4-7 feel, and James' recent review still embody that. I don't know why people jumped to the conclusion it was Hammond, and I agree that Clarkson is highly unlikely as this pretty much defines his celebrity.

This seems HIGHLY unlikely.
Also agreed.

Although it does seem very unlikely, it gets me thinking... There'll surely be a day when one of them leaves or TG is no more - and even though I'd still watch the show if one of them left, I think I'd miss the camaradie between the three. To me, TG is something constant that just keeps going and it'd be awful not to have it there every sunday night. Being one of the younger members of the forum, I can probably say I grew up watching it (hell, I even learnt English watching it) and I hope it'll be quite some time before the last crowd leaves Dunsfold.

If one does leave. Maybe try and get Jennifer Saunders to replace the presenter, she seemed to be a true Petrol Headess :p Or maybe JK.

I somehow recall that, around the time Hamster had his big crash, someone declared if any 3 of them did not return then ALL 3 of them would quit TG.
If one of them decide to leave then that could be the end of TG. I therefore assume that the rumour is RUBBISH :p

If Hammond leaves, then there is an open spot for Tim Lovejoy.

I will stop watching if that happens. Lovejoy is a self obsessed muppet - Soccer AM was proof of that. "Lovejoy is a legend" signs indeed!

Hammond and Clarkson are irreplaceable. Hammond is probably one of the best loved presenters in TV at the moment. And it wouldn't be TG without Jezza. Besides if you read Hamsters book, he basically feels Top Gear is his dream job.

Last edited:
I'll believe it when I hear something official. They all seem to be having fun, though James does seem like he isn't getting to do enough of what he's best at (reviews of 'normal' cars), but not so much that I'd speculate on him wanting to leave.

I wouldn't mind Tom Ford. If it were Hammond to go, I think he'd be a good fill in. I won't say replacement because that would be unfair.

I do hope it isn't May, he's by far the best. But, like everyone else has said, I find this highly unlikely. I mean come on, its the best job IN THE WORLD short of maybe being Tiger Woods.