Status
Not open for further replies.

LP

Your Brown Banana for Scale
DONOR
Car(s)
206 HP N/A washing machine
Meh, I know I said I wasn't going to make this thread but why not :p

I was just wondering if anyone else noticed that Hammond seems a bit more dull/serious when it comes to car reviews and whatnot. A good example would be the V8 Vantage roadster. He doesn't seem excited or happy. He was more excited when he test drove the Vauxhall people carrier a couple seasons ago. I'm not saying that it was completely dull, but I didn't really feel the passion or excitement in a car as I normally would in any of his other car reviews. I know he was excited at times, but as a whole, when you sum up all the dull bits and the exciting bits, the dull bits win over.

Anyone else noticed this?

I think it may stretch to other things such as the news segment and some of the other segments, but I can't think of a good example for those. Maybe if someone agrees with me they can provide one? ;)

Feel free to call me crazy if you wish.

doubt he'll go off top gear soon. remember that short video about his book, where he sais how top gear is the 'best job in the world'

I think he's happy during some news segments and whatnot and in the africa special he was really happy to the point where he named his car :p

But then there are times when he tries to make a joke, and it just comes out kinda heh rather than :lmao:

Oh and for anyone that thinks this and the "presenter to leave top gear" topic are similar, I'll just say that the other topic is focused more on the rumor that one of them will leave whereas this is solely about Hamster's personality. The 2 may link together at parts, but they're dissimilar on the whole.

God, do we really have to over analyze EVERY aspect of the show? :?

Ok, without over analysing things here, perhaps it is because he is still in recovery from the brain injury sustained from his little parking incident last year.
It's only just over a year ago since he got out of hospital. He has said that he doesn't remember filming series 9 and has admitted that he perhaps went back to work too soon.
He has talked in recent interviews about the very subtle personality changes that have occurred and how he has had to relearn basic coping mechanisms that we normally take for granted, like dealing with stress, tiredness, anxiety etc.
Perhaps none of what I have said is relevant at all, but maybe it is.
All I can say is all kudos to him. He's a pretty amazing bloke to have got through things the way he has.

Everytime I post here, it gets locked up and I'm given a new descriptive adjective. Last time it was "creepy", and now this time its "life-less".

Just lock it up and remind me never to post any damn thing related to top gear in this section again. <_<

Calm down - I have lost my cool several times but it does not pay in the end. If you post something reasonable then stand by it, if you later think it was not too smart own up and get on with life on the forum.

i actually feel as though hes gotten better then he was in series 7-9, i remember the Noble M14 and Pagani Zonda F reviews seeming much less intense then they should have been. If anything i think its that hammond somehow either has gotten convinced hes completely amazing and doesn't try hard enough, or is worried sick and thinks too hard about his lines (resulting in the same way as previously mentioned scenario)

He still is excellent as far as live filming goes (say in the challenges) and i know he can make great car reviews because he did many in the seasons between 1-6 (atleast without question, compared to 7-9)

One thing to note is that all the times he has been lackluster is corresponding with a time that he was busy appearing on daytime television. Now since thats over hes been copping with the crash presumably, and now recently i heard hes going to host another show as well as Topgear, mmm :(

Last edited:
Calm down - I have lost my cool several times but it does not pay in the end. If you post something reasonable then stand by it, if you later think it was not too smart own up and get on with life on the forum.

I am calm. I'm just a bit annoyed.

I do stand by it because the other topic discussing the rumor about someone leaving the show should have been closed because it turned out to be a joke. A lot of the people there discussed body language and whatnot, so I don't see how this is pointless.

This is a better way of organizing all those thoughts because frankly the future of the show depends on how the TG 3 feel. Are they bored? Are they excited? This doesn't just have to be about Richard Hammond, even though the topic title kinda assumes it should be, it can involve all the TG3.

^ Not at all. Get a life.

My thoughts exactly - it's getting a bit tedious.

It's always us regulars here that say this, we appreciate the show for what it is. It's the new people that come in and want to know what Hammond didn't point his toe toward Jeremy during the news segment, why there are little random things in the corners of some road level shots, or why why Hammond was calling Top Gear Dog "Tigi". It's stupid to be so over analytical, and yet continue to keep watching the show.

Fuck, people, you're exhausting.

Then why didn't you all go into the other thread and poopoo all the comments made that were related to Richard's body language and whatnot.

I'm tired of this, I reported the post, and have gotten bashed enough. What the hell are you guys waiting for? More bashing? Just lock the fucking topic already.

Feel free to call me crazy if you wish.

Maybe everyone has their own little way of calling you crazy...?

Seriously though, you seemed pretty open for criticism in your initial post, and I guess you got it. Don't let shit bother you so much, it's just a forum on the internets after all. :comfort:

Then why didn't you all go into the other thread and poopoo all the comments made that were related to Richard's body language and whatnot.

I'm tired of this, I reported the post, and have gotten bashed enough. What the hell are you guys waiting for? More bashing? Just lock the fucking topic already.

Oh, excuse me for not locking your topic instantly.

Ungrateful asshole.

Status
Not open for further replies.