Lamborghini Murcielago SV

Driver's car, M3 CSL - SMG II.
Driver's car, new GT-R - Sequential Gearbox.
Driver's car, F430 SC - Paddle-Shift.
And again, Driver's car, Lambo Superleggera, E-Gear.

so what were you saying again???

btw, its good to see that the SV model is back again. Pity it will wear a ridiculous price tag.
Those cars having flappy paddles doesn't make them drivers cars. Quick shifting sequentials are faster around a track and they also have a slushbox setting, so they also appeal to people who're too lazy or distracted (with makeup, a phone call, or fast food) to be bothered shifting their own gears.

They are faster, but less involving then a proper gear box. Which makes them just a little less of a true drivers car. But they are fantastic gear boxes, there is no denying that bit.

Last edited:
Lamborghini is rushing to unleash a monstrous, lightweight, rear-drive rocketship supercar late next year, as a last hurrah for Lamborghini?s Murcielago. Sources at Sant?Agata insist the new V12 flagship car will have even more power than the 650bhp Revent?n, and will be crushingly fast in a straight line.

To be dubbed the SV, Autocar understands that the new two-wheel drive Murcielago will be at least 100kg lighter than the Murcielago LP640?s 1660kgs. Aome insiders say the weight savings could amount to as much as 130kg.

Losing the front differential and driveshafts will save Lamborghini more than 40kg alone, while lessons learned from the Gallardo Superleggera project will help for a great deal more.

The LP640?s welded-tube steel chassis is a more difficult proposition to pare down than the aluminium-bodied Gallardo, though, and most of the larger car?s body panels are already in carbon fibre. Only its roof and door panels are aluminium.

Lambo?s dieticians will show no murcie

Lamborghini sources insist the SV program has followed the Superleggera program by dividing the focus into three areas: the interior, the exterior and the mechanicals.

The body and the interior are the obvious parts to deal with first. The latter will become carbonfibre central; the inner door skins, the seat shells and the centre tunnel are all expected to be made from the stuff. The current leather-lined door panel will be replaced by one piece of die-cast carbon with a pull strap for a door handle. That will save around 2kg per door.

Lamborghini will strip out the Kenwood multimedia system but, if it follows the Superleggera program, it will happily sell it back to you as an option.

The electronic systems to raise and lower the spoiler, air intakes and front end will also go, and Lamborghini is almost certain to offer two carbonfibre rear wings ? one far wider and more outrageous than the other.

Sources insist that the Murcielago SV will receive all-new forged and machined alloy rims, which will save at least 6kg per corner themselves. The saving will be bigger in the rear, because the wheels are larger.

The car will come as standard with the E-Gear transmission, both because it saves nearly 2kg and because Lamborghini is worried that life will be busy enough for SV drivers without negotiating the chromed gearshift gate of a manual transmission.

There will also be massive weight losses through replacing aluminium structural parts with magnesium (brackets, for example) and any non-stressed component will also be lightened.

Powertrain engineers to find another 30 horses

So what of the Murcielago?s glorious mill? Insiders are saying that as much as 680bhp is possible, along with 516lb ft of torque, from what may be the final iteration of a 6.5-litre V12 that can trace its heritage to the pre-Muira era at Lamborghini. Expect new, lighter exhaust internals to serve the dual purposes of cutting weight and easing back pressure.

The Murcielago?s traction control software will be heavily tweaked to cope with power being pumped exclusively through the rear wheels. The Murcielago has no skid-control systems. It will also have the fastest shift on a Lamborghini to date; shift times could drop from the current 0.4 seconds to just 0.2.

Besides the road cars, Lamborghini could also use the car for homologation for privateer teams already running in the FIA GT championship. (Autocar)

That's like 534,284 different kinds of awesome! What better way to celebrate a successful run of a car than by going completely mad with it before it's retirement? :woot:

Sweet. This is what the Murcielago should have been all along. (RWD and scary, like old Lamborghinis).

Those cars having flappy paddles doesn't make them drivers cars. Quick shifting sequentials are faster around a track and they also have a slushbox setting, so they also appeal to people who're too lazy or distracted (with makeup, a phone call, or fast food) to be bothered shifting their own gears.

They are faster, but less involving then a proper gear box. Which makes them just a little less of a true drivers car. But they are fantastic gear boxes, there is no denying that bit.
Yeah...you or anyone else for that matter, will ever convince me that an Enzo or a 430 Scuderia, is "just a little less of a true drivers car."

It just ain't gonna happen.

Yeah...you or anyone else for that matter, will ever convince me that an Enzo or a 430 Scuderia, is "just a little less of a true drivers car."

It just ain't gonna happen.

That's fine.

I just don't see the 430Scud or Enzo as "Driver's Cars". They're more like ultimate track super cars. To me a Driver's Car is just a car that is a joy to drive. Not because it lapped the NRing in 6 minutes or can shift gears in .0000003 seconds. For example, I would consider the 911 GT3RS more of a Driver's Car then a 911 GT2. You can buy a Murci LP640 with a 6 speed gateshift too, but that alone doesn't make it a drivers car. It's not just about speed, is the point.

Yeah, but I hope not in the way that red spotted one does...

you fail to realize that's the same exact design wing that's on the Diablo SV....
lamborghini-diablo-sv-1.jpg

That's fine.

I just don't see the 430Scud or Enzo as "Driver's Cars". They're more like ultimate track super cars. To me a Driver's Car is just a car that is a joy to drive. Not because it lapped the NRing in 6 minutes or can shift gears in .0000003 seconds. For example, I would consider the 911 GT3RS more of a Driver's Car then a 911 GT2. You can buy a Murci LP640 with a 6 speed gateshift too, but that alone doesn't make it a drivers car. It's not just about speed, is the point.

I agree 100000000000%

That's fine.

I agree 100000000000%

[Insert/quote No Boss's 'URGE TO KILL RISING' post.]

How could you guys say that...

So driving/racing around the track is not really "driving" to you guys? :shock2: What is the point of motorsport then? (I mean the true motorsport, not the BS in F1 atm...:p)

Also the driver's car depends on who is driving it. For example, if when I get my 430 Scuderia, I will drive it like it's meant to be driven. (On the road or track, OT so don't worry.) And when I drive like it's meant to be driven, it'll be orgasmalicious, and it WILL be a driver's car.

And if I take it to Southern France and to the very gorge that JC, Hammond, and James went to with their supercars, the 430 Scud would then truly turn into a "driver's car". [Episode 07x03] From the episode we can see that on the back roads, the F430 was truly king. And from this we can say that location also plays a part in deciding if a car is a true "driver's car'.

You guys seem to take it that if a car is engineered just a little to much, or is made with just a little bit too much maths and science (in the case of the 430) then it's not a drivers car. This is not the case and is just a bad stereotype.

A 430 Scud not a driver's car...<_<

:p

[Insert/quote No Boss's 'URGE TO KILL RISING' post.]

How could you guys say that...

So driving/racing around the track is not really "driving" to you guys? :shock2: What is the point of motorsport then? (I mean the true motorsport, not the BS in F1 atm...:p)

Also the driver's car depends on who is driving it. For example, if when I get my 430 Scuderia, I will drive it like it's meant to be driven. (On the road or track, OT so don't worry.) And when I drive like it's meant to be driven, it'll be orgasmalicious, and it WILL be a driver's car.

And if I take it to Southern France and to the very gorge that JC, Hammond, and James went to with their supercars, the 430 Scud would then truly turn into a "driver's car". [Episode 07x03] From the episode we can see that on the back roads, the F430 was truly king. And from this we can say that location also plays a part in deciding if a car is a true "driver's car'.

You guys seem to take it that if a car is engineered just a little to much, or is made with just a little bit too much maths and science (in the case of the 430) then it's not a drivers car. This is not the case and is just a bad stereotype.

A 430 Scud not a driver's car...<_<

:p
I think that the 430 Scud is about halfway, a bit like the Gallardo Superlegs. I know you'll disagree on this but I can't really see the point of a "better" F430 when it's the best in it's class. The 430 Scud is a racing driver's car.

The 430 Scud is a racing driver's car.

No, the F430 Challenge is a racing driver's car. The 430 Scud is a driver's car. And the F430 is for people who buy a Ferrari because it's a Ferrari. All those "Ferrari owners" that most of you guys seem to hate for some reason.

BTW, I disagree. ;)

Gman333-X-ferrari; you don't sound like you drive a lot. Am I right?

A "driver's car", to me at least, means it's as involving as possible and connects with as many of the drivers senses as much as possible. No AWD car is a drivers car, no car with 1000hp is a drivers car, and no car with automatic gear changing (flappy paddles) is a drivers car.
They aim to disconnect the driver from the car purely to serve a function (be it laptime, comfort, safety, ease to drive). A drivers car has nothing to do with lap time or even going quickly, though you seem to think so.

A mk1 MX-5 for example is slow and a bit crap overall, but it's more of a drivers car than a Veyron, 430 or Enzo, or most other things.

Back to the SV; the Diablo SV is possibly my favorite looking car of all time, and I'm glad they're going in the right direction with weight. RWD should be good but i still can't see this being a sweet handling machine. Clarkson analogized it spot on for me; a Ferrari is like the snare work in Radar Love, a Lambo is like the Gimmie All Your Lovin' drumming. I don't think Lambo can do 'precision' when it comes to driving dynamics.

Surely though this renders the LP640 and Reventon obsolete and is the car they should have made alongside the Murcielago all along?

Last edited:
Gman333-X-ferrari; you don't sound like you drive a lot. Am I right?

A "driver's car", to me at least, means it's as involving as possible and connects with as many of the drivers senses as much as possible. No AWD car is a drivers car, no car with 1000hp is a drivers car, and no car with automatic gear changing (flappy paddles) is a drivers car.
They aim to disconnect the driver from the car purely to serve a function (be it laptime, comfort, safety, ease to drive). A drivers car has nothing to do with lap time or even going quickly, though you seem to think so.

A mk1 MX-5 for example is slow and a bit crap overall, but it's more of a drivers car than a Veyron, 430 or Enzo, or most other things.

Back to the SV; the Diablo SV is possibly my favorite looking car of all time, and I'm glad they're going in the right direction with weight. RWD should be good but i still can't see this being a sweet handling machine. Clarkson analogized it spot on for me; a Ferrari is like the snare work in Radar Love, a Lambo is like the Gimmie All Your Lovin' drumming. I don't think Lambo can do 'precision' when it comes to driving dynamics.

Surely though this renders the LP640 and Reventon obsolete and is the car they should have made alongside the Murcielago all along?

Very well written and prety much what I wanted to say.
RWD? THIS IS MADNESS!

Madness? This is SANT'AGATAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

You pretty much hit the nail on the head there... +1 rep... What you describe there is the very essence of the spirit of driving. It's not about achieveing the fastest or the best numbers, it's about having the best driving experience.

This was part of the reason why the 997 GT3 RS managed to steal the eCOTY (EVO Car Of The Year) title right under the nose of the Ferrari 430 Scuderia; It did everything the Ferrari did (at half the price, none the less) except it involved the driver in the process a lot more, having a manual gearbox and relying on mechanical grip, and perfectly mechanically weighted controls in stead of awhole armoury of fancy electronics...

Actually Ferrari was quite crossed about this, in fact so cross that they said that they would make sure that EVO wouldn't get a Ferrari press car the next time they wanted to compare a Ferrari to something else...

I HADN'T READ THAT ARTICLE YETAAAHHHHhhhuuuuoooowww....... damn.
Well, sorry... :(

Anyway... EVO #112 has been in the shops for almost a month now... :lol: I subscribe to it and I got my copy quite late too, as in two fucking weeks after it was due because the mail service in Norway sucks badly. Therefore I had the distinct feeling of being the last person in the world to read that.

Well, sorry... :(

Anyway... EVO #112 has been in the shops for almost a month now... :lol: I subscribe to it and I got my copy quite late too, as in two fucking weeks after it was due because the mail service in Norway sucks badly. Therefore I had the distinct feeling of being the last person in the world to read that.
I got mine almost a week ago and I've read everything in it except for COTY. I've been waiting for just the right moment.

But nah, it's alright. All the enjoyment comes from reading it - not from the 'surprise' of which car wins. ;):)

Anyway; A lighter, faster, more outrageous Murci?lago? With rear wheel drive? It sounds deserving of the SV name, that's for sure. I just hope the body modifications are cohesive because i've always thought of the Murci?lago as being pretty sleek and austere. A whole bunch of spoilers and wings might just look like some kid who plays too much Need For Speed: Make The Car Look Like A Whores Handbag Edition designed the thing...