Quick question about a portable DAB radio

Shadowness

Car(s)
Caged Clio 182 Track Car
Im looking to get my Dad a decent portable radio for xmas coz the one he has at the mo is a piece of ****!
Ive seen this one, which ive read a lot of good things about (http://www.comet.co.uk/cometbrowse/product.do?sku=333905&tab=specification#spec)

Trouble is that it says he listens to a lot of AM radio (I think this is what the cricket is broadcasted on :?), so will this be able to recieve that or not? All the portable mp3players/radios Ive seen dont say anything about AM radio.

P.S. I may sound like a complete n00b lol, but I dont listen to the radio (coz its shit in the UK!) and I know nothing about the technology associated with it!

Thanks!

My MP3 players radio doesn't have AM, so what I would say is that if it doesn't say AM (which that website doesn't) it doesn't have AM.

I always thought that if a Radio had FM it had AM too? Im probably wrong, just a thought.

No, FM and AM technologies are incompatible, and frankly I know of no small mp3 player with AM capability (doesn't mean they don't exist however). I googled some and found this: KAITO KA1121 A bit expensive, though.

If he just follows the cricket then a digital radio can pick up five live sports extra which transmits Test Match Special coverage that a normal radio would need LW to pick up.

If he listens to more obscure stuff than try looking at internet radios as nearly all stations transmit on-line now. He might even find some new stuff to listen to :)